Universal Orlando Resort (USO, IOA) Discussion Thread

P. 1472: The Bourne Stuntacular coming Spring 2020!
Users viewing this topic: Bing [Bot] and 13 guests
Discuss theme parks, roller coasters, and mules!
Online
Bonafide Donkey Expert
User avatar
 
Posts: 1099
Joined: 15 Oct 2011
Location: Buffalo, NY
Gender: Male

Re: Universal Orlando Resort (USO, IOA) Discussion Thread

Postby anonymouscactus » Fri Oct 18, 2019 11:09 am

tinaalsgirl wrote:I just hope that guy was filling up on Powerade or something; that much soda in a day with walking around a park in the heat... just asking for dehydration.


Not to be "that guy" but while not as hydrating as pure water, it is certainly not dehydrating or close to it. This is a common myth.

Not saying he should be drinking that much, but... yeah. lol.

FYI: I am not a doctor. But you can Google it. I actually am fun at parties, I promise.

He's kind of sad and pathetic
User avatar
 
Posts: 4539
Joined: 17 Feb 2005
Location: Fort Myers, FL
Gender: Male
Age: 47

Re: Universal Orlando Resort (USO, IOA) Discussion Thread

Postby BarryH » Fri Oct 18, 2019 8:02 pm

I just wonder what he is going to get for compensation. I imagine him walking around the park with a big barrel of soda on his back and a tube running into his mouth, pumping soda into him constantly.

Why do I still have a donkey title???
User avatar
 
Posts: 14754
Joined: 16 Feb 2005
Location: The bar
Gender: Male
Age: 31

Re: Universal Orlando Resort (USO, IOA) Discussion Thread

Postby coasterbill » Mon Oct 21, 2019 9:09 am

So I keep saying that I'll wait for this ride to be less of a sh*tshow before planning a trip but is that day coming? :lol:
Untitled.jpg

Why do I still have a donkey title???
User avatar
 
Posts: 6947
Joined: 21 Mar 2008
Location: Massachusetts
Gender: Male
Age: 26

Re: Universal Orlando Resort (USO, IOA) Discussion Thread

Postby Canobie Coaster » Mon Oct 21, 2019 9:29 am

It's one thing if all that downtime is just them closing the ride early (still bad but at least predictable). But it's erratic during the time it's supposed to run.

I can only imagine the disaster this will be around Christmas.
Top 3 Wood- Lightning Rod, Voyage, Coaster (PNE Playland)
Top 3 Steel- Steel Vengeance, Untamed, Expedition GeForce
Image
Most Recent Trip Reports- Hamburg DOM & Heide Park

I'm a know-it-all about donkeys!
User avatar
 
Posts: 217
Joined: 01 Jun 2010
Location: Memphis, TN
Gender: Male
Age: 44

Re: Universal Orlando Resort (USO, IOA) Discussion Thread

Postby better_by_design » Mon Oct 21, 2019 9:55 am

Satans Hockey wrote:Pretty sure Cedar Fair has a 10-15 min wait in between on the paper cup plan, I can't remember exactly cause I don't even get the refills that quickly lol


Legoland Florida has a similar 10 minute time throttle on their Freestyle machines.

And yes, it's a ridiculous lawsuit, but he's not technically wrong. Look a menu description change to remove the word "unlimited" or maybe an asterisk and some tiny type that no one will read. Progress! :airtime:
"I am fascinated, always."
My Overseas Adventures TRsImage

Online
When I grow up, I want to breed donkeys!
 
Posts: 641
Joined: 27 May 2007
Location: Central NJ native; Northern DE resident.
Gender: None specified
Age: 36

Re: Universal Orlando Resort (USO, IOA) Discussion Thread

Postby Mike240SX » Mon Oct 21, 2019 10:26 am

Satans Hockey wrote:Pretty sure Cedar Fair has a 10-15 min wait in between on the paper cup plan, I can't remember exactly cause I don't even get the refills that quickly lol


