Universal Orlando Resort (USO, IOA) Discussion Thread

P. 1472: The Bourne Stuntacular coming Spring 2020!
Users viewing this topic: No registered users and 7 guests
Discuss theme parks, roller coasters, and mules!
A zonkey is a cross between a zebra and a donkey.

Re: Universal Orlando Resort (USO, IOA) Discussion Thread

Postby Angle O. Descent » Sat Jan 11, 2020 1:15 pm

Have the wait times gotten any better this month? We were planning a trip for next January.

Why do I still have a donkey title???

Postby coasterbill » Sat Jan 11, 2020 2:39 pm

Be at the park entrance gate when the park opens and you’ll be fine. If you’re there like 30 minutes earlier than opening I doubt you’ll even wait an hour (once the park opens).

Wait times seem pretty normal again. Christmas week is always ridiculous.

"Excuse me, miss, may I pound my large rooster into your donkey?"

Postby anonymouscactus » Sat Jan 11, 2020 3:07 pm

Late to the party...

coasterbill wrote: Brit's declared it her new favorite coaster... Her favourite ride in Canada is Wonder Mountain's Guardian so this is what you're dealing with here...

Well I *was* looking forward to this ride... but I think I can wait a few years until I visit Universal again if we're putting it in the same league as WMG ;)

I did the tram tour in Hollywood and the fact they had two different screen scenes was overkill. I will happily skip fast and furious if it's anything like the sorta counterpart in Hollywood.

Great report, though. Brings back memories, as I haven't been to Universal in quite some time. Going to make it to FL this year, though, just don't know if Universal will be in the cards just yet. We'll see. Too much awesome stuff opening soon or recently opened.

token black guy

Postby jarmor » Sun Jan 12, 2020 12:32 pm

I don't think it was put in the same category as wonder mountain, just stating that's her fav at wonderland.
"B&M will NEVER build a coaster over 300 ft..." until 2012
"Cedar Fair will NEVER build a coaster taller than MF..." until 2015

I teach at the school of donkey!

Postby teacherkim » Sun Jan 12, 2020 3:56 pm

One of the regular Universal vloggers reported that it was now running 10 trains which is near capacity (apparently it can run 11?) If that is accurate and they can keep it up, should help with wait times. I'm assuming they won't add fastpass until the Jurassic Park coaster opens.

Postby coasterbill » Mon Jan 13, 2020 8:38 am

The ride has also been closing later (generally after 6pm now).

As for Express, it took them years to add it to Forbidden Journey and Gringotts so I wouldn't hold my breath on that one. :lol:

Postby Canobie Coaster » Mon Jan 13, 2020 9:01 am

^ It's also cooler now so it'll be interesting if the ride's reliability doesn't revert next summer (if heat was an issue).
Top 3 Wood- Lightning Rod, Voyage, Coaster (PNE Playland)
Top 3 Steel- Steel Vengeance, Untamed, Twisted Colossus
Most Recent Trip Reports- Halloween Horror Nights & Universal Studios Florida

I teach at the school of donkey!

Postby teacherkim » Mon Jan 13, 2020 12:39 pm

One of the ride ops indicated to us that rain was an issue not heat (of course there is much more rain in Florida in the summer) They claimed rain sometimes interfered with the sensors. Now this was a ride op not a maintenance person so ......

"Excuse me, miss, may I pound my large rooster into your donkey?"

Postby anonymouscactus » Sun Jan 19, 2020 7:52 pm

Can someone remind me how the "holding pens" at Horror Nights work specifically if we want to do Islands during the day, and Studios/HHN during the night. If we have a day ticket at the opposite park (NOT a Hopper ticket) do they still let us into a special area at a certain time, or am I out of luck since it's the opposite park? My guess is there isn't anything for us, but I vaguely remember back in the day where was some way to do this (though it may have only been only with the 3pm stay and scream ticket which they no longer offer).

Thanks! Trying to get my plan of attack done 9 months early... lol...

token black guy

Postby jarmor » Mon Jan 20, 2020 6:39 am

If you have a day ticket for IOA then you will not be able to enter the studios for HHN until it opens for the night. I think they did offer the scream early ticket last year. I would wait to see what they come out with. Personally, I would opt for the one day 2 park ticket. Some attractions are not available at the studios during HHN and honestly, the crowds are nonexistent at the parks (during the day) when HHN happens. So, what I would do is get the 2 park ticket, do IOA at rope drop then head over to the studios around 2-3 and do the attractions they won't be open for HHN THEN haed to the stay and scream areas.
"B&M will NEVER build a coaster over 300 ft..." until 2012
"Cedar Fair will NEVER build a coaster taller than MF..." until 2015

PreviousNext

Return to Theme Parks, Roller Coasters, & Donkeys!