Universal Orlando Resort (USO, IOA) Discussion Thread

P. 1468 - Halloween Horror Nights 29 Media Event TR!
Users viewing this topic: No registered users and 7 guests
Discuss theme parks, roller coasters, and mules!
I've gone pantless!

Location: In the lair of the Huge Hummel Boy (which is conveniently located near Williamsburg, Va.)

Postby cfc » Thu Mar 08, 2007 8:25 am

^I know what you mean. I caught BMG's New York show years ago and thought it was fun, and it was still unique.

But now they're becoming as ubiquitous as Outback Steakhouse.

I prefer to mate with donkeys over humans!

Postby coaster05 » Thu Mar 08, 2007 8:53 am

Jew wrote:^^^How many times are you going to mention that you have tickets for opening night?

I don't know I find each announcement to be just a little more exciting then the last. :?r

I prefer to mate with donkeys over humans!

Postby coaster05 » Thu Mar 08, 2007 8:53 am

Jew wrote:^^^How many times are you going to mention that you have tickets for opening night?

I don't know I find each announcement to be just a little more exciting then the last. :?r

Obviously my school computer found it so exciting it decided to quote me twice.

Beer Man

Postby mcjaco » Thu Mar 08, 2007 9:03 am

cfc wrote:^I know what you mean. I caught BMG's New York show years ago and thought it was fun, and it was still unique.

But now they're becoming as ubiquitous as Outback Steakhouse.

Don't knock Outback. I have Section 1 Row 2 Seat 14 tickets for opening night. :lolr:

I've gone pantless!

Location: In the lair of the Huge Hummel Boy (which is conveniently located near Williamsburg, Va.)

Postby cfc » Thu Mar 08, 2007 9:19 am

^Hey, I like Outback, too. It's just that there are so many of them. I'll probably catch BMG's Orlando act at some point, myself. ;)

Like I said, their shows are fun. But their "specialness" is wearing off.

"It's not small, but it is very 'average.'"

Postby Jew » Thu Mar 08, 2007 2:46 pm

I just wonder when is the last time the original Blue Man Group had to work.

Delicious & Refreshing

Postby jedimaster1227 » Thu Mar 08, 2007 4:20 pm

^A few days ago they had to work as they were on tour for the How to be a Megastar 2.0 Tour... They were here in Orlando two weeks ago...
Change the scheme, Alter the mood! Electrify the boys and girls if you would be so kind!

"Excuse me, miss, may I pound my large rooster into your donkey?"

Postby thefitness » Thu Mar 08, 2007 4:42 pm

Jew wrote:I just wonder when is the last time the original Blue Man Group had to work.

Actually, I wondered the same.I wonder how many "Blue Men" there really are.Anyways,I'm pretty excited they're coming to Orlando.I think the theatre will be a good addition to CityWalk.

Jason X versus the Robot Space Donkey!

Postby jackskellington101 » Thu Mar 08, 2007 6:08 pm

As a massive fan of the Blue Men, I am excited of a brand new, specially designed place for them. It looks great so far. I can understand how the amount of new shows make them less "special", but each show, the tour, and the albums are all a little bit different from the other. So they're all a unique experiences. However, with Orlando becoming the eleventh stage venue, I can see how it's a little bit of overkill.

thefitness wrote:I wonder how many "Blue Men" there really are.

Three. ;)

Delicious & Refreshing

Postby jedimaster1227 » Thu Mar 08, 2007 6:37 pm

I hope no one takes this as thread hijacking as I am just giving an update from today. Work has continued on the exterior of the theater and painting is well under way. The pictures on the front look very cool and the two visible sides of the studio have been getting the Blue Man treatment though I believe the third side may get a blue base paint before the show opening.
IMGP9520.JPG
From the Hard Rock side of the entryway, the Blue Man Group theater is really starting to shape up...
IMGP9527.JPG
Its hard to believe that these studios used to host Nickelodeon shows...
IMGP9533.JPG
Very cool!
IMGP9534.JPG
From the theater side of the entry way the new light posts with posters can be seen as the lights within them are ready to be installed.
IMGP9539.JPG
They will be ready... Will you?
IMGP9540.JPG
Looks as if he is staring at you...
IMGP9541.JPG
The side is looking good too with the famous paint-can splash being applied to the wall.
IMGP9544.JPG
One last sign of the former Slime-green that used to cover this studio is found on the column with the main poster on it...
IMGP9549.JPG
We will be watching you...
Change the scheme, Alter the mood! Electrify the boys and girls if you would be so kind!

PreviousNext

Return to Theme Parks, Roller Coasters, & Donkeys!