Universal Orlando Resort (USO, IOA) Discussion Thread

P. 1486: All Parks Reopening June 5!!!
Users viewing this topic: No registered users and 4 guests
Discuss theme parks, roller coasters, and mules!
"It's not small, but it is very 'average.'"

Re: Universal Orlando Resort (USO, IOA) Discussion Thread

Postby Jew » Wed Apr 15, 2020 4:06 pm

SharkTums wrote:I miss 1999 IOA!!!!

Definitely moved the needle for the industry. Was jaw dropping at the time.

Why do I still have a donkey title???

Postby ytterbiumanalyst » Wed Apr 15, 2020 5:03 pm

Very nice! I tried to get my dad to take us there back in '99 or 2000...never happened. I'll be making up for that with my kids, but I know it's not the same. Thanks for sharing what I missed.

token black guy

Postby jarmor » Thu Apr 16, 2020 8:59 am

^ You can make up for it with Epic Universe.
"B&M will NEVER build a coaster over 300 ft..." until 2012
"Cedar Fair will NEVER build a coaster taller than MF..." until 2015

Postby ytterbiumanalyst » Thu Apr 16, 2020 1:33 pm

I really hope so! It looks...epic.

I'll see myself out.

Nuthin' better than a naked donkey!

Postby RollerManic » Thu Apr 16, 2020 4:05 pm

I know it's not the same park it was when it opened up but, I think what USO has become is more of an atrocity than IoA. We've lost Lost Continent and DD, and added metal detectors, but we've also have gotten some pretty awesome additions over the years too - Forbidden Journey, new Hulk, and this kickass Intamin you can see being built below in this video from a local news chopper:

IoA flyover starts around 4 and lasts till around 11

The Jurassic Park area is about to get a lot better than it ever has been (so long as they leave JPRA alone)!
Last edited by RollerManic on Thu Apr 16, 2020 7:23 pm.

I'd like to buy a vowel!

Postby KBrylczyk » Thu Apr 16, 2020 6:40 pm

jarmor wrote:^ You can make up for it with Epic Universe.

For everyone's sake I sure hope it can measure up to IOA's premier.

If they can pull off a huge, industry-changing attraction like they did with Spider-Man I will be very happy. I'm not going to hold my breath, though, as back then the Universal parks invested in large-scale, innovative, practical attractions for practically everything, as opposed to the previous decade-plus trend of glorified simulators with the oddball traditional ride (albeit heavily-themed) every now and then.

My first visit to IOA was that opening year in October. Every single thing was brand spankin' new (except Dr. Doom, really), immersive as hell, spectacularly themed, and essentially stood for everything a teenager wanted that Disney didn't offer. As a 15 year old at the time, I loved the hell out of it. I still do, though I've not visited since 2012. Other parks, namely Disney, have stepped up their game dramatically in response and have since outdone Universal at their own game multiple times in both new lands and entire new theme parks. I really hope Universal can come out swinging and hit a homer. I really do, but I'm honestly not sure.
Image[url=http://www.clubtpr.com][img]http://www.clubtpr.com/images/memberbanners/539c3534a7c7084b61a754366e69a2bf.jpg[/img][/url]

Postby DoinItForTheFame » Sat Apr 18, 2020 7:22 pm

RollerManic wrote:I know it's not the same park it was when it opened up but, I think what USO has become is more of an atrocity than IoA. We've lost Lost Continent and DD, and added metal detectors, but we've also have gotten some pretty awesome additions over the years too - Forbidden Journey, new Hulk, and this kickass Intamin you can see being built below in this video from a local news chopper...

Okay... What the heck did I miss?!?! What is this new coaster being built!??!

JP.png
Bigger is not always better.

Site Admin

Postby SharkTums » Sat Apr 18, 2020 8:41 pm

^Intamin Jurassic Park coaster.

Nuthin' better than a naked donkey!

Postby RollerManic » Sun Apr 19, 2020 12:44 am

Not a family Intamin like Hagrid’s this time either. Oh no. It’s a blitz coaster along the lines of iSpeed.

Site Admin

Postby robbalvey » Tue May 12, 2020 4:49 pm

Universal Orlando City Walk will partially open on May 14th: Details: https://www.universalorlando.com/web/en/us/terms-of-service/operations-update?linkId=88480280

May 14 CityWalk is Opening for Limited Operations

Select CityWalk venues are opening for our guests to enjoy from 4–10 pm daily. Our team and all of our guests should follow all recommended CDC guidelines.

- We are requiring temperature checks for all guests upon their arrival. Anyone with a temperature of 100.4 degrees or greater will not be able to enter CityWalk. As part of our standard procedures, Team Members will undergo temperature checks as well.

- Everyone – including all Team Members and guests – is required to wear face coverings while at Universal CityWalk.

- Each venue will limit capacity to help enforce social distancing

- All chairs, tables and high-touch surfaces will be thoroughly and frequently cleaned and disinfected

Screen Shot 2020-05-12 at 3.53.30 PM.png
v

Self-parking is complimentary. Valet parking is not available at this time. Subject to change.

In addition to shopping at the Universal Studios Store and select merchandise carts, there are plenty of tasty temptations across CityWalk, each is opening with a delicious but limited menu, as well as limited seating.

PreviousNext

Return to Theme Parks, Roller Coasters, & Donkeys!