Universal Orlando Resort (USO, IOA) Discussion Thread

P. 1472: The Bourne Stuntacular coming Spring 2020!
Users viewing this topic: No registered users and 11 guests
Discuss theme parks, roller coasters, and mules!
I used to pimp out donkeys at IOA.

Re: Universal Orlando Resort (USO, IOA) Discussion Thread

Postby doublestufforeo » Thu Feb 16, 2012 8:22 pm

The only problem I foresee with that golf course is stupid kids trying to hit the balls into passing cars... :?r

“Fear can make a donkey attack a lion”

Postby testtrack321 » Thu Feb 16, 2012 8:36 pm

accelerate wrote:Saw BMG in Chicago last summer. I honestly thought that the finally was quite funny and awesome! Did this show have the "modern plumbing" section? That was hilarious, IMO.

Yes, the new show has an updated version of Modern Plumbing and Drumbone. It also has the Gumballs and Marshmallows, Paint Drumming, the Feast, PVC IV, and many other "classics".

Donkeys are my way of life!

Postby coastercrazy 9 » Thu Feb 16, 2012 8:56 pm

doublestufforeo wrote:The only problem I foresee with that golf course is stupid kids trying to hit the balls into passing cars... :?r

I was just thinking that, because you see it all the time at the boardwalks in N.J.
Last edited by coastercrazy 9 on Thu Feb 16, 2012 9:12 pm.
I won't stop riding roller coasters when I get old. I'll get old when I stop riding roller coasters!

Image\

Do You Like Music? Do You Like Roller Coasters? Click Here for Six Flags Great AdventureClick Here For Hershey Park!Click Here For SFGAdv Fright Fest 2012!*New
For some Winter fun, click here, for My New Snowboarding Music Videos!

Obsessive Overlord of the TPR Park Index

Postby larrygator » Thu Feb 16, 2012 9:05 pm

Robb - I didn't see any photos of the bathrooms, will Adam be covering that in the future? :lmao:
As usual, my analysis is free of charge!
Original enough to not steal someone else's quote as a signature

TPR's Favorite Beaner

Postby RCFreak » Thu Feb 16, 2012 10:04 pm

^Pee-O-V?

I've seen BMG in Vegas three times and each time they were a bit different (Once at the Luxor, twice at the Venetian), I love that keep updating the show (although I cannot eat twinkies anymore... ever...) and I'd love to catch this version of the show when I'm next out in Orlando!

I know more about donkeys than women!

Postby crazydaveh » Fri Feb 17, 2012 5:55 am

I've never been to BMG due to this and that reason, but it looks really cool.

As a former self proclaimed Putt Putt grand master champion, I'm glad to see a new course opening! Something new to conquer here in town! Anyone up for a game? loser buys drinks at Cigarz! Holy cow... Putt putt that close to the bar, I see a lot of Putt Putt drinking games in the future!
Beer... It helps coasters go higher and faster!

Dave

Image[url=http://www.clubtpr.com][img]http://www.clubtpr.com/images/memberbanners/78611756e2677af30ecbe7f169e00926.jpg[/img][/url][url=http://www.clubtpr.com][img]http://www.clubtpr.com/images/memberbanners/32a684dcd0f18289ee3e5a31292b8f5a.jpg[/img][/url]

Jar-Jar Binks smells like Donkey

Postby tiger01 » Fri Feb 17, 2012 5:56 am

That was amazing! So clever and unique. =)
I quit my job at the helium factory last week...I refused to be spoken to in that tone!

My newest rct3 park...Marine World [Rct3]

Why do I still have a donkey title???

Postby Hilltopper39 » Fri Feb 17, 2012 7:05 am

Great video Robb, I'm surprised they let you take that much footage of a "new" show.

The show looks great, seems like they've kept a lot of the old classic bits and added some new high tech stuff, I can't wait to get down there and see it.

Did they still have the rotating carousel man statue thing in the front of the theater like before? That was always a cool scene, hope they kept it.

Edit: For anyone in the Orlando area still in school, the Blue Man Group offers an incredible student discount. If you go to box office in person the day of the show you can buy two tickets per college ID for that nights show for $34 a piece, kind of how a lot of theaters in NYC do their Rush tickets. The tickets are subject to availability of course, but i would like think that there would be plenty of tickets available for most week nights shows during the off season, check it out.
www.blueman.com/tickets/orlando/student-rush-tickets/

Why do I still have a donkey title???

Postby alilstronger » Fri Feb 17, 2012 8:10 am

WOW the Blue Man Group show looks pretty awesome! I need to just give in and plan a vacation to Universal for a few days!
I may not know everything about coasters... what I do know is they are my life...
Home park: Six Flags America
Favorite park overall: All Walt Disney World Parks
Favorite Steels: Maverick, Millennium Force, Sky Rush, Talon, Poltergeist, I-305
Favorite Woodies: Iron Rattler, Phoenix, Roar, El Toro, Jack Rabbit, Thunderbolt, The Raven, The Legend
TPR Trips: Northeast 2011, LeviaTHON 2012

Site Admin

Postby robbalvey » Fri Feb 17, 2012 8:32 am

Hilltopper39 wrote:Great video Robb, I'm surprised they let you take that much footage of a "new" show.

Trust me, so were we! But they encouraged us to take video, and you normally are not allowed to take video of the show. I didn't include everything "new" in the video as to not ruin all of the surprise, but I was honestly impressed with the whole ending bit! In person, it was kinda surreal.

PreviousNext

Return to Theme Parks, Roller Coasters, & Donkeys!