Universal Orlando Resort (USO, IOA) Discussion Thread

P. 1444 - Hagrid's Motorbike Review!
Users viewing this topic: No registered users and 21 guests
Discuss theme parks, roller coasters, and mules!
I've gone pantless!

Location: In the lair of the Huge Hummel Boy (which is conveniently located near Williamsburg, Va.)

Re: Universal Orlando Resort (USO, IOA) Discussion Thread

Postby cfc » Thu Mar 08, 2012 8:33 am

Even the old version of Spider-man was the best ride at Universal, and I'm glad they've decided to make it even better (yes, I do prefer it to the Harry Potter ride, as good as it is).

Indiana Jones and the Temple of the Forbidden Donkey.

Postby F1shy » Thu Mar 08, 2012 9:17 am

I JUST got home to Pennsylvania from Islands of Adventure yesterday. Arrgghhh!!! I wish I had known Spiderman was re-opening today!
IT Intern for the Sweetest Place on Earth!

If the donkey is rockin, don't come knockin!

Postby Randomman295 » Thu Mar 08, 2012 1:51 pm

This is amazing! Well, sounds amazing. I'll have to ride the updated version to see. But still: I hope they keep all of the awesome.

2 + 2 = donkey!

Postby kunpc1 » Thu Mar 08, 2012 8:14 pm

I was completely amazed when I rode this for the first time this past December. I can't wait to get back and see the improvements. Definitely an amazing attraction.

I wrote the book about donkeys!

Postby King_K. » Thu Mar 08, 2012 9:17 pm

Alright, just got back from the parks today and let me tell you. Completely new ride.

To answer some questions..

-Yes, the falling bridge effect is working perfectly now.
-Stan Lee appears three times.
-The ride went down about 4 to 5 times for extended periods at some points.
-The wait was at 130 minutes at 6:35
-The old water effect holes on Spidey's hand in the facade have been covered.
-There's a great new color changing LED light that bathes the entrance area. Gorgeous at night.

Got to ride it six times today and it was amazing even with getting stuck on it twice. Got to ride Spiderman backwards which was interesting. Our Scoop stopped moving in the HobGoblin scene and we basically did the whole ride from the opposite of the usual perspective. Also got to experience a silent version of the ride during one of the breakdowns. It was pretty hilarious. They gave re-rides and re-admission passes by the handfuls though.

The ride itself looks like it did on opening day. Fresh paint everywhere. The ride itself is fantastic and feels longer cause of the new actions and scene effects. All the villains really got a heavy dose of kickass. The best scene is going to go to the Doc Ock brick wall scene. The struggle between the scoop and his tentacles is really amazing with tires squealing and huge jerking motions. The biggest change is the audio. Its so clear and crisp. The finale scene is incredibly more believable now. Especially with the new teetering off the edge of the building effect. Its honestly amazing. Really really amazing.

Spiderman returns to the throne as best Theme Park attraction at any park.

Oh, and two other things. Keep an eye out for all THREE Stan Lee's and a huge thank you to Universal for setting up social media tables right across from the attraction. They took our picture with a great professional camera and instantly uploaded it to their facebook page. Not only that, but they had six laptops set up and set to facebook ready for you to log in and upload/tag the pictures they just took for you. All free of charge. Great use of social media and really classy way of giving something extra to the guests at the park.

Young and Stupid! I blame my parents.

Postby SoCalCoasters » Thu Mar 08, 2012 9:34 pm

-must resist uge to look up POV-

This looks absolutely amazing! I was utterly wowed by Spiderman when I rode it this past summer for the first time! it's was so cohesive and smooth with some amazing visuals. I hope to get back to Orlando soon and ride this updated version, gotta see how it stacks up against the West Coast's Transformers when it opens! ;)
TPR's Biggest Legoland Nerd, and proud!

Macaroni and Donkey

Postby omgitsmatt93 » Fri Mar 09, 2012 2:03 pm

I will be posting a trip report later of my trip last night check out the hollywood drive in mini golf! It was gorgeously themed and some of the holes were incredible.
Can't everest be an intamin?

Macaroni and Donkey

Postby omgitsmatt93 » Fri Mar 09, 2012 4:18 pm

So me and Alan and my best friend Scott ( non tpr) went to check out the Hollywood Drive in Mini Golf course at night to see what kinds of crazy effects they pulled off. CRAZY is the right word. take a look!
Can't everest be an intamin?

Former captain of the Arrow bus.

Postby Erik Johnson » Sun Mar 11, 2012 5:57 pm

All I can say is wow! I was very impressed with all of the new enhancements that Spidey received. Also a side note, did anyone else notice that Cat In The Hat is back at the normal insane spinning mode again?

Indiana Jones and the Temple of the Forbidden Donkey.

Postby Spideyfreak » Sun Mar 11, 2012 7:42 pm

Erik Johnson wrote:All I can say is wow! I was very impressed with all of the new enhancements that Spidey received. Also a side note, did anyone else notice that Cat In The Hat is back at the normal insane spinning mode again?

We were actually talking about this at Orlando United. Some cars spin a lot, some don't spin that much.

PreviousNext

Return to Theme Parks, Roller Coasters, & Donkeys!