Switch to full style
Discuss theme parks, roller coasters, and mules!
Post a reply

Re: Universal Orlando Resort (USO, IOA) Discussion Thread

Sun Aug 11, 2019 2:33 pm

My question is will the new park be included in HHN and how will it work?

Mon Aug 12, 2019 7:48 am

The Universal Orlando Resort has revealed five new scare zones along with the return of the Academy of Villains show for this year's Halloween Horror Nights!

https://blog.universalorlando.com/whats-new/scare-zone-and-shows-hhn-2019/

Halloween-Horror-Nights-2019-Scare-Zones-Revealed-1440x900.jpg

One of the best things about Halloween is strolling the streets and seeing all the ghouls and goblins out and about. At Halloween Horror Nights, we take that and give it a twisted spin with scare zones jam packed with terrifying monsters and demented fiends. This year, five scare zones are taking over Universal Studios Florida. Plus, fan-favorite Academy of Villains returns with an all-new powerhouse show. Here are the details.

Zombieland Double Tap
Zombieland-Double-Tap-Halloween-Horror-Nights.jpg

It’s time to brush up on those rules of survival. Based on the hit film and its upcoming sequel, this scare zone puts you in the middle of the United States of Zombieland. The infection has spread and bloodthirsty zombies are everywhere. The most important rule to remember: Always double tap.4

Rob Zombie Hellbilly Deluxe
Hellbilly-Deluxe-Scare-Zones-Halloween-Horror-Nights.jpg

You know his music, now it’s time to live it. Step into the heavy metal horror of Rob Zombie’s music and imagery in this pulse-pounding scare zone. From otherworldly beings to brutal maniacs, you’ll come face-to-face with his twisted creations as the music cranks to a frenzy.

Anarch-cade
Anarch-Cade-Scare-Zone-Halloween-Horror-Nights.jpg

An 80s-inspired arcade has taken over Avenue of the Stars. At first glance, you may think it’s a party. However, you quickly learn that “Game Over” means a permanent end for you. A gang of neon slashers are out to play and this is one game you won’t want to lose.

Vanity Ball
Vanity-Ball-Halloween-Horror-Nights.jpg

Beauty is pain. Literally. In the streets of Hollywood, your flesh becomes the canvas as blade-wielding artists slice up willing participants into horrific living works of art. Here, going under the knife takes on a whole other meaning.

Vikings Undead
Vikings-Undead-Halloween-Horror-Nights.jpg

We’re all familiar with the brutal Viking warriors. It’s terrifying enough thinking about facing them alive. Now picture facing them as the undead. They have risen and laid siege to Central Park with an onslaught of gore. Bloodlust never dies.

Academy of Villains
Academy of Villains returns in an epic experiment of mind and body. Man’s true nature is dragged out into the dark, gothic streets of anarchy. This wickedly talented group of artists is back for an all-new performance featuring a killer mix of visionary dance and extraordinary theatrics.

Ten haunted houses, five scare zones and outrageous shows. All this and more (like pizza fries!) awaits you at this year’s Halloween Horror Nights from Sept. 6 – Nov. 2.

Tue Aug 13, 2019 5:39 pm

Vanity Ball reminds me of the Beverly Hills portion of the movie Escape from LA.

As a kid, I absolutely LOVED the "thrilling chilling world of Rob Zombie" maze Hollywood did for HHN that was based on the Hellbilly Deluxe album. Excited to see that sort of come back to life again!

Tue Aug 13, 2019 5:59 pm

Rob Zombie is one of my heroes.
Attachments
RobZombie.JPG
In my collection of "Action Figures" HA! :P
RobZombie.JPG (222.48 KiB) Viewed 2292 times

Wed Aug 14, 2019 10:35 am

The final house of Halloween Horror Nights 2019 at Universal Orlando has been revealed! Rob Zombie's "House of 1000 Corpses" will scare guests with a new house at this year's event!

Universal Studios Hollywood and Universal Orlando Resort take guests on a relentless tour through multi-platinum recording artist and filmmaker Rob Zombie’s twisted “House of 1000 Corpses,” inspired by Lionsgate’s 2003 cult classic horror film, as part of this year’s “Halloween Horror Nights” event, beginning in September.

The terrifying “House of 1000 Corpses” mazes bring to life the movie’s offbeat roadside tourist attraction, Captain Spaulding’s Museum of Monsters and Madmen, and introduces guests to some of the country’s most infamous serial killers, including Dr. Satan, a demented surgeon who has gone mad.

Without a moment to catch their breath, guests will venture to the chaotic home of the Firefly family, a sadistic clan of psychotic killers, where the psychosis deepens and the depraved thrive. It is a chilling journey into the netherworld of terror that weaves its way through a cavernous network of dark tunnels within the bowels of the house. Populated by the degenerate victims of Dr. Satan’s debauched operations, legions of tortured creatures shuffle about as Dr. Satan continues his twisted medical practice, eagerly awaiting a new installment of victims.

