Universal Orlando Resort (USO, IOA) Discussion Thread

P. 1467: "Halloween Marathon of Mayhem" HHN show announced!
Users viewing this topic: No registered users and 12 guests
Discuss theme parks, roller coasters, and mules!
Full Fledged Donkey Enthusiast!

Postby exzantia » Fri Feb 02, 2007 12:27 pm

I can't say I'm a very big Harry Potter fan, but this sounds like a good idea to me. The Lost Continent is really nice in terms of it's amazing theming, but ignoring Dueling Dragons, the place is a bit, meh.

The Sindbad show isn't very good (actually I think it's just plain awful) and Poseidon's Fury is for the most part a large waste of space. Between them there is a lot of room for better attractions, or at least one mega attraction.

Also, as amazing as the queue-line for Dueling Dragons is, the actaully on-ride theming could be a lot better, perhaps a slight re-jig for Harry Potter and that could be fixed.

It seems that a lot of people are against the re-theme, but I'm for it as long as it is done to the same standard as the rest of the park. It would also help to steal back some of the people heading to Disney World and ignoring IOA.

Don't let this donkey melt you with its laser eyes!

Postby willski » Fri Feb 02, 2007 3:26 pm

Argh! They need to focus on a new ride, not retheming the best section of the park!

That was one of the things I liked most about Lost Continent-it wasn't developed from a comic strip or movie series, it was original and really cool, especially in the early morning when it was still cool and there was some light fog rolling off the lake and no one there but you and the employees.

IoA was such a cool park back in 1999....

2012+Mayan=BS!

Postby Chris Benvenuto » Fri Feb 02, 2007 3:33 pm

well, being a fan. I found this news shocking actually, I had just about given up hope for a HP theme park. yet, Universal shocks me again.

I wish them the best of luck and I look forward to it. It's nothing big to me, but I wouldn't mind seeing a change @ IOA.

She turned me into a donkey! I got better...

Postby drewelap » Fri Feb 02, 2007 5:54 pm

I thought Disney was going to biuld a potter theme park due to the western passage thingy being built? Honestly......i would rather have an entire theme park based off of potter then a simple land. How would you be able to fit the world of Harry potter in the lost continent?

As long as they dont touch dueling dragons im all good.

2 + 2 = donkey!

Postby obeygiant » Fri Feb 02, 2007 6:34 pm

I am glad, but also kinda upset about this...
I never really like The Lost Continent...I really only went there for Mythos and Dueling Dragons...I'm glad to see those 2 shows go, thats for sure!
But, of all ideas that they could think of, Harry Potter??
I understand it will attract younger audiences, but I just think that a more creative idea could've been thought of to replace the Lost Continent..
I will say that it does have potential for some good rides, but we'll just have to see...
I'm still waiting for my Jurassic Park jeep ride! :)

TPR's Movie Freak

Postby knottslover77 » Fri Feb 02, 2007 6:37 pm

Hagreds Flying Unicorn.

--Jay
I Love Brent <3, GhostRider is my #1 Coaster
total coasters:74

"Excuse me, miss, may I pound my large rooster into your donkey?"

Postby thefitness » Fri Feb 02, 2007 6:50 pm

^Ah don't say that! haha
I'm pissed about this,I'm going on strike and chaining myself to Mythos.

BANTRONNED

Postby CK Media » Fri Feb 02, 2007 6:56 pm

Potter seems to fit better in Universal Studios. After all it is the movie park. If Lost Continent/Diagon Alley is shut down for renovations then there's no reason to visit.

“Fear can make a donkey attack a lion”

Postby dj snow » Fri Feb 02, 2007 7:32 pm

willski wrote:Argh! They need to focus on a new ride, not retheming the best section of the park!

Why not do both? ;)

I know quite a lot about Donkeys!

Postby Ork1927 » Sat Feb 03, 2007 3:22 am

In theory there should be no need to mess with Duelling Dragons. There are dragons in the Harry Potter universe so Dragons could remain untouched and not look out of place with the Flying Unicorn being converted with a heavy Potter theme for the kids.

Fury could be alterted and improved perhaps using footage from the films or newly recorded stuff by the actors. My only idea for Sinbad would be Quidditch but I can't see how that would work in reality.

The main concern is Mythos. Kids who love Harry Potter are going to want Potter burgers and Dementor shakes and at what age group they decide to pitch the whole land at - if they take the darker parts of the Potter universe it could be okay.

PreviousNext

Return to Theme Parks, Roller Coasters, & Donkeys!