Universal Orlando Resort (USO, IOA) Discussion Thread

P. 1472: The Bourne Stuntacular coming Spring 2020!
Users viewing this topic: No registered users and 7 guests
Discuss theme parks, roller coasters, and mules!
token black guy

Re: Universal Orlando Resort (USO, IOA) Discussion Thread

Postby jarmor » Tue Oct 15, 2019 1:26 pm

While I have never seen this movie I think it's good to keep indoor shows/attractions for all to enjoy. Minus Fast and Furious . . . lol
"B&M will NEVER build a coaster over 300 ft..." until 2012
"Cedar Fair will NEVER build a coaster taller than MF..." until 2015

Why do I still have a donkey title???

Postby ytterbiumanalyst » Tue Oct 15, 2019 8:34 pm

Glad to see the most famous resident of Nixa, Missouri get his due!

Postby DILinator » Wed Oct 16, 2019 2:23 am

Ignore the haters, and if you haven't seen The Bourne Trilogy, you' should definitely check them out! Love those movies! Easily Top 15 movies for me, and I'm actually pretty excited by the notion of a show themed to them! =)

Top 10 Coasters! 1.Steel Vengeance 2.Fury 3.Millennium Force 4.Maverick 5. Twisted Timbers 6. The Voyage 7. Lightning Rod 8.Storm Chaser 9.El Toro 10. Leviathan Honorable Mentions: Phantom's Revenge, Behemoth, Mako, Ravine Flyer II, Shivering Timbers, Kraken Underrated Coasters: Steel - Yukon Striker, Wood - White Lightning

BAYSIDE STATION!!!

Postby Nrthwnd » Wed Oct 16, 2019 5:13 pm

If it succeeds in drawing in the crowds, this will be practically like the Waterworld shows. Although in this case,
the Bourne Trilogy was pretty successful in each film, I recall. :wink: But for those who have never seen even one of the Trilogy, it should be good enough to keep them interested, too
Talk is Cheap :idea: Action is Pricele$$

I think Intamin should make a donkey!

Postby tinaalsgirl » Wed Oct 16, 2019 11:04 pm

Yeah, I'd say the Bourne films are WAY more relevant today than Waterworld ever was.

Postby coasterbill » Fri Oct 18, 2019 9:03 am

If you're not hearing Lee Greenwood in your head as you're reading this story you're doing it wrong...

Bronx man sues NBC Universal over ‘unlimited’ soda refills at theme park

He’s thirsty for justice.

A Bronx man is suing NBC Universal after he paid for an “unlimited refill” soda machine deal at one of the company’s theme parks — only to discover he had to wait a whole 10 minutes between each pour.

Luis Arnaud is bubbling with anger over the “false advertising” — saying he learned while trying to “quench his thirst” that the refills were in fact “limited” to a measly “total of only six per hour,” according to the class-action lawsuit filed in Manhattan federal court Thursday.

Arnaud says he visited Universal’s Island of Adventure in Orlando, Fla., on July 30 and bought a 16-ounce “Coca-Cola Freestyle” cup — which purported to come with “unlimited” refills all day — for $16.99.

The next day, he reactivated the cup at Universal’s sister theme park Volcano Bay for $8.99, the suit says.

The cups come with a computer chip to show you’ve paid for the bottomless deal — but Arnaud learned they were also tracking how often users top up, and are “programmed” to limit refills to every 10 minutes.

When he tried to “quench his thirst and refill his cup again” before that period was up, the machine flashed a message rejecting his request, the suit says.

“Hi. You are not quite ready to fill up,” it proclaimed — along with the number of minutes he had to wait — according to photos of the failed attempt in his suit.

His suit also includes ads for the “freestyle” deal at the park, which promotes “unlimited” refills with “100+ drink choices” — but doesn’t appear to mention the limits.

The move is a “deceptive” and “unconscionable trade and business practice,” the suit charges.

“He would not have been willing to pay the sum he paid had he known that the Products did not provide unlimited ­refills and were mislabeled and falsely advertised,” the suit reads.

“Defendant delivered Products with significantly less value than was affirmed by their representations, thereby depriving him of the benefit of his bargain and injuring him in an amount up to the purchase price.”

Arnaud is seeking unspecified damages.

NBC Universal didn’t return a request for comment Thursday.

Arnaud could not be reached for comment.

New York Post

... god Bless America :lol:
Last edited by coasterbill on Fri Oct 18, 2019 9:08 am.

Postby Canobie Coaster » Fri Oct 18, 2019 9:11 am

I feel so bad for him. He could only get 72 fill ups of 100+ different drinks over the course of a day. He's missing out on 28+ flavors.

On a more serious note, I don't know if I should laugh or be embarrassed for humanity.
Top 3 Wood- Lightning Rod, Voyage, Coaster (PNE Playland)
Top 3 Steel- Steel Vengeance, Untamed, Twisted Colossus
Most Recent Trip Reports- Walibi Holland & Slagharen

I think Intamin should make a donkey!

Postby tinaalsgirl » Fri Oct 18, 2019 9:45 am

Good lord. Funnily enough, Six Flags was pretty lenient about their unlimited refills. You're *supposed* to scan your membership card for a fill up because there is a time limit like Universal's, but a lot of places didn't have any employees checking and the one time there was, they waved off scanning our cards.

I just hope that guy was filling up on Powerade or something; that much soda in a day with walking around a park in the heat... just asking for dehydration.

Donkeys are my way of life!

Postby Satans Hockey » Fri Oct 18, 2019 10:09 am

Pretty sure Cedar Fair has a 10-15 min wait in between on the paper cup plan, I can't remember exactly cause I don't even get the refills that quickly lol

Macaroni and Donkey

Postby Lemur » Fri Oct 18, 2019 11:06 am

Dude was either pouring out drinks to the whole fam from that bottle or has a burgeoning case of aspartame toxicity and/or Type II diabetes.

PreviousNext

Return to Theme Parks, Roller Coasters, & Donkeys!