Canada's Wonderland Discussion Thread

P. 1050: 2020 park and water park additions announced!
Users viewing this topic: No registered users and 6 guests
Discuss theme parks, roller coasters, and mules!
Why do I still have a donkey title???

Re: Canada's Wonderland Discussion Thread

Postby prozach626 » Tue May 14, 2019 4:58 pm

PATTYCAKES wrote:If you have ever been on Spider-man or Harry Potter at Universal Orlando, then you will be disappointed in waiting in line for Guardian.

I'm not going to be disappointed during my visit in July, because I'm not going to have unrealistic expectations and compare this ride to Universal's similar rides.

Bonafide Donkey Expert

Postby anonymouscactus » Tue May 14, 2019 6:12 pm

I like the ride quite a bit, but over the years, even early in the year or early in the morning, I always feel at least one of the screens aren't working right with the glasses, or all the guns don't even function. Although I didn't ride it the other day, I swear it had a bunch of seats roped off when I glanced over at it from Vortex. The upkeep definitely needs work, but if fully functioning, a neat little ride.

The zombie makeover during haunt is awesome and a GREAT addition to the park, but obviously suffers from the same technical issues. A fun way to keep things fresh, though. Very unique.

I'm a know-it-all about donkeys!

Postby ArgoZ » Tue May 14, 2019 6:39 pm

thedlr wrote:Question for the locals: Anything happening on May 30/31 that would cause these days to be busy?

I'm looking at https://queue-times.com/parks/58/calendar. I have no idea how they come up with their estimates. And I'm fully prepared to buy FL+. I'm just curious.

School trips are popular around then, but it’s hit and miss from one day to the next.
Image[url=http://www.clubtpr.com][img]http://www.clubtpr.com/images/memberbanners/5cb2486b05272cec913011a6bf35a887.jpg[/img][/url]

Donkey eat mullet pump.

Postby WolfBobs » Wed May 15, 2019 5:52 am

prozach626 wrote:
PATTYCAKES wrote:If you have ever been on Spider-man or Harry Potter at Universal Orlando, then you will be disappointed in waiting in line for Guardian.

I'm not going to be disappointed during my visit in July, because I'm not going to have unrealistic expectations and compare this ride to Universal's similar rides.

Why would you go in with realistic expectations? That's weird.

I first visited CW 3 years ago and I thought Guardian was a lot of fun and a unique little attraction. A great change of pace from your normal coaster.

Is it as good as a $1 billion attraction like Spider-man at Universal? Idk honestly cause I haven't been on that lol, but probably not. Is it good for the budget they had? Yes. I think it's great. Plan on getting another couple rides on this in August when I make a return trip with my family.

Indiana Jones and the Temple of the Forbidden Donkey.

Postby thedlr » Wed May 15, 2019 6:17 am

As a first time visitor to CW in a couple of weeks, and as someone who absolutely loved Spider-Man the one time I visited IOA in like 2004, this comparison seems a bit strange. Then again, I don't know a ton about Guardian. I suspect that I'll enjoy it just fine.

She turned me into a donkey! I got better...

Postby Doppel Looping » Wed May 15, 2019 9:43 am

Wonder mountain guardian is worth doing, especially if CW is not your home park and you don't get the chance to ride it often.

It's lineup is inside the mountain so you cannot tell how busy it is until you are in the lineup. You can also plan to go in mid day when it is hot and you want to get out of the sun for a while. not sure if you can take food in the line but you cannot take bags with you, so they have to either be in a fluffy bunny or stashed in the bushes.

I might be more inclined to spend my precious ropedrop time on some coasters.

The best thing about TPR is the donkeys.

Postby Prof Kaos » Wed May 15, 2019 1:07 pm

Comparing WM Guardian to SpiderMan at Universal IOA is utter madness. I don't even think I'm exaggerating.

Guardian is fun, especially the end, but it is regularly plagued with technical issues that stop it from living up to it's potential. I get on it only when the park is quiet, but for someone making a long trip, it may be worth a longer wait if you're around for a day or two.
1 - Banshee 2 - Behemoth 3 - Mystic Timbers
4 - Vampire 5 - Leviathan 6 - Goliath (La Ronde)
7 - Diamondback 8 - Vortex (CW)
9 - The Beast 10 - Flight of Fear

Why do I still have a donkey title???

Postby Canobie Coaster » Thu May 16, 2019 10:12 am

Speaking of Guardian, I actually like that ride and want to go on it once or twicr. Does that ride's line tend to die down near closing?

I'm eying a trip there a week from Saturday and plan to rope drop it for my first ride seeing that it isn't on Fast Lane.
Top 5 Wood- Lightning Rod, Voyage, Phoenix, Boulder Dash, Wildfire
Top 5 Steel- Steel Vengeance, Untamed, Expedition GeForce, Twisted Colossus, Schwur des Karnan
Most Recent Trip Reports- Arnolds Park & Nickelodeon Universe/Mall of America

2 + 2 = donkey!

Postby blk_mamba » Thu May 16, 2019 12:26 pm

coasterbill wrote:Why the Wonder Mountain Guardian hate? We love that thing.

If it was at Disney, people would love it and rate it one of the best dark rides in the World. lol

Have I mentioned how awesome donkeys are?

Postby PATTYCAKES » Sat May 18, 2019 10:39 am

blk_mamba wrote:
coasterbill wrote:Why the Wonder Mountain Guardian hate? We love that thing.

If it was at Disney, people would love it and rate it one of the best dark rides in the World. lol

Disney would never waste their money on something like Guardian and Disney would never build a ride that only dispatches 8 people at a time. How many times have you gone on Toy Story and have your gun not work after waiting in line for an hour? :mickey:

PreviousNext

Return to Theme Parks, Roller Coasters, & Donkeys!