Switch to full style
Discuss theme parks, roller coasters, and mules!
Post a reply

Re: Universal Orlando Resort (USO, IOA) Discussion Thread

Thu Nov 01, 2012 6:30 pm

With Transformers 4 set to come out in 2014, it couldn't have opened at a better time.

Thu Nov 01, 2012 7:00 pm

Yay! The industries worst kept secret is finally out! I am really looking forward to trying this out when it opens.

Thu Nov 01, 2012 7:04 pm

This could be the least shocking news of my night...and yours! At least I won't have to fly to California to ride it now, and it'll be a good addition to USF that isn't related at all to the Potter-verse.

Thu Nov 01, 2012 7:14 pm

I knew it was coming, but for those who have ridden it at Hollywood, does it make sense to have both this and Spiderman at basically the same park (if you have a 2-park hopper, of course).

It just seems so similar that the excitement goes down for the announcement. I love spider-man and I am sure I will enjoy this, but I don't know... I kind of wish they went in a different direction with this, away from the Spiderman concept to make it truly unique and offer another type of experience.

Not complaining by any means, just thinking out loud.

Thu Nov 01, 2012 7:21 pm

Invertalon wrote:I knew it was coming, but for those who have ridden it at Hollywood, does it make sense to have both this and Spiderman at basically the same park (if you have a 2-park hopper, of course).

Does it make sense to have Space Mountain and Rock N Roller Coaster both at Walt Disney World?

Or what about Pirates of the Caribbean and Maelstrom?

I'm not sure why people keep questioning the idea of having two kick-ass dark rides based on the same technology in one resort. Like having more than one of something is a bad thing...

I mean, they built two B&M inverts at Islands of Adventure right NEXT to each other and no one bitches about it, right? ;)

Thu Nov 01, 2012 7:24 pm

robbalvey wrote:I mean, they built two B&M inverts at Islands of Adventure right NEXT to each other and no one bitches about it, right? ;)

True...

Thu Nov 01, 2012 7:29 pm

Sorry that I didn't have much time to read the whole report, but what did this ride take place of?

I have yet to see a Transformers movie, but then again, I haven't seen Spiderman and that ride is totally awesome, and Transformers doesn't have a confusing plot line that Forbidden Journey has. So I can't wait to visit!

Thu Nov 01, 2012 7:41 pm

Yeah, this is super-cool. And I don't think anyone is going to mind that it's the same hardware as Spiderman. All four Disney parks have a 3D theater (Philharmagic, Captain EO, MuppetVision, and It's Tough to Be a Bug) and they all seem to be a success.

Thu Nov 01, 2012 7:56 pm

I wonder if this version will have Mudflaps and Skids? Or the "male" robot.

Thu Nov 01, 2012 8:09 pm

Just saying-- Spiderman is arguably the favorite ride of both enthusiasts and the general public at Universal Orlando. Comcast buys the company and then decides to work day and night to provide another amazing ride by summer 2013 (and builds it in less than a year) .. If you have anything bad to say about this announcement, you are wrong.
Post a reply
MY LATEST VIDEOS