Universal Studios’ “Halloween Horror Nights” is the ultimate Halloween event. For more than 25 years, guests from around the world have visited “Halloween Horror Nights” to become victims inside their own horror film. Multiple movie-quality mazes based on iconic horror movies, television shows and original stories come to life season after season. The terror bleeds to the streets of the parks with highly-themed scare zones, littered with menacing scare-actors lunging from every darkened corner to torment, terrify and scare “Halloween Horror Nights” guests.

“Halloween Horror Nights” begins Friday, September 6 in Orlando and on Friday, September 13 in Hollywood. Additional details about the events will be revealed soon. Tickets for “Halloween Horror Nights” at Universal Studios Hollywood and Universal Orlando Resort are on sale now. Visit http://www.HalloweenHorrorNights.com for more information and to purchase tickets.
Attachments
House of 1000 Corpses maze at HHN 2019 (logo).jpg

Wed Aug 14, 2019 3:46 pm

Creamy wrote:My question is will the new park be included in HHN and how will it work?

I think it will forever stay at the studios for now on.

Thu Aug 15, 2019 4:22 pm

The Universal Orlando Resort has sent us a press release announcing a new nighttime lagoon show exclusive to Halloween Horror Nights called "Halloween Marathon of Mayhem!"

An All-New Show, Halloween Marathon of Mayhem, is Coming to Halloween Horror Nights 2019.jpg

The screams featured at this year’s Halloween Horror Nights will come to life in a whole new way with the debut of the nighttime lagoon show, “Halloween Marathon of Mayhem.” Guests will watch as terrifying moments inspired by some of the Halloween classics taking over the event come to life right before their eyes in the Universal Studios Florida lagoon.

Giant water screens highlighting iconic horror scenes, accented with more than 100 fountains, awesome special effects, pounding electro music, lasers and more will bring this all-new experience to life – creating a larger-than-life mix tape that guests won’t want to miss. Guests will witness a twisted new take on Netflix’s Stranger Things, Sony Pictures’ Ghostbusters, Universal Monsters and Metro Goldwyn Mayer’s Killer Klowns from Outer Space as they invade the Universal Studios lagoon for “Halloween Marathon of Mayhem,” running on event nights at the world’s premier Halloween event.

Halloween Horror Nights 2019 kicks off September 6 and runs select nights through November 2, bringing the most terrifying names in horror to life in 10 all-new elaborately themed haunted houses, five scare zones, live entertainment and more. And when they need a break from the screams, guests can enjoy Universal Studios’ most exhilarating attractions and the “Halloween Horror Nights Mobile Game featuring TERROR TRIVIA,” where they can test their Halloween Horror Nights knowledge, compete to get their name on the event leaderboards of 11 horror-packed levels and more.

For more information about Halloween Horror Nights, visit http://www.halloweenhorrornights.com/orlando.

Tue Aug 20, 2019 2:09 pm

So we finally are making a trip down for HHN this year. Being a teacher and my son being in high school we cannot do middle of the week, but I was prepared for the expense of a weekend trip. Going the first weekend of Oct. In the end decided to do two nights with express passes versus one night of VIP. About the same money and that way get to enjoy it two nights, a Sat and Sun.

I'm sure it will be worth it in the end but Holy Hell, Universal has got to simplify the ticketing for HHN. I mean I'm not exactly a novice at buying theme park tickets and special events at theme parks. But I swear I've done less research planning a trip to Europe for my whole family. There are just way too many ticketing options, and passes that aren't good on Sat nights and yada, yada, yada.........I utterly failed at all attempts to explain the choices to friends who are coming with us and not so used to doing this sort of thing and finally just bought theirs and had her pay me back. We love Halloween events and I've wanted to do HHN for a long time, hope it's worth it in the end!

Meanwhile on another note, what are the wait times like for Hagrid's now? Obviously want to get that one in while we are there.

Tue Aug 20, 2019 3:01 pm

^Try to buy tickets and express passes for Universal Osaka and then you won't complain as much about the Florida park! We're looking at $400+ per person for one day for admission and express passes that still won't even cover ALL of the rides and attractions!

I totally agree with you that ticketing shouldn't be so complex, but at the same time I guess it's good to have a million options if it saves you money (not that it saves you money on the weekend, but other people on the weekdays!)

On the app right now the line for Hagrid's is 150min. I know it's been easier lately though for people to get on it so just go early!

Wed Aug 21, 2019 5:57 pm

Good ol' Comcast making insane pricing options the norm.
Post a reply
MY LATEST VIDEOS