Universal Orlando Resort (USO, IOA) Discussion Thread

P. 1498: Universal Halloween Photo TR!
Users viewing this topic: No registered users and 11 guests
Discuss theme parks, roller coasters, and mules!
When I grow up, I want to breed donkeys!

Re: Universal Orlando Resort (USO, IOA) Discussion Thread

Postby Satans Hockey » Thu Aug 13, 2020 12:28 pm

These are some nice perks if you're a local or are still going during this time period to make up for missing out on a free ticket to Halloween horror nights and valet parking(something I personally just never use)

I'm sure some will still complain about it not being enough though. I was planning on renewing my passes before this covid mess but unfortunately I just don't see myself renewing them because I'm not interested in getting on a plane or traveling right now so it's hard to justify renewing when I have no idea when I'll be going back. Its not like six flags where I can justify paying the money and not going.

When it comes time to renew I've read they give you like 20% for paying in full. Mine is up in October not including the months tacked on for being closed but I think they should offer a future activation date. Like for me I don't plan on going any time the rest of the year and definitely not before the spring of 2021 but if you gave me the incentive of 20% off for paying in full but I can choose lets say September 2021 as the first month I would be able to use my passes I would sign up for that. At least it would keep some cash coming in for them.

Here's the email...

Dear Premier Passholder,

As we continue to focus on operating the theme parks with enhanced health and safety protocols, we recognize some of your Premier Pass benefits, including valet parking and one night of Halloween Horror Nights admission have been impacted.

In lieu of these unavailable benefits, we are offering the following to all Premier Passholders:

• Earlier Universal Express access* starting at 2:00 p.m. from Aug. 10 – Sept. 30, 2020
• Dedicated parking toll booth lane** from Aug. 10 – Sept. 30, 2020
• One (1) free theme park admission ticket*** for a guest
Guest admission is available for use for any one (1) day from August 17 – December 24, 2020 at Universal Studios Florida and Universal’s Islands of Adventure. Premier Passholder must accompany guest to the front gate ticket windows of either park to receive the guest ticket.

Guest admission is available for use for any one (1) day from August 17 – December 24, 2020 at Universal Studios Florida and Universal’s Islands of Adventure. Premier Passholder must accompany guest to the front gate ticket windows of either park to receive the guest ticket.

Site Admin

Postby SharkTums » Thu Aug 13, 2020 12:42 pm

^That's good of them to offer that. I kind of also feel like even the normal pass holders should get something though. Especially since I bought a pass about four weeks before they offered the 'buy a day get the year free and add on Volcano bay for $30' pass!!!! Still kind of bitter about that.

Counts I305 as 32 credits...

Postby A.J. » Thu Aug 13, 2020 1:09 pm

SharkTums wrote:^That's good of them to offer that. I kind of also feel like even the normal pass holders should get something though. Especially since I bought a pass about four weeks before they offered the 'buy a day get the year free and add on Volcano bay for $30' pass!!!! Still kind of bitter about that.

I'm thinking really hard about ditching my SWO / BGT pass and getting a Universal one instead... At least for me, a full annual pass makes more financial sense than the "until December 24th" ticket. The ticket still requires you to pay for parking for each visit. Meanwhile, the Preferred and Premier passes get you free parking after the first visit, and three months for free. So it's 15 months with included parking, or 4 months without.
Data entry nut for the official TPR coaster poll! https://coasterpoll.com/
Follow me on Instagram for perfectly adequate theme park photos!
The opinions that I post on this forum do not necessarily represent those of the company I work for.

Site Admin

Postby SharkTums » Thu Aug 13, 2020 6:01 pm

^Yeah, Robb has parking on his pass so I didn't need that. Again, it's fine, I realize I'm in the minority but with them reaching out to some pass holders I was hoping maybe they'd reach out to more who just purchased.

I prefer to mate with donkeys over humans!

Postby grsupercity » Fri Aug 14, 2020 6:04 am

What they should of done with fast and furious supercharged is make it like radiator springs racers. Have you slowly drive through some garages with cars being hopped up on lifts, then have it slowly change into the other movies until bam its racing with another car around a slot car type track.
After riding Lightning Run I can not understand why parks are not lining up to buy some Hyper GTX models. That little ride rocks

I prefer to mate with donkeys over humans!

Postby Garet » Fri Aug 14, 2020 6:10 am

West Coast Racers is a better Fast and Furious ride than Supercharged.

When I grow up, I want to breed donkeys!

Postby Satans Hockey » Sat Aug 15, 2020 12:09 pm

SharkTums wrote:^That's good of them to offer that. I kind of also feel like even the normal pass holders should get something though. Especially since I bought a pass about four weeks before they offered the 'buy a day get the year free and add on Volcano bay for $30' pass!!!! Still kind of bitter about that.

Have you tried giving them a call to see if they will match it since it was only a month before? I've had good experiences with their customer service before and worst case scenario they will just say no.

Site Admin

Postby SharkTums » Sat Aug 15, 2020 1:51 pm

^I may try.

What I do and who I am

Postby pianojohn » Sat Aug 15, 2020 5:25 pm

Quick trip report

Went today, Saturday August 15, 2020, and the place was MOBBED. I realize there is limited capacity, but I have not seen the park this crowded since the holidays. Lines for everything averaged 60+ minutes, and both Hagrids and Gringotts were down. Add onto that the temporary closures of Fast and Furious, Poseidon, and some other rides, and you got limited options.

I did a quick loop and left without riding anything.
61920166011__1F8E9743-4AC6-481C-A35B-AABDD5FF8810.JPG
Yeah. And this was at about 1pm.
IMG_7303.JPEG
Representing CP at UO!
IMG_7304.JPEG
See?
IMG_7305.JPEG
Check out those wait times
IMG_7306.JPEG
Yikes
IMG_7307.JPEG
HARD pass
IMG_7308.PNG
When have you seen an 80 minute wait for the train?

Site Admin

Postby SharkTums » Sat Aug 15, 2020 5:29 pm

Wow! I had a friend texting me some wait times from today and I was wondering what was going on or if they were over posting or what. That's kind of crazy. I saw Hulk at 110 min!

PreviousNext

Return to Theme Parks, Roller Coasters, & Donkeys!