Universal Orlando Resort (USO, IOA) Discussion Thread

P. 1467: "Halloween Marathon of Mayhem" HHN show announced!
Users viewing this topic: No registered users and 5 guests
Discuss theme parks, roller coasters, and mules!
Full Fledged Donkey Enthusiast!

Postby gax » Sat Feb 03, 2007 9:44 am

i think could work really well, jsut depends if they match the level of themeing there currently.

just a quick question ( i scanned the thread to see if its been asked but didnt see anything) Does anybody know when abouts the construction would start, i ask because i dont want to miss out on anything at IOA when i visit in easter!

2012+Mayan=BS!

Postby Chris Benvenuto » Sat Feb 03, 2007 12:56 pm

They said it was confirmed for the 2009-10 time zone. I look forward to this, It sounds fun. Screamscape confirmed the revonation with a private source in IOA. The Project is called Project StrongArm for some reason.

What would donkeys be like on the moon?

Postby coasterman7 » Sat Feb 03, 2007 1:58 pm

I like Harry Potter, but just not in theme parks. If they redo the Lost Continent, which is very unique in it's own way, it will suck badly. And how are they going to transform it when IOA is operational year round?? The whole island will be cut off from guests most likely, and when you get to the end of Jurrasic Park or Seuss Landing, you'll have to make another trip around the park again. So I think it's a bad idea, and if has to be done, I prefer it to be done at USF.

TPR's Favorite Beaner

Postby RCFreak » Sat Feb 03, 2007 2:13 pm

As Always, I'll hold off on my judgement until it's been done. It'll be interesting to see what, and how much they end up doing to the place.

I'm a know-it-all about donkeys!

Postby RedB » Sat Feb 03, 2007 5:02 pm

If they do this right, this could end up being huge. IOA has been in some serious need of change and IMO this fits the bill nicely. But they have to go all out for this one. If they only go half way, it will probably fail.

He's kind of sad and pathetic

Postby BarryH » Sat Feb 03, 2007 5:07 pm

I can see HP stuff showing up at the park. The PF building can be transformed into a super cool attraction. The whole Sinbad's Bazar can be transformed into a Hogwart's area. Mythos can have a HP character meal. Dueling Dragons will need minimal changes, if any.

Beware of the freeze-dried donkey!

Postby Zen Coaster » Sun Feb 04, 2007 6:37 am

Yeah, I don't think they would need to retheme Duelling Dragons as they could make the coasters each a type of dragon in the Goblet of Fire contest. Don't think they'd need to really do much cosmetically though nor would I want them to. Although, they do have The Flying Unicorn which could perhaps be the one to retheme since it's a family coaster.

I'm a HP fan and part of me thinks this would be really cool. I doubt they would make it lame. I mean, it's Universal we're talking about here...not Dreamworld (for those Australians on the board) :lmao:

TLC is soo cool at the moment to walk around at the moment though so it will be a shame to lose it. Didn't end up doing Poseidon/Sinbad so can't comment on those.

Glad the changes will be around 2009-10 though which will allow me to visit later this year/next year before they take effect.

"Excuse me, miss, may I pound my large rooster into your donkey?"

Postby thefitness » Sun Feb 04, 2007 7:12 am

I'm at Portofino now,Last night we were eating at the Trotoria and our waitress mentioned that she also worked at Mythos.I asked her about the Harry Potter Island,she said she hadn't heard anything about Harry potter But,"I have heard a rumor of a new island,I really hope they don't tear down Mythos."She also suggested "Maybe they are doing something with our backlots."
Maybe this whole thing could be the seventh island that was rumored when the park first opened.

The only thing better than a naked woman is a naked donkey!

Postby JT3000 » Sun Feb 04, 2007 8:36 am

They don't have anywhere to put an entirely new island (unless it's across the road, which isn't practical.)

Enjoying the hot Scottish summer!

Postby Chrissie » Sun Feb 04, 2007 10:07 am

I have always wanted there to be a Harry Potter themed ride. I am a HUGE fan of the books and think the ideas and concepts are amazing.

I do think its a good idea for them to make a Harry themed place and Im glad its going ahead after the final book has been released, as at least the story will be complete and an attraction isnt made and then instantly out of date because a character or idea has changed or died.

But I am slightly worried as Im not sure how much or how well they can fit Harry Potter in to the lost continent. I mean you would have to have Hogwarts... but I have a horrible vision that the castle of Hogwarts is gonna be used as a template as a huge darkride telling the tory of Harry, when personally I feel Hogwarts has so much to offer in itself....

I also hope JK Rowling has some sort of say o how thing are done because that might make it that wee bit more special....

I Guess we'll have to wait and see.....

PreviousNext

Return to Theme Parks, Roller Coasters, & Donkeys!