TPR 2008 Trips! Download the flyers here!

NEW! Pay your deposit online! Page 54.
Users viewing this topic: No registered users and 1 guest
Discuss theme parks, roller coasters, and mules!
DelGrosso's Sauce + Enterprise = VOMIT!

Postby Wood Dragon 1988 » Wed Sep 26, 2007 10:43 am

I've got a question and I don't think it has been asked before, but if it has, please call me a Donkey all you want and tell me which page it was on, okay?

Well, I am an 18 year old from the US, and as you can see, have not posted a whole lot on this site.

My plan was to do a TPR trip next year for a couple reasons: To meat other cool enthusiasts, and enjoy a stress free trip (which I can't seem to accomplish when I have to plan my own trips).

I sort of decided to do the Texas one, but now that it is cancelled, it looks like the next best possibility is the Euro one (which has better coasters anyway) considering I live on the east coast and have been to most of those parks.

My question is, as a 19 year old next year, will it probably be hard for me to fit in with the general demographics of the group? Basically, do any people my age do the Europe trips? I have seen young lots of pics of young people on the Midwest, but few and far between in Spain and UK.

So thanks, and again, if I am just asking a repeated question, just guide me to where the answer is!!

Chris

I prefer to mate with donkeys over humans!

Postby coaster05 » Wed Sep 26, 2007 10:46 am

robbalvey wrote:Hey everyone! Here is a bit of news about our 2008 trips!

First off, we want to thank everyone who has sent in their deposits so far. At the moment we are about 20 spots away from filling the 2 busses for the Europe trip and we are at one full bus for the East Coast trip.

Since there has been a lot of interest in our 2008 China & Tokyo trips we have decided to extend the deposit deadline for ALL TRIPS until October 28th, 2007 to give people enough time to decide between Europe, East Coast, China, and Tokyo once we have announced the details of the China & Tokyo trips.

Having said that, please expect an announcement within the next two weeks about the following trips:

- China 2008
- Tokyo 2008
- Mini-South Korea 2008 (2-Day add-on to visit Lotte World and the new Intamin woodie at Everland)

We have decided not to do a Texas trip in 2008 but look for that trip to happen sometime in the near future.

To help answer all your questions we will host a "TPR 2008 Trips Chat" on Sunday, September 30th at 5pm PST (8pm EST). Elissa and I will be available live in the chat room to discuss next year's TPR trips.

Although the deadlines have been extended, please be sure to get your deposits in ASAP! It really helps us decide how many busses and what kind of perks we can get once we know how many people are serious about joining a trip.

So if you haven't gotten your deposit in, please do it soon!

Thanks again and we hope to see you on a TPR trip in 2008!

--Robb Alvey

See the part about 20 more spots to fill a second bus. Hence my comment that extending the deadline gives more people a chance to go. If they don't have enough for 2 buses then 30 people will not make it. I have never been on a 2 bus trip so I know nothing more than anyone else does. I am just using some common sense.

I never knew my comments would cause such an outpouring of emotion from certain people.

My comments were my opinion and by no means are meant to represent anyone else. I guess I just get frustrated by the massive amounts of pages that go up, when I know from fact, that ALL of your questions will be answered in time. The deposit is refundable so if you want to go send it in, and if something comes up ask for it back. I don't see the problem and I don't understand all the "spot" on the trip confusion. NO ONE wo wanted to go on a TPR trip has EVER been excluded, why would this year be any different.

Starbucks Enthusiast

Postby gisco » Wed Sep 26, 2007 11:18 am

Wood Dragon 1988 wrote:I've got a question and I don't think it has been asked before, but if it has, please call me a Donkey all you want and tell me which page it was on, okay?

Well, I am an 18 year old from the US, and as you can see, have not posted a whole lot on this site.

My plan was to do a TPR trip next year for a couple reasons: To meat other cool enthusiasts, and enjoy a stress free trip (which I can't seem to accomplish when I have to plan my own trips).

My question is, as a 19 year old next year, will it probably be hard for me to fit in with the general demographics of the group? Basically, do any people my age do the Europe trips? I have seen young lots of pics of young people on the Midwest, but few and far between in Spain and UK.

