Universal Orlando Resort (USO, IOA) Discussion Thread

P. 1486: All Parks Reopening June 5!!!
Users viewing this topic: No registered users and 10 guests
Discuss theme parks, roller coasters, and mules!
Have I mentioned how awesome donkeys are?

Re: Universal Orlando Resort (USO, IOA) Discussion Thread

Postby kenban » Thu Aug 20, 2020 5:00 am

Jew wrote:I would assume for labor cost purposes that they are only running 1 of the theaters and with social distancing guidelines in place, that’s Got to be no more than 100 people per show...

The second theatre has been used as a location for an HHN house for years now. They remove the seats and build a temporary floor before building the house. The cancellation came way too late to not perform this work. It takes several weeks to tear out everything and return the theatre to normal. Unless the park decided to not use this location it’s almost not possible the theatre is in one piece and usable right now.

Why do I still have a donkey title???

Postby coasterbill » Thu Aug 20, 2020 7:01 am

Garet wrote:Wow Shrek 4D is 75 minutes? I don't remember even seeing lines that long for it at USJ.

Hey man, people know greatness when they see it.

I prefer to mate with donkeys over humans!

Postby Garet » Thu Aug 20, 2020 7:06 am

coasterbill wrote:
Garet wrote:Wow Shrek 4D is 75 minutes? I don't remember even seeing lines that long for it at USJ.

Hey man, people know greatness when they see it.

Perhaps I just looked at the wrong time at USJ and the line was short because it was on an alternate hour for Sesame Street 4D instead.

Site Admin

Postby SharkTums » Thu Aug 20, 2020 8:05 pm

Went on a quick Universal lap today. Park was busier than expected but nothing like the reports from the weekend. 20-45min waits for most rides. Biggest I saw was 60min for the Potter Train.

I own the website www.donkey.com

Postby Haymaker » Fri Sep 11, 2020 2:42 pm

Interesting
Screenshot_20200911-173630_Twitter.jpg

I prefer to mate with donkeys over humans!

Postby Garet » Fri Sep 11, 2020 5:50 pm

^Uh, what a horrible click-baity title.

I own the website www.donkey.com

Postby Haymaker » Fri Sep 11, 2020 8:17 pm

Garet wrote:^Uh, what a horrible click-baity title.

Hooked me, because I didnt even get to see the "on rides" part

Why do I still have a donkey title???

Postby coasterbill » Mon Sep 14, 2020 7:27 am

Garet wrote:^Uh, what a horrible click-baity title.

Inside the Magic always delivers the clickbait trash.

When I grow up, I want to breed donkeys!

Postby Satans Hockey » Wed Sep 16, 2020 9:25 am

I missed this news until I got an email about making a reservation today for it, unfortunately I'm not a local so I couldn't attend even if I wanted to but I'm curious to watch some videos and read reports about how they are. Anyone plan on going?...

https://www.universalorlando.com/web/en/us/plan-your-visit/fall-and-halloween-at-universal

You can still get your fright fix with daytime admission as we test a new experience this weekend, Sept. 19-20. And it’s included with your daytime admission to Universal Studios Florida and Universal’s Islands of Adventure. There are two heart-pounding haunted houses in Universal Studios—Revenge of the Tooth Fairy and Universal Monsters: The Bride of Frankenstein Lives—so you can get your scream on. You can take your kids trick-or-treating in Islands of Adventure. Plus, you can all dress in costumes throughout the resort to get in the sinister spirit of the season.

haunted-house-bride-frankenstein-rnd-c.jpg

Universal Monsters: The Bride of Frankenstein Lives
“We belong dead.” The last words of Frankenstein’s monster on that fateful night when his Bride rejected him. But his end was her beginning. Now the Bride is stepping out of the shadows to bring him back. And there’s nothing she won’t do as she sharpens her brilliance by experimenting on unsuspecting victims. The mate will have her monster. And the monster his mate.

haunted-house-tooth-fairy-rnd-c.jpg

Revenge of the Tooth Fairy
The innocent traditions of the tooth fairy hide a darker ritual. All children must give up their baby teeth to the goblinesque tooth fairies or pay a gruesome price. Step into an old manor that has been overrun by yellow-clawed fiends who extract teeth by force. It’s an eye for an eye, a tooth for a tooth.

The Virtual Line™ experience is available for the haunted houses. When you're on property, use The Official Universal Orlando Resort app to select a return time for your group.

Site Admin

Postby SharkTums » Sat Sep 19, 2020 9:01 am

It sold out reservation wise pretty fast today so I think it's safe to assume we'll see it a lot in the next month and a half, not even just on weekends! I'll wait till the hype and crowds have died down before checking the houses out.

PreviousNext

Return to Theme Parks, Roller Coasters, & Donkeys!