Universal Orlando Resort (USO, IOA) Discussion Thread

P. 1472: The Bourne Stuntacular coming Spring 2020!
Users viewing this topic: No registered users and 9 guests
Discuss theme parks, roller coasters, and mules!
I've gone pantless!

Location: In the lair of the Huge Hummel Boy (which is conveniently located near Williamsburg, Va.)

Re: Universal Orlando Resort (USO, IOA) Discussion Thread

Postby cfc » Thu Nov 01, 2012 8:09 pm

robbalvey wrote:
Invertalon wrote:I knew it was coming, but for those who have ridden it at Hollywood, does it make sense to have both this and Spiderman at basically the same park (if you have a 2-park hopper, of course).

Does it make sense to have Space Mountain and Rock N Roller Coaster both at Walt Disney World?

Or what about Pirates of the Caribbean and Maelstrom?

I'm not sure why people keep questioning the idea of having two kick-ass dark rides based on the same technology in one resort. Like having more than one of something is a bad thing...

I mean, they built two B&M inverts at Islands of Adventure right NEXT to each other and no one bitches about it, right? ;)

As I said earlier, I'm not a Transformers fan, but any ride using the "Spidey system" works for me. ;)

A village is missing its IDIOT!

Postby XYZ » Thu Nov 01, 2012 8:19 pm

Not surprising at all. Though, Transformers (USH) is very popular, so this will probably be successful.
1: Lightning Run, 2: El Toro, 3: Maverick, 4: Xcelerator, 5: Voyage, 6: TTD, 7: Gold Striker, 8: El Loco (Vegas), 9: Millennium Force, 10: Kingda Ka
Coaster Credits: 110 (89 steel, 21 wood); Last Coaster Credit: Raptor (CP) [8/22/14]; Last Park Credit: Waldameer [8/21/14]
What a season pass??

My transgendered dreams have come true!!!

Postby Mr. Starr » Thu Nov 01, 2012 8:38 pm

Jerrykoala2112 wrote:Sorry that I didn't have much time to read the whole report, but what did this ride take place of?

The old Soundstage 44. It was going to be used for HHN, but Transformers was decided upon instead and they've been rapidly building this thing like crazy.

nathan c stark is a bunghole

I prefer to mate with donkeys over humans!

Postby Mrlittle » Thu Nov 01, 2012 9:16 pm

I love that there building Transformers. I've heard nothing but good things about it.

I know they are far from Harry Potter part 2 opening but I kind of wish they would of just gave some details on it as well tonight. Who knows if that would of had people talking about them for a while since its been all Disney lately.

Alan Schilke is my "man crush".

Postby Woodie Warrior » Thu Nov 01, 2012 10:31 pm

This makes me more excited for my Orlando trip next year!

Disney World for Re-Imagined Test Track and New Fantasyland,
Universal for this and Harry Potter,
and SEAWORLD, well, for SeaWorld...
Top 10: 1. The Voyage 2. Outlaw Run 3. Millennium Force 4. SkyRush 5. Maverick
6. El Toro 7. Fahrenheit 8. Storm Runner 9. Thunderbird 10. Powder Keg

She turned me into a donkey! I got better...

Postby Aaronupsidasium » Fri Nov 02, 2012 1:02 am

So does USF set the record for most 3D attractions in one park,T2, Shrek, Despicable Me, Transformers and possibly The Gringotts coaster if the rumors turn out true.

From what I've seen online, Transformers has less practical sets and feels more like a motion simulator than Spider-Man. Am I correct?

Harry Potter is a sick donkey.

Postby Totopez » Fri Nov 02, 2012 3:03 am

I just hope it will be up an running in time for my planned visit in late June. Has anyone heard of a more specific date than "Summer"?

Don't make me kick you in the donkey!

Postby rollin_n_coastin » Fri Nov 02, 2012 3:24 am

Loved Spider Man and really looking forward to this. I'm a huge transformers fan but I'm not at all a fan of the Michael Bay movies, which really doesn't matter. Universal has such a great ability to take something with lasting recognition and make fantastic attractions out of them.

Now that I think about it, I wasn't a fan of most of the movies that Universal bases their attractions on but I've been a huge fan of the attractions themselves.

Former captain of the Arrow bus.

Postby Erik Johnson » Fri Nov 02, 2012 6:37 am

I am really happy that Orlando is getting one too. Yes, it is similar to Spider-Man, but it still kicks butt in it's own way. Now I do not have to travel as far to ride it again!

Former captain of the Arrow bus.

Postby Erik Johnson » Fri Nov 02, 2012 6:39 am

Aaronupsidasium wrote:So does USF set the record for most 3D attractions in one park,T2, Shrek, Despicable Me, Transformers and possibly The Gringotts coaster if the rumors turn out true.

From what I've seen online, Transformers has less practical sets and feels more like a motion simulator than Spider-Man. Am I correct?

I believe that there are more screens in Transformers, but you still go through practical sets. Some of them are not quite as detailed as Spider-Man, but they still do stand out.

PreviousNext

Return to Theme Parks, Roller Coasters, & Donkeys!