Cedar Fair's is 15 minutes, and I guess I'm just the type to read the fine print, but I always knew that was the deal when I bought the drink plan.
-Mike
Total Coasters: 145
Top 10 Steel: Maverick, Skyrush, Intimidator 305, Fury 325, Banshee, Millennium Force, Raptor, Superman: The Ride (SFNE), Top Thrill Dragster, Big Bad Wolf
Top 10 Wood: The Beast, El Toro, Phoenix (Knoebels), Boulder Dash, Thunderbolt (KW), Mystic Timbers, Comet (Hershey), Hercules, Shivering Timbers, Jack Rabbit (KW)
Top 5 Hybrid: Twisted Timbers, Goliath (SFGAm), Wicked Cyclone, Great White, Gemini

Online
Have I mentioned how awesome donkeys are?
User avatar
 
Posts: 264
Joined: 17 Aug 2017
Location: Kaiserslautern
Gender: Male
Age: 34

Re: Universal Orlando Resort (USO, IOA) Discussion Thread

Postby Pedrinho » Tue Oct 22, 2019 12:02 am

Hey there,

we're recently planning our Orlando trip in October 2020. As we are attending our best friends wedding, we will be very likely be spending some time at Universal. As we will have two kids by then, one two and a half year old and one six months old, we have some questions:
Are the two parks doable with one or two strollers?
Are there also rides for kids?
How does the baby switch work?
How does the Express Pass work? More like Six Flags or more like Cedar fair?
Is the water park suitable for kids or should we postpone that to a future trip?

We're also glad for some tips you have that ease up our planning. We plan to do two days with Express Passes, no matter how the crowds are, just to have the fewest possible time waiting in lines, even if we only skip ten minute lines.

Thanks for helping us. Especially Sarah will be more relaxed if we start planning now. The journey will be very exciting, also because we're planning to travel with a kid that's not even born yet! :)
Top: Wood: Beast|Mystic Timbers|Wodan|Twister|Phoenix; Dive: Valravn; Wing: Flug der Dämonen|GateKeeper; Launch: Top Thrill Dragster|Karacho; Floorless: Rougarou; Invert: Banshee|Raptor|Monster; Bob: Flying Turns; <200ft: Expedition GeForce|Maverick; >200ft: Magnum XL-200; >300ft: Millennium Force; Mine: Colorado Adventure; Boomerang: Raik; Hybrid: Cyclone
Bucket List: Steel Vengeance|FLY|Formula Rossa|Blue Gemini|Colossos|Kennywood|Hersheypark
Image

Why do I still have a donkey title???
User avatar
 
Posts: 6947
Joined: 21 Mar 2008
Location: Massachusetts
Gender: Male
Age: 26

Re: Universal Orlando Resort (USO, IOA) Discussion Thread

Postby Canobie Coaster » Tue Oct 22, 2019 6:49 am

Each park has a good kids area. Islands of Adventure has Seuss Landing and Universal has the Woody Woodpecker/Barney/Fievel's Playland area. The areas have a mix of rides and play structures.

As for Express Pass, you get your own separate queue. No reservation time; you just walk right in. You can either do unlimited or one time each. Universal also has tons of single rider lines, but I don't know how those would work with parent swap. It's worth noting that Hagrid's currently is not on Express Pass.

I've never done Volcano Bay so I can't speak to that park.
Top 3 Wood- Lightning Rod, Voyage, Coaster (PNE Playland)
Top 3 Steel- Steel Vengeance, Untamed, Expedition GeForce
Image
Most Recent Trip Reports- Hamburg DOM & Heide Park

Why do I still have a donkey title???
User avatar
 
Posts: 3454
Joined: 01 Mar 2005
Location: Jacksonville,FL
Gender: Male

Re: Universal Orlando Resort (USO, IOA) Discussion Thread

Postby Hilltopper39 » Tue Oct 22, 2019 7:07 am

Pedrinho wrote:Hey there,

we're recently planning our Orlando trip in October 2020. As we are attending our best friends wedding, we will be very likely be spending some time at Universal. As we will have two kids by then, one two and a half year old and one six months old, we have some questions:
Are the two parks doable with one or two strollers?
Are there also rides for kids?
How does the baby switch work?
How does the Express Pass work? More like Six Flags or more like Cedar fair?
Is the water park suitable for kids or should we postpone that to a future trip?

We're also glad for some tips you have that ease up our planning. We plan to do two days with Express Passes, no matter how the crowds are, just to have the fewest possible time waiting in lines, even if we only skip ten minute lines.

