Universal Orlando Resort (USO, IOA) Discussion Thread

P. 1468 - Halloween Horror Nights 29 Media Event TR!
Users viewing this topic: No registered users and 8 guests
Discuss theme parks, roller coasters, and mules!
Have I mentioned how awesome donkeys are?

Re: Universal Orlando Resort (USO, IOA) Discussion Thread

Postby teacherkim » Tue Sep 10, 2019 6:26 am

Ok, now that I've gotten over crabbing about the ticketing structure and the reports are going out....I'm getting pretty excited about our trip in a few weeks. So, seeking input from those of you that are veteran HHN attendees:

We have tickets for both a Sat and Sun night with express passes for both. I understand the stay and scream option but cannot say I'm thrilled about being stuck in one area when we could go out to city walk and/or back to the hotel for a little break. Also, would rather wait until it's full dark. My experience at Halloween events is that they kind of take on a silly, less than scary vibe in the daylight. Not a criticism to those that like it, just my opinion. We spent the money for two nights just so we wouldn't have to run around frantically to get all the mazes in and could relax and enjoy the atmosphere, have time for the shows, shop a little, do a few rides, etc etc.

Are we ok on getting it all in over two nights if we wait and show up an hour or so into the event or are we just shooting ourselves in the foot? I get that the express passes at this won't be 5 minute walk ups. I was kind of thinking we might do that on the first night and then depending on how much we got in, utilize stay and scream the second night. Any opinions? Or am I just overthinking the whole thing?

token black guy

Postby jarmor » Tue Sep 10, 2019 1:26 pm

Wait and show up. You have express for both nights right? The houses I saw that had the longest waits (over the last 3 nights) were ghostbusters and Stranger Things. I would say you can wait until 8 to come in and still do all the houses with express pass. I had express and did all the houses before 11 each night and that wasn't even marathon-ing them.
"B&M will NEVER build a coaster over 300 ft..." until 2012
"Cedar Fair will NEVER build a coaster taller than MF..." until 2015

Don't make me kick you in the donkey!

Postby disneyfan1313 » Wed Sep 11, 2019 1:31 pm

teacherkim wrote:Ok, now that I've gotten over crabbing about the ticketing structure and the reports are going out....I'm getting pretty excited about our trip in a few weeks. So, seeking input from those of you that are veteran HHN attendees:

We have tickets for both a Sat and Sun night with express passes for both. I understand the stay and scream option but cannot say I'm thrilled about being stuck in one area when we could go out to city walk and/or back to the hotel for a little break. Also, would rather wait until it's full dark. My experience at Halloween events is that they kind of take on a silly, less than scary vibe in the daylight. Not a criticism to those that like it, just my opinion. We spent the money for two nights just so we wouldn't have to run around frantically to get all the mazes in and could relax and enjoy the atmosphere, have time for the shows, shop a little, do a few rides, etc etc.

Are we ok on getting it all in over two nights if we wait and show up an hour or so into the event or are we just shooting ourselves in the foot? I get that the express passes at this won't be 5 minute walk ups. I was kind of thinking we might do that on the first night and then depending on how much we got in, utilize stay and scream the second night. Any opinions? Or am I just overthinking the whole thing?

If you have express passes you will 100% be OK showing up a little later. Also, once it gets past midnight the waits start to drop pretty dramatically so it's a really good time to go through some houses a second time!

Have I mentioned how awesome donkeys are?

Postby teacherkim » Wed Sep 11, 2019 7:46 pm

Thanks guys, that's pretty much what I figured. Figured the cost of express passes both nights would be worth the freedom it brings. My son watched Zombieland for the first time last night and totally loved it!

Previous

Return to Theme Parks, Roller Coasters, & Donkeys!