TPR 2008 Trips! Download the flyers here!

NEW! Pay your deposit online! Page 54.
Users viewing this topic: No registered users and 1 guest
Discuss theme parks, roller coasters, and mules!
Challenge me at Donkey Kong...I dare ya!

WTF

Postby snorkymn » Wed Sep 26, 2007 7:43 am

^Dude, wtf.. I was just saying I had wanted to do the Texas trip. I (and others mentioning Texas) didn't give them any guff for not doing Texas next year.

I'm a culture ho

Postby Noxegon » Wed Sep 26, 2007 7:49 am

So when should R&E have a chat that fits EVERYONE'S schedule?

Yegads, who peed in your coffee then?

All I noted was that the chosen time eliminates everyone in Europe with a job, and given that some 40% of those in Korea were from that part of the world (including myself) then perhaps there might be a better time of day. There's no need to be so aggressive about it.

Having said that, earlier in the day would eliminate all Australians, so perhaps it was a case of which is the lesser of two evils...!

Cubs/Colts Fan

Postby spaceace12 » Wed Sep 26, 2007 7:52 am

If someone hadn't of told me unofficially earlier that the texas trip wasn't going to happen, I might have been upset too, because from all accounts of R and E's posts, it seemed like it was going to happen. I was excited to about this trip because it was the most affordable of all thier trips they do, and to me that is a plus. I am now trying to decide if I want to go there on my own next spring or wait for tpr's trip. My plan now is to spend a good 3 days at cedar point while staying at breakers in the spring. Along with a weekend stay at cribbean cove in Indy (indoor water park) this spring. My advice to all of those who are upset, get over it, things change, your plans change.

R and E, even though it isn't a 08 trip, I sure hope you do it in 09.

Beer Man

Postby mcjaco » Wed Sep 26, 2007 9:05 am

Noxegon wrote:

Stick around long enough, and you know how many self centered posts like this pop up when it comes to the trips. Some of us get a bit defensive, as R &E do their best to accomodate everyone here, and we get sick of them having to defend the way they run their website and trip planning.

I'm a culture ho

Postby Noxegon » Wed Sep 26, 2007 9:16 am

mcjaco wrote:Stick around long enough, and you know how many self centered posts like this pop up when it comes to the trips.

Oh give me a break.

It's hardly self centered to point out (not complain, point out) that a chosen time is in the middle of the night for an entire continent.

I said I'd be there in spirit, and indeed I will be.

Bubbles!

Postby ParkTrips » Wed Sep 26, 2007 9:18 am

Noxegon wrote:Yegads, who peed in your coffee then?

All I noted was that the chosen time eliminates everyone in Europe with a job, and given that some 40% of those in Korea were from that part of the world (including myself) then perhaps there might be a better time of day. There's no need to be so aggressive about it.

Having said that, earlier in the day would eliminate all Australians, so perhaps it was a case of which is the lesser of two evils...!

If you have any specific questions, feel free to send them to me and I will make sure they are covered in chat. With the globalization that this site has, it would be hard to accommodate everyone as far as the time goes, however, your questions could still be answered.

Starbucks Enthusiast

Postby gisco » Wed Sep 26, 2007 9:45 am

Noxegon wrote:

You didn't answer the question, when do you think would be a good time to have the chat?

Instead of whining, take some responsibility and come up with a solution.

My solution would be to inconvenience a majority of the people who are likely to go on the trips so a few whiners can get their beauty sleep from across the pond or they could just read the chat transcript and e-mail any questions they have to R&E.

I prefer to mate with donkeys over humans!

Postby coaster05 » Wed Sep 26, 2007 10:14 am

1. I don't drink coffee so that is not my problem.

2. There is obviously no time for EVERYONE to be able to make the chat. Hence why I was making reference to that.

I am just looking back to when I was a first time tripper and never felt the need to address my questions in this manner. Hey maybe it is just me.

This title is RUBBISH!

Postby Mike Austin » Wed Sep 26, 2007 10:28 am

coaster05 wrote:
Mike Austin wrote:
Noxegon wrote:Robb, please don't forget that 5pm PST is 1am in the UK/Ireland and worse on the continent - in other words, not a runner on a work night. I'll be there in spirit though :)

1am?

Damn, looks like I won't be in the chat either then. :(

Also, putting back the deadline sucks, because now they'll be even less chance of me going on the trip, and now I'll be getting more anxious. ::(

So when should R&E have a chat that fits EVERYONE'S schedule??

I never said or asked about resheduling anything.
I was just pointing out the fact that there's a more than likely chance that I'll be missing the chat, and so the unhappy smiley was showing that, well, I am unhappy, as I generally don't like missing things, especially if they've got something to do with what I may be doing.

Second by postponing the deadline they are trying to see if there is enough interest for 2 buses, which would make you odds greater to go. This is not exactly rocket science.

Well sorry, but unlike you, I've never been on a TPR trip before and so don't really know what goes on with planning, travel and so on. It may not be "rocket science" to you, but for those who are unexperience and don't really know what's going on, like myself, hence the questions, it is.

The last comment, which I'm not entirely sure was directed at me or not, but if it was:
Some of you will be joining a trip for the first time, do you really want the first thing that people remember about you to be some selfish comment?

I don't know what your exact definitions of "selfish" are, but I found your comments to me kind of selfish...

Hopefully this post hasn't hindered my chances of going on the trip, it's just that when people come out patronisingly, I get pretty annoyed.

Obsessive Overlord of the TPR Park Index

Postby larrygator » Wed Sep 26, 2007 10:35 am

The vast majority of the questions people ask in the chat are either already included in the flyers or information that R&E are not able to release yet.

If you can't make chat and have a valid question you have two options:
1 - Send ParkTrips your question so he can queue it up for you
2 - Read the transcript after it is posted, if your question is not addressed either PM it to Robb or Elissa or post it in a thread. R&E will let everyone know the preferred method.

As far as purposefully excluding Europeans from the chat, while including Aussies. That is delusional thinking. This is clearly a matter of R&E holding the chat when it is most convenient for them and not an exclusionary practice.
As usual, my analysis is free of charge!
Original enough to not steal someone else's quote as a signature

PreviousNext

Return to Theme Parks, Roller Coasters, & Donkeys!