Canada's Wonderland Discussion Thread

P. 1050: 2020 park and water park additions announced!
Users viewing this topic: No registered users and 17 guests
Discuss theme parks, roller coasters, and mules!
Can I park my donkey here?

Re: Canada's Wonderland Discussion Thread

Postby Honorarius » Wed May 08, 2019 2:08 pm

I believe they were in True North Gifts... There was Yukon Striker and some other coasters. Selection wasnt huge but they stood out as something new. If no one posts a photo by my next trip I'll try to remember to take my phone in and grab a pic or two.

Have I mentioned how awesome donkeys are?

Postby PATTYCAKES » Thu May 09, 2019 7:07 am

Honorarius wrote:I believe they were in True North Gifts... There was Yukon Striker and some other coasters. Selection wasnt huge but they stood out as something new. If no one posts a photo by my next trip I'll try to remember to take my phone in and grab a pic or two.

Thanks Honorarius. I am a HUGE pin collector. One day I will get around to posting me and my brother's Canada's Wonderland pin collection here. :mickey:

I Guess Donkeys Are Okay

Postby djfreed » Thu May 09, 2019 12:32 pm

So with some quick planning, I'll be making my first visit to Wonderland since 2015, and I'm AMP'D to ride Yukon Striker!!!

Will be going on Thursday the 16th, getting there right around the time the park opens.

Looking at Wonderland's site, they have Admission + Fast Lane Plus deal for $99.

My question to those that are there often, for a day like next Thursday.. (prior to long weekend, but school is still IN), is it worth it? Or should I just get the $50 reg admission and chance it?

I looked at the park stats site that was linked earlier in this thread, and it's 'predicting' a quiet day, but curious for the responses of people who go more often.

Thanks!

DJ

Postby Honorarius » Thu May 09, 2019 12:51 pm

I'd say it's likely to not be that busy... Plus, you never know how the weather will be... If it's anything like this Thursday, it was overcast and the park was so empty they were allowing re-rides on Yukon Striker...

Don't let this donkey melt you with its laser eyes!

Postby defrocker » Fri May 10, 2019 7:54 am

We're trying to plan our first trip to Canada's Wonderland. It seems that we may be at the park Sunday and Monday, June 9-10. Couple of questions:

Any ideas on crowd outlook for that time of the year?
Any standard plan of attack for this park?
Any must do food items here?

Thanks in advance everyone!

I Love Donkeys!

Postby SK4494 » Fri May 10, 2019 8:52 am

I honestly wonder if CW is ever going to retheme Drop Tower to something Medieval themed since the themeing of the ride doesn't fit the location it's in.

Postby Honorarius » Fri May 10, 2019 8:54 am

defrocker wrote:We're trying to plan our first trip to Canada's Wonderland. It seems that we may be at the park Sunday and Monday, June 9-10. Couple of questions:

Any ideas on crowd outlook for that time of the year?
Any standard plan of attack for this park?
Any must do food items here?

Thanks in advance everyone!
Sunday is likely to be busy, Monday to be fairly light... School is still in, so there'll be some trips there, but they'll clear out in the afternoon, leaving the park virtually deserted...

Do you plan on getting Fast Lane Plus??? That'll make a difference in how you should handle the park.

Are you looking to ride every coaster at least once??? Or are you okay with not waiting in a line for a lacklustre experience when you could spend that time doing something more fun???

Don't let this donkey melt you with its laser eyes!

Postby defrocker » Fri May 10, 2019 9:00 am

No plans for getting Fastlane.

I would like to hit most of the coasters and the unique flats. However, I'm not going wait forever for a garbage ride if that's what it comes down to.

What would donkeys be like on the moon?

Postby Married a Canadian » Sat May 11, 2019 7:33 am

No plans for getting Fastlane

If no Fastlane, Monday will be the day that will be lighter on the crowds (always is OK when school is still in). If the weather is "iffy" it will be even better.
Sunday will be busy...but obviously weather dependent.

The plan of attack is always subjective...although on the Monday you should find the time to get everything done that you want. The only piece of advice that I normally give is that both "Wonder Mountain's Guardian" and "Thunder Run" are popular rides that are NOT on either Fastlane package. As a result the line ups get pretty long for them at any time of day, so these would be the rides to do first, and on the Sunday morning if you are there. They are both located in Wonder Mountain so distance to walk is not an issue. There should be more of a draw towards Yukon Striker (and always Leviathan) so with luck there will be less people going towards the mountain to start the day. Thunder Run is popular because it is a great family coaster but still has a bit of force for the adults!

Apart from that, I hope you have a great trip.
Top Rides:
1 X2 2 Tatsu 3 Twisted Timbers 4 Apollo's Chariot 5 Skyrush 6 Maverick 7 Iron Rattler 8 Leviathan (front row) 9 Phantom's Revenge 10 Millennium Force 11 Manta 12 Saw The ride 13 Mako

She turned me into a donkey! I got better...

Postby Doppel Looping » Sat May 11, 2019 10:47 am

SK4494 wrote:I honestly wonder if CW is ever going to retheme Drop Tower to something Medieval themed since the themeing of the ride doesn't fit the location it's in.

Like a guillotine?

PreviousNext

Return to Theme Parks, Roller Coasters, & Donkeys!