Thanks for helping us. Especially Sarah will be more relaxed if we start planning now. The journey will be very exciting, also because we're planning to travel with a kid that's not even born yet! :)


You may wanna check the heights of your kids before the trip and just be aware that pretty much everything at Universal has a height restriction, even the dark rides like Cat in the Hat, ET and the kiddie coasters like Hippogriff/Woody Woodpecker and Seuss Trolley are 34'/36" so a 2.5 year old might be under that. I personally haven't taken my kids to Universal yet cause there's just not that much for them to do there yet. Same thing at Volcano Bay outside of the lazy rivers and kids sections. If you do express pass for yourself and just let the kids play in the playgrounds I'm sure you can still have a nice time, but actual rides for younger kids at those parks are pretty limited.

Online
Have I mentioned how awesome donkeys are?
User avatar
 
Posts: 264
Joined: 17 Aug 2017
Location: Kaiserslautern
Gender: Male
Age: 34

Re: Universal Orlando Resort (USO, IOA) Discussion Thread

Postby Pedrinho » Tue Oct 22, 2019 7:14 am

Hilltopper39 wrote:
Pedrinho wrote:Hey there,

we're recently planning our Orlando trip in October 2020. As we are attending our best friends wedding, we will be very likely be spending some time at Universal. As we will have two kids by then, one two and a half year old and one six months old, we have some questions:
Are the two parks doable with one or two strollers?
Are there also rides for kids?
How does the baby switch work?
How does the Express Pass work? More like Six Flags or more like Cedar fair?
Is the water park suitable for kids or should we postpone that to a future trip?

We're also glad for some tips you have that ease up our planning. We plan to do two days with Express Passes, no matter how the crowds are, just to have the fewest possible time waiting in lines, even if we only skip ten minute lines.

Thanks for helping us. Especially Sarah will be more relaxed if we start planning now. The journey will be very exciting, also because we're planning to travel with a kid that's not even born yet! :)


You may wanna check the heights of your kids before the trip and just be aware that pretty much everything at Universal has a height restriction, even the dark rides like Cat in the Hat, ET and the kiddie coasters like Hippogriff/Woody Woodpecker and Seuss Trolley are 34'/36" so a 2.5 year old might be under that. I personally haven't taken my kids to Universal yet cause there's just not that much for them to do there yet. Same thing at Volcano Bay outside of the lazy rivers and kids sections. If you do express pass for yourself and just let the kids play in the playgrounds I'm sure you can still have a nice time, but actual rides for younger kids at those parks are pretty limited.

Yeah, like Holiday Park here.. We wouldn't go there with the kids if we weren't directly adjacent in a hotel. So to have a fun day as long as the kids are good with it and hitting as many rides as possible with the Express Pass will do it for us!

Thanks for helping us in such a short time. We love TPR for that reason!
Top: Wood: Beast|Mystic Timbers|Wodan|Twister|Phoenix; Dive: Valravn; Wing: Flug der Dämonen|GateKeeper; Launch: Top Thrill Dragster|Karacho; Floorless: Rougarou; Invert: Banshee|Raptor|Monster; Bob: Flying Turns; <200ft: Expedition GeForce|Maverick; >200ft: Magnum XL-200; >300ft: Millennium Force; Mine: Colorado Adventure; Boomerang: Raik; Hybrid: Cyclone
Bucket List: Steel Vengeance|FLY|Formula Rossa|Blue Gemini|Colossos|Kennywood|Hersheypark
Image

PreviousNext

Return to Theme Parks, Roller Coasters, & Donkeys!

Who is online

Users viewing this topic: Bing [Bot] and 13 guests

These pages are in no way affiliated with nor endorsed by SeaWorld Parks & Entertainment, Cedar Fair, Legoland, Merlin Entertainment,
Blackstone, Tussaud's Group, Six Flags, Universal Theme Parks, the Walt Disney Company or any other theme park company.

All onride photos and videos on this website were taken with the permission of the park by a professional ride photographer.
For yours  and others safety, please do not attempt to take photos or videos at parks without proper permission.

Disclaimer!  You need a sense of humor to view our site, 
if you don't have a sense of humor, or are easily offended, please turn back now!
Most of the content on this forum is suitable for all ages. HOWEVER!
There may be some content that would be considered rated "PG-13."
Theme Park Review is NOT recommended for ages under 13 years of age.

cron