Universal Orlando Resort (USO, IOA) Discussion Thread

P. 1472: The Bourne Stuntacular coming Spring 2020!
Users viewing this topic: Bing [Bot] and 13 guests
Discuss theme parks, roller coasters, and mules!
Bonafide Donkey Expert

Re: Universal Orlando Resort (USO, IOA) Discussion Thread

Postby anonymouscactus » Fri Oct 18, 2019 11:09 am

tinaalsgirl wrote:I just hope that guy was filling up on Powerade or something; that much soda in a day with walking around a park in the heat... just asking for dehydration.

Not to be "that guy" but while not as hydrating as pure water, it is certainly not dehydrating or close to it. This is a common myth.

Not saying he should be drinking that much, but... yeah. lol.

FYI: I am not a doctor. But you can Google it. I actually am fun at parties, I promise.

He's kind of sad and pathetic

Postby BarryH » Fri Oct 18, 2019 8:02 pm

I just wonder what he is going to get for compensation. I imagine him walking around the park with a big barrel of soda on his back and a tube running into his mouth, pumping soda into him constantly.

Why do I still have a donkey title???

Postby coasterbill » Mon Oct 21, 2019 9:09 am

So I keep saying that I'll wait for this ride to be less of a sh*tshow before planning a trip but is that day coming? :lol:
Untitled.jpg

Postby Canobie Coaster » Mon Oct 21, 2019 9:29 am

It's one thing if all that downtime is just them closing the ride early (still bad but at least predictable). But it's erratic during the time it's supposed to run.

I can only imagine the disaster this will be around Christmas.
Top 3 Wood- Lightning Rod, Voyage, Coaster (PNE Playland)
Top 3 Steel- Steel Vengeance, Untamed, Expedition GeForce
Most Recent Trip Reports- Hamburg DOM & Heide Park

I'm a know-it-all about donkeys!

Postby better_by_design » Mon Oct 21, 2019 9:55 am

Satans Hockey wrote:Pretty sure Cedar Fair has a 10-15 min wait in between on the paper cup plan, I can't remember exactly cause I don't even get the refills that quickly lol

Legoland Florida has a similar 10 minute time throttle on their Freestyle machines.

And yes, it's a ridiculous lawsuit, but he's not technically wrong. Look a menu description change to remove the word "unlimited" or maybe an asterisk and some tiny type that no one will read. Progress! :airtime:
"I am fascinated, always."
My Overseas Adventures TRsImage

When I grow up, I want to breed donkeys!

Postby Mike240SX » Mon Oct 21, 2019 10:26 am

Satans Hockey wrote:Pretty sure Cedar Fair has a 10-15 min wait in between on the paper cup plan, I can't remember exactly cause I don't even get the refills that quickly lol

Cedar Fair's is 15 minutes, and I guess I'm just the type to read the fine print, but I always knew that was the deal when I bought the drink plan.
-Mike
Total Coasters: 145
Top 10 Steel: Maverick, Skyrush, Intimidator 305, Fury 325, Banshee, Millennium Force, Raptor, Superman: The Ride (SFNE), Top Thrill Dragster, Big Bad Wolf
Top 10 Wood: The Beast, El Toro, Phoenix (Knoebels), Boulder Dash, Thunderbolt (KW), Mystic Timbers, Comet (Hershey), Hercules, Shivering Timbers, Jack Rabbit (KW)
Top 5 Hybrid: Twisted Timbers, Goliath (SFGAm), Wicked Cyclone, Great White, Gemini

Have I mentioned how awesome donkeys are?

Postby Pedrinho » Tue Oct 22, 2019 12:02 am

Hey there,

we're recently planning our Orlando trip in October 2020. As we are attending our best friends wedding, we will be very likely be spending some time at Universal. As we will have two kids by then, one two and a half year old and one six months old, we have some questions:
Are the two parks doable with one or two strollers?
Are there also rides for kids?
How does the baby switch work?
How does the Express Pass work? More like Six Flags or more like Cedar fair?
Is the water park suitable for kids or should we postpone that to a future trip?

We're also glad for some tips you have that ease up our planning. We plan to do two days with Express Passes, no matter how the crowds are, just to have the fewest possible time waiting in lines, even if we only skip ten minute lines.

