Universal Orlando Resort (USO, IOA) Discussion Thread

P. 1472: The Bourne Stuntacular coming Spring 2020!
Users viewing this topic: No registered users and 9 guests
Discuss theme parks, roller coasters, and mules!
Why do I still have a donkey title???

Re: Universal Orlando Resort (USO, IOA) Discussion Thread

Postby jray21 » Sun Oct 28, 2012 11:45 pm

The new Transformer ride would be perfect for that! Instead of Transformers fighting, it could be Tiffany and Debbie Gibson! :br

Why do I still have a donkey title???

Postby ernierocker » Mon Oct 29, 2012 5:14 am

They could easily just get away with about 8 scenes showing the same thing: Joey Fatone getting eaten by a shark!!!

Site Admin

Postby SharkTums » Mon Oct 29, 2012 5:51 am

ernierocker wrote:They could easily just get away with about 8 scenes showing the same thing: Joey Fatone getting eaten by a shark!!!

:cry: Such an emotionally draining scene!!!!!

Beware of the Magic Donkey at Lotte World!

Postby Bryce » Mon Oct 29, 2012 6:06 am

I just went to HHN 22 last night, and I have one question about Revenge of the Mummy...

Has anyone noticed how bright it is? The first scenes are great, I even noticed new lighting effects on the Imhotep animatronic. However, when we reached the scarab scene, the screens were clearly visible. It was even worse when we reached the turntable scene. You could see the turntable mechanism, catwalks, the screens that show the Imhotep projection, everything! Then, after the first launch, it was pretty bright in the show building. You can easily see the track all around you, the catwalks and the supports. Maybe it's just me, but I remember it being MUCH darker in there... :?r

Don't let this donkey melt you with its laser eyes!

Postby thestripedtaco » Mon Oct 29, 2012 6:09 am

^ I know these are two different rides but I had the exact same experience last year at HHN in Hollywood with their inferior version of the Mummy. It seemed like there was a light on the entire ride and it killed all the fun of being in the dark and not knowing where you were going to go.

Postby Bryce » Mon Oct 29, 2012 6:17 am

thestripedtaco wrote:^ I know these are two different rides but I had the exact same experience last year at HHN in Hollywood with their inferior version of the Mummy. It seemed like there was a light on the entire ride and it killed all the fun of being in the dark and not knowing where you were going to go.

Maybe it's cause our eyes are adjusted to the darkness already? That was one thing I thought of, cause there is no way it is that bright during the day. It was disappointing because it was my Dad's first time on the ride and I feel like it just wasn't the full effect.

I annoy the Title Fairy every other week!

Postby Voxelmatic » Mon Oct 29, 2012 6:27 am

Maybe they did change it since last year when I went, but It was pitch back in the show building when I was there.
I'm probably TPR's biggest fan of Premier Rides.
I'm Batman.
I rode Skyrush before it was cool.
Check out my latest theme park adventure!

Don't let this donkey melt you with its laser eyes!

Postby thestripedtaco » Mon Oct 29, 2012 6:56 am

In my experience there was lighting throughout the entire building. It was a very dull light and I have no idea why it was dark enough where it would be hard to work on something and light enough where it was a detriment to the experience.

Macaroni and Donkey

Postby simtanic8 » Mon Oct 29, 2012 10:55 am

I've noticed that Mummy has issues when it comes to lighting. Some visits the lighting throughout the queue and ride are very dark, dark enough to where you have to have your hand in front of you so you're not running into things. Other days the lights are very bright as Bryce stated I could see a lot of the screens and catwalks.

Postby Bryce » Mon Oct 29, 2012 11:54 am

simtanic8 wrote:I've noticed that Mummy has issues when it comes to lighting. Some visits the lighting throughout the queue and ride are very dark, dark enough to where you have to have your hand in front of you so you're not running into things. Other days the lights are very bright as Bryce stated I could see a lot of the screens and catwalks.

I agree. The turntable scene was by far the worst. I could barely make out Imhotep as we rotated because it was so bright.

The launch Imhotep projection is looking very nice though!

PreviousNext

Return to Theme Parks, Roller Coasters, & Donkeys!