Canada's Wonderland Discussion Thread

P. 1050: 2020 park and water park additions announced!
Users viewing this topic: Bing [Bot] and 4 guests
Discuss theme parks, roller coasters, and mules!
The only thing better than a naked woman is a naked donkey!

Re: Canada's Wonderland Discussion Thread

Postby njcoasterguy34 » Mon Apr 29, 2019 2:37 am

You could always use Uber or Lyft.
Only one word describes Green Lantern: "OW!"

Site Admin

Postby robbalvey » Mon Apr 29, 2019 9:47 am

Here's the multi-angle POV and some interviews that Jason did during the media event....

Why do I still have a donkey title???

Postby Canobie Coaster » Mon Apr 29, 2019 10:16 am

^ Looks great!

tanthonyam wrote:Future trip planning advice needed.... from Toronto airport are there any shuttles that go to the park area or close by hotels? I really don't want to rent a car.

As njcoasterguy34 said, you could probably use Uber or a taxi. Canada's Wonderland is only 20-30 minutes from the park, so it should be around $20-30 each way.
Top 3 Wood- Lightning Rod, Voyage, Coaster (PNE Playland)
Top 3 Steel- Steel Vengeance, Untamed, Expedition GeForce
Most Recent Trip Reports- Gardaland & Mirabilandia

A zonkey is a cross between a zebra and a donkey.

Postby Ryancrash » Mon Apr 29, 2019 1:29 pm

Great photos, Jason! Yukon Striker looks amazing. Can't wait to get up there and ride it this summer.

Donkeys are my way of life!

Postby tanthonyam » Mon Apr 29, 2019 3:33 pm

Any motels or hotels within walking distance of the park?

Why do I still have a donkey title???

Postby prozach626 » Tue Apr 30, 2019 3:58 am

SteVeUrkle wrote:I feel like part of the GP sucker crew now lol.

So what's that supposed to mean?

What would donkeys be like on the moon?

Postby Married a Canadian » Wed May 01, 2019 4:44 pm

Senile moment earlier...posting two responses in the Canadian trip thread when I meant to post one of them in this one.....ooops!! Oh well......my blonde moment for the day!!

In regards to getting to CW from the airport.

UBER/LYFT is definitely the better option now in Toronto (it is now allowed to pick up from the airport...they have their own designated pickup point). It is more reliable than a taxi (for me anyway) and of course the fare will be shown in advance. Getting to CW by public transport from the airport would be a waste of your time......it is sooooo convoluted!! Great city this might be...but Toronto really has not moved on from the 70s in terms of public transit infrastructure.....it is a bit frustrating really!..
Top Rides:
1 X2 2 Tatsu 3 Twisted Timbers 4 Apollo's Chariot 5 Skyrush 6 Maverick 7 Iron Rattler 8 Leviathan (front row) 9 Phantom's Revenge 10 Millennium Force 11 Manta 12 Saw The ride 13 Mako

She turned me into a donkey! I got better...

Postby Doppel Looping » Sun May 05, 2019 8:05 am

Rode Yukon Stryker today.

It was fun.

The best thing about TPR is the donkeys.

Postby Sledgehammer_77 » Sun May 05, 2019 10:15 am

Care to elaborate....
How was not having a small drop after the first immelmen?
Did the vest restraints affect your ride?
How do you compare it to other dives (if you rode any)
What was the best/worst moment?
Enjoy the theming ?
1. Steel Vengance 2. Maverick 3. Behemoth 4. Leviathan 5. Millennium Force

Bonafide Donkey Expert

Postby anonymouscactus » Sun May 05, 2019 12:50 pm

Rode it twice today. First in the back and it was good (the hang over the edge was underwhelming), second time in the front and it was GREAT! Best of the dives IMO, it's just one element after another and the loop is great. Definitely worth the wait for the front, and the vests didn't bother me or seem to really affect the drop sensation at all.

I don't think anybody mentioned this, but there are 4 different entrances. Single Rider, Accessible (those with return times go straight to the station rather than up the exit so they "merge"with everyone else rather than taking up someone's row), FastLane, and standby. FastLane merges at the bottom of the steps where you choose between front row, or rows 2&3 giving about a 5-10 min wait for the front, or 3-5 minutes for rows 2&3. I'd imagine single Rider going really slow on this one. The setup was great and the bin system seemed to work better than I imagined it would have worked. They really thought this one through! The bins even have an estop button... maybe for when the high winds hit and everything goes flying lol.

Each row had two modified seatings (I think... the ones with the red seatbelts?)... is it the same way on Valravn? I never noticed before. They aren't labeled at all and no signs about them... so I'm just assuming that's what they were (unless they are just rows for the amputee harnesses? -- I wasn't paying attention)

Ever since the one flipfest I had on Skyhawk I just can't seem to get the hang of it anymore. We saw it get stuck for a good 10 minutes in the air while we were eating.

Boooo to the beef burger at Muskoga coming off the dining plan, that was my go-to for every meal last year, lol

Tried the exclusive peach Yukon Striker cider, it was pretty good! It didn't have a strong fake peach taste, it was quite refreshing!

PreviousNext

Return to Theme Parks, Roller Coasters, & Donkeys!