Canada's Wonderland Discussion Thread

P. 1006: Yukon Striker construction update! Photos & video!
Users viewing this topic: No registered users and 8 guests
Discuss theme parks, roller coasters, and mules!
Non-German Tom

Postby Shockwave » Mon Aug 27, 2007 4:12 am

Looks fairly good.

Hopefully the ride won't get trimmed to death (who are we kidding, this is Cedar Fair we're talking about) and it'll have some good airtime.

I'll have red wine with my slice of donkey.

Postby vacoaster » Mon Aug 27, 2007 4:20 am

I think the steepness of the first drop sells this ride for me. I wish there could've been one more hill after the first hill before the horseshoe turn around but I like it regardless. Its like a Mis of Nitro and Goliath. Again the trains will have to grow on me but I'm sure it will offer very good air. Hopefully the big supports that will be towering over Italian Job won't distract the scenery. Congrats CW!!!! Looks like a sure winner. I won't be able to get to Canada to ride it but who knows.

I'm a know-it-all about donkeys!

Postby coastermaniac1 » Mon Aug 27, 2007 4:22 am

At first I thought it looked amazing and then I watched the POV.

Hopefully the ride won't get trimmed to death

There are 3 trims on the 3 hills before the MCBR. Thats a joke, 3 airtime hills in a row with trims on them all. And I thought Silver Star was bad. I sure hope it wont have the 3 trims that are in the video.

Elissa's Instincts Are Strong!

Postby steel » Mon Aug 27, 2007 4:25 am

What is the point of those trains? I miss the old ones...

Not a big fan of the name, but the height and layout sell it to me.

She turned me into a donkey! I got better...

Postby Sparebear75 » Mon Aug 27, 2007 4:25 am

http://media.cfpl4.cedarfair.com/canada ... 0x1200.jpg

The three hills leading to the midcourse brake run, three trims.

I Love Donkeys!

Postby mikomeko » Mon Aug 27, 2007 4:28 am

Looks fun to ride, especially that first drop, but what a boring layout! It's basically just hills and a helix in a straight line. The trains look odd, but the side seats would be really fun to ride in.

I'm the gyro!

Postby DerekRx » Mon Aug 27, 2007 4:29 am

Cool looking layout, though it doesn't look as "complete" as some of B&Ms other hypers (this has like 2 hills after the midcourse and helix). I like the location though, and the first drop looks interesting.

But these trains?? Um, did Claude and Walter never ride a Deja Vu, or did they just choose to forget how stupid that seating was and how it breaks up the groups and causes mass confusion for GP and ride ops alike.

And the name?! Come on Cedar Fair, could you knock off Six Flags any more blatantly. What happened, did you steal their artist and ride namer, or did you just have no money set aside for the name as you blew your budget on trash cans for the queue and got your janitors to come up with something that original in both name and logo design? What's next, Gargantuan, coming 2009 to Carowinds? It will be amusing seeing a bunch of ACErs running around in gravy-stained 5XL shirts with "Behemoth" across the chest though :lolr:

Looks pretty cool though, and I'll definitely be heading back up to Trono next summer now.
All clear....

Dispatch, enjoy your ride.

Derek

I Love Donkeys!

Postby Brother Jay » Mon Aug 27, 2007 4:33 am

DerekRx wrote:And the name?! Come on Cedar Fair, what happened, you stole Six Flags artist and ride namer, or did you just have no money set aside for the name as you blew your budget on trash cans for the queue? What's next, Gargantuan, coming 2009 to Carowinds? It will be amusing seeing a bunch of ACErs running around in 5XL shirts with "Behemoth" across the chest though :lolr:

Looks pretty cool though, and I'll definitely be heading back up to Trono next summer now.

At least it isn't called Footloose.. <sigh>

2 + 2 = donkey!

Postby coastrfreak2000 » Mon Aug 27, 2007 4:36 am

I think the layout looks pretty good but I HATE the new train design and the name...and the trim brakes everywhere.

Full Fledged Donkey Enthusiast!

Postby sio » Mon Aug 27, 2007 4:55 am

coastrfreak2000 wrote:I think the layout looks pretty good but I HATE the new train design and the name...and the trim brakes everywhere.

+1. Trains looking vacuum and seems to be done by a craftsman.

And.... where did they find the name ?

To finish, speed is not impressive at all at the top of the camelbacks.

PreviousNext

Return to Theme Parks, Roller Coasters, & Donkeys!