So thanks, and again, if I am just asking a repeated question, just guide me to where the answer is!!

Chris

I just got back from Japan with TPR and there was 6 in the little group that I hung around most of the time with. 3 were in their early 20's and 3 were in their 40's. We got along fine.

Elissa will also try and match a room mate to you that is close to your age if possible. If you get along with them, then there you go.
On the 2 trips I have been on, people always seemed to have others to hang around with unless they wanted to be alone.
I wouldn't worry about it and just get your deposit in. You will have an awesome time.

Puts his hand in vomit

Postby abgould » Wed Sep 26, 2007 11:53 am

Wood Dragon 1988 wrote:I've got a question and I don't think it has been asked before, but if it has, please call me a Donkey all you want and tell me which page it was on, okay?

I sort of decided to do the Texas one, but now that it is cancelled, it looks like the next best possibility is the Euro one (which has better coasters anyway) considering I live on the east coast and have been to most of those parks.

Chris

I too went on the Japan trip not initially knowing anyone and everyone was extremely friendly. I had an awesome roommate and met a lot of super people. It seemed that people floated between groups but everyone was responsive and open too hanging out with new TPR trip people. I would not hesitate to sign up because it will be the time of your life.

Site Admin

Postby SharkTums » Wed Sep 26, 2007 11:56 am

Ok, everyone CALM DOWN!!!

How about this. We host two chats on Sunday!

There will now be one chat at 11am and the other chat at 5pm PACIFIC TIME. Now this should cover most areas of the world!

All this being said though, to be completely honest, we usually don't have as many questions from the European contingent which is why we don't tailor the chats to their time zone.

If you can't make either of these chats, like I posted in the calendar item, please just PM, IM, Email, or Post your question and we will address it in the chat and post the transcript!

I'm a culture ho

Postby Noxegon » Wed Sep 26, 2007 12:01 pm

gisco wrote:You didn't answer the question, when do you think would be a good time to have the chat?

Well, we need to look at the demographic of trips. All I've got to work on was Korea but I put that at a broad guess of 60% USA, 40% European. On that basis I'd suggest 2:00pm PST, which is I think 9:00pm in the UK, 10:00pm in France/Scandi, and 7:00am in Australia so those should be able to join too if they want to.

Instead of whining, take some responsibility and come up with a solution.

I've yet to whine; if you read my posts you'll see that.

My solution would be to inconvenience a majority of the people who are likely to go on the trips so a few whiners can get their beauty sleep from across the pond

If you consider going to bed before 1:00am on a work night to be beauty sleep, well, I guess there's nothing more I can say to that.

I don't think there's much to be gained by continuing this debate so this will be my last post on the topic. I'll just conclude by repeating what I've already said - I'll be there in spirit!

I'm a culture ho

Postby Noxegon » Wed Sep 26, 2007 12:03 pm

SharkTums wrote:How about this. We host two chats on Sunday!

There will now be one chat at 11am and the other chat at 5pm PACIFIC TIME. Now this should cover most areas of the world!

Perfect. Thanks Elissa :)

Site Admin

Postby SharkTums » Wed Sep 26, 2007 12:03 pm

^See, we aim to please!

Why do I still have a donkey title???

Postby Carnage » Wed Sep 26, 2007 12:06 pm

Wood Dragon 1988 wrote:My question is, as a 19 year old next year, will it probably be hard for me to fit in with the general demographics of the group? Basically, do any people my age do the Europe trips? I have seen young lots of pics of young people on the Midwest, but few and far between in Spain and UK.

Age shouldn't be a factor. You'll be be able to fit in wether you're 19 or 50.

I'm sure there will be a number of people your age, or in their 20s on the trip.

Obsessive Overlord of the TPR Park Index

Postby larrygator » Wed Sep 26, 2007 12:26 pm

Wood Dragon - there were at least a half dozen university age people on the Spain Trip that fit in fine with the 30-40 year olds.

Maturity level is more of an indicator if you will fit in than age.
As usual, my analysis is free of charge!
Original enough to not steal someone else's quote as a signature

PreviousNext

Return to Theme Parks, Roller Coasters, & Donkeys!