Thanks for helping us. Especially Sarah will be more relaxed if we start planning now. The journey will be very exciting, also because we're planning to travel with a kid that's not even born yet! :)
Top: Wood: Beast|Mystic Timbers|Wodan|Twister|Phoenix; Dive: Valravn; Wing: Flug der Dämonen|GateKeeper; Launch: Top Thrill Dragster|Karacho; Floorless: Rougarou; Invert: Banshee|Raptor|Monster; Bob: Flying Turns; <200ft: Expedition GeForce|Maverick; >200ft: Magnum XL-200; >300ft: Millennium Force; Mine: Colorado Adventure; Boomerang: Raik; Hybrid: Cyclone
Bucket List: Steel Vengeance|FLY|Formula Rossa|Blue Gemini|Colossos|Kennywood|Hersheypark

Postby Canobie Coaster » Tue Oct 22, 2019 6:49 am

Each park has a good kids area. Islands of Adventure has Seuss Landing and Universal has the Woody Woodpecker/Barney/Fievel's Playland area. The areas have a mix of rides and play structures.

As for Express Pass, you get your own separate queue. No reservation time; you just walk right in. You can either do unlimited or one time each. Universal also has tons of single rider lines, but I don't know how those would work with parent swap. It's worth noting that Hagrid's currently is not on Express Pass.

I've never done Volcano Bay so I can't speak to that park.
Top 3 Wood- Lightning Rod, Voyage, Coaster (PNE Playland)
Top 3 Steel- Steel Vengeance, Untamed, Expedition GeForce
Most Recent Trip Reports- Hamburg DOM & Heide Park

Postby Hilltopper39 » Tue Oct 22, 2019 7:07 am

Pedrinho wrote:Hey there,

we're recently planning our Orlando trip in October 2020. As we are attending our best friends wedding, we will be very likely be spending some time at Universal. As we will have two kids by then, one two and a half year old and one six months old, we have some questions:
Is the water park suitable for kids or should we postpone that to a future trip?

We're also glad for some tips you have that ease up our planning. We plan to do two days with Express Passes, no matter how the crowds are, just to have the fewest possible time waiting in lines, even if we only skip ten minute lines.

Thanks for helping us. Especially Sarah will be more relaxed if we start planning now. The journey will be very exciting, also because we're planning to travel with a kid that's not even born yet! :)

You may wanna check the heights of your kids before the trip and just be aware that pretty much everything at Universal has a height restriction, even the dark rides like Cat in the Hat, ET and the kiddie coasters like Hippogriff/Woody Woodpecker and Seuss Trolley are 34'/36" so a 2.5 year old might be under that. I personally haven't taken my kids to Universal yet cause there's just not that much for them to do there yet. Same thing at Volcano Bay outside of the lazy rivers and kids sections. If you do express pass for yourself and just let the kids play in the playgrounds I'm sure you can still have a nice time, but actual rides for younger kids at those parks are pretty limited.

Have I mentioned how awesome donkeys are?

Postby Pedrinho » Tue Oct 22, 2019 7:14 am

Hilltopper39 wrote:
Pedrinho wrote:Hey there,

You may wanna check the heights of your kids before the trip and just be aware that pretty much everything at Universal has a height restriction, even the dark rides like Cat in the Hat, ET and the kiddie coasters like Hippogriff/Woody Woodpecker and Seuss Trolley are 34'/36" so a 2.5 year old might be under that. I personally haven't taken my kids to Universal yet cause there's just not that much for them to do there yet. Same thing at Volcano Bay outside of the lazy rivers and kids sections. If you do express pass for yourself and just let the kids play in the playgrounds I'm sure you can still have a nice time, but actual rides for younger kids at those parks are pretty limited.

Yeah, like Holiday Park here.. We wouldn't go there with the kids if we weren't directly adjacent in a hotel. So to have a fun day as long as the kids are good with it and hitting as many rides as possible with the Express Pass will do it for us!

Thanks for helping us in such a short time. We love TPR for that reason!
Top: Wood: Beast|Mystic Timbers|Wodan|Twister|Phoenix; Dive: Valravn; Wing: Flug der Dämonen|GateKeeper; Launch: Top Thrill Dragster|Karacho; Floorless: Rougarou; Invert: Banshee|Raptor|Monster; Bob: Flying Turns; <200ft: Expedition GeForce|Maverick; >200ft: Magnum XL-200; >300ft: Millennium Force; Mine: Colorado Adventure; Boomerang: Raik; Hybrid: Cyclone
Bucket List: Steel Vengeance|FLY|Formula Rossa|Blue Gemini|Colossos|Kennywood|Hersheypark

PreviousNext

Return to Theme Parks, Roller Coasters, & Donkeys!