Universal Orlando Resort (USO, IOA) Discussion Thread

P. 1486: All Parks Reopening June 5!!!
Users viewing this topic: No registered users and 7 guests
Discuss theme parks, roller coasters, and mules!
"Excuse me, miss, may I pound my large rooster into your donkey?"

Re: Universal Orlando Resort (USO, IOA) Discussion Thread

Postby anonymouscactus » Tue Jun 23, 2020 6:27 pm

https://www.clickorlando.com/news/local/2020/06/23/universal-orlando-lays-off-theme-park-employees/

It doesn't state the exact number, but I'm guessing it's pretty high up there. Very unfortunate for the staff and I hope they can rebound quickly.

Site Admin

Postby SharkTums » Tue Jun 23, 2020 8:20 pm

Real bummer but expected. USH is also having some pretty major layoffs.

Counts I305 as 32 credits...

Postby A.J. » Wed Jun 24, 2020 5:14 am

Some sources (such as this one, though exact details are unverified) are reporting that a lot of the people laid off were from non guest-facing positions, such as from marketing, or Universal Creative, and in a few cases those people had years of experience with the company.

I've been noticing a significant amount of shakeups impacting a lot of creative friends and colleagues these past few weeks alone... The design side of the theme park business is going to look remarkably different once this all settles down.
Last edited by A.J. on Wed Jun 24, 2020 6:03 am.
Data entry nut for the official TPR coaster poll! https://coasterpoll.com/
Follow me on Instagram for perfectly adequate theme park photos!
The opinions that I post on this forum do not necessarily represent those of the company I work for.

I'll have red wine with my slice of donkey.

Postby Domm » Wed Jun 24, 2020 5:21 am

Is there still a paid fast lane service available?

Site Admin

Postby SharkTums » Wed Jun 24, 2020 9:47 am

^Yes. Universal Express.

Site Admin

Postby robbalvey » Sat Jun 27, 2020 10:15 am

Screen Shot 2020-06-27 at 1.12.49 PM.png

UNIVERSAL ORLANDO RESORT’S ALL-NEW STUNT SHOW – THE BOURNE STUNTACULAR – WILL GRAND OPEN ON JUNE 30, 2020

ORLANDO, Fla. (June 27, 2020) – The Bourne Stuntacular, based on Universal Pictures’ blockbuster Bourne film franchise, will grand open on June 30, 2020 at Universal Studios Florida as the most technologically-advanced stunt show yet. The all-new show will fully immerse guests in the world of Jason Bourne through groundbreaking technology, including an immense LED screen and high-tech props, to incredible live performers executing extreme stunts at heights up to 22 feet, and practical effects that will have guests feeling gusts of wind and the heat of explosive flames.

To celebrate the opening of The Bourne Stuntacular, Universal Orlando will debut a virtual sneak peek of the show on June 29. The sneak peek will feature special guests from the Bourne film franchise, a behind-the-scenes look at what it took to bring the show to life, as well as a preview of the action-packed stunt show itself. Guests can tune into the Universal Orlando YouTube Channel at 7:00 p.m. EST to get a first look at The Bourne Stuntacular and follow along on Universal Orlando’s Twitter and Instagram for exclusive highlights.

Guests should download the Universal Orlando App to view The Bourne Stuntacular show times.

Across the destination, the health and safety of our guests and team members continues to be our top priority. To ensure proper social distancing, we have implemented new procedures in our indoor theaters, including appropriate spacing between travel parties and providing assistance to our guests with seating and exiting the theater to avoid congestion. These procedures mean that our show capacity will be limited and wait times may be longer than usual to experience the show. We have also increased our already-aggressive cleaning procedures and will continue to sanitize high-touch surfaces between each show. All guests are also required to wear a face covering while experiencing The Bourne Stuntacular.

I will provide you with maximum pleasure.

Postby DBru » Sun Jun 28, 2020 2:09 pm

I actually loved the Terminator attraction and how it integrated live actors and animatronics with a screen-based show. I was disappointed when its closure was announced, but this really seems like a worth replacement! I’m super excited to hear live actors are still involved.

Has anyone had a chance to attend one of the preview shows?

A zonkey is a cross between a zebra and a donkey.

Postby JRice92 » Sun Jun 28, 2020 7:07 pm

I've seen The Bourne Stuntacular four times now, I was pretty impressed! The pre-show explains the story so you don't have to see the films to understand the story. The technology used in the show made my jaw drop at one point because it was so good. I think it's a solid addition to the park and definitely worth seeing on a visit!
2015 Ride Host - Millennium Force
2016 Team Leader - Millennium Force
2017 Ride Supervisor - Valravn
2018 Ride Supervisor - Top Thrill Dragster

Site Admin

Postby SharkTums » Sun Jun 28, 2020 8:05 pm

JRice92 wrote:I've seen The Bourne Stuntacular four times now, I was pretty impressed! The pre-show explains the story so you don't have to see the films to understand the story. The technology used in the show made my jaw drop at one point because it was so good. I think it's a solid addition to the park and definitely worth seeing on a visit!

We should meet up for a park lap one of these days!

token black guy

Postby jarmor » Mon Jun 29, 2020 9:30 am

KBrylczyk wrote:I'm curious about JK's thoughts on sightlines with this coaster and Hogsmeade.

I think sightlines only matter while in the wizarding worlds.
"B&M will NEVER build a coaster over 300 ft..." until 2012
"Cedar Fair will NEVER build a coaster taller than MF..." until 2015

PreviousNext

Return to Theme Parks, Roller Coasters, & Donkeys!