Universal Orlando Resort (USO, IOA) Discussion Thread

P. 1468 - Halloween Horror Nights 29 Media Event TR!
Users viewing this topic: No registered users and 6 guests
Discuss theme parks, roller coasters, and mules!
Did my donkey title just change???

Re: Universal Orlando Resort (USO, IOA) Discussion Thread

Postby TurnOfTheCentury » Fri Aug 02, 2019 5:07 am

The rumor is that the lands will be Nintendo, Classic Monsters, Fantastic Beasts and How to Train Your Dragon (who knows why), with at least two more expansion pads. I think the idea of having a huge hub which each land being its own contained area that dead ends (you don't connect between the lands) is somewhat interesting and *maybe* makes things more immersive. I also read somewhere that the coaster will not be "dueling."

Counts I305 as 32 credits...

Postby A.J. » Fri Aug 02, 2019 5:53 am

TurnOfTheCentury wrote:...and How to Train Your Dragon (who knows why)...

Universal owns DreamWorks now, and How To Train Your Dragon is still a pretty popular intellectual property, with three successful films and two television series (one current, one future).
Data entry nut for the official TPR coaster poll! https://coasterpoll.com/
Check out my theme park 3D visualization portfolio!
The opinions that I post on this forum do not necessarily represent those of the company I work for.

Why do I still have a donkey title???

Postby coasterbill » Fri Aug 02, 2019 6:09 am

If there's a How to Train Your Dragon area then Brit will literally buy the entire gift shop.

Postby Canobie Coaster » Fri Aug 02, 2019 6:20 am

The whole How to Train Your Dragon area worked quite well at Motiongate. There's enough with that IP to work.
Top 5 Wood- Lightning Rod, Voyage, Coaster (PNE Playland), Phoenix, Boulder Dash
Top 5 Steel- Steel Vengeance, Untamed, Expedition GeForce, Twisted Colossus, Schwur des Karnan
Most Recent Trip Reports- Knoebels & Dutch Wonderland

Don't let this donkey melt you with its laser eyes!

Postby CoasterLover » Fri Aug 02, 2019 6:25 am

A bit surprised there is no (obvious) Jurassic Worlds section. I wonder if that is evidence that IOA's Jurassic Park section will indeed be transformed into Jurassic World not unlike what they did in Hollywood (there was once talk that IOA would retain Jurassic Park and the new park would have Jurassic World).

Nonetheless, I eagerly await the painfully slow release of new information on this project over the next few years! They should have plenty of remaining material for exciting media releases as this project progresses!

token black guy

Postby jarmor » Fri Aug 02, 2019 7:02 am

I think the fact that they are building an major coaster in the current jurassic park section of IOA is evident enough that some changes are coming to that area. The good thing is they have more space to do it justice at IOA than they had to work with at USH.
"B&M will NEVER build a coaster over 300 ft..." until 2012
"Cedar Fair will NEVER build a coaster taller than MF..." until 2015

Jason X versus the Robot Space Donkey!

Postby DBJ » Fri Aug 02, 2019 7:47 am

TurnOfTheCentury wrote:The rumor is that the lands will be Nintendo, Classic Monsters, Fantastic Beasts and How to Train Your Dragon (who knows why), with at least two more expansion pads. I think the idea of having a huge hub which each land being its own contained area that dead ends (you don't connect between the lands) is somewhat interesting and *maybe* makes things more immersive. I also read somewhere that the coaster will not be "dueling."

This is what I find the most interesting idea. With the massive hub concept, each section has it's own land with own admission gate. It opens up the possibility to a tiered ticketing system. For example, the odds of me wanting to visit a traditional kids section like a Sesame Street / Super Silly Fun land are zero. So my ticket/pass would cover basic admission, plus access to Monsters, Beasts and Nintendo. Or for example, a guest shows up and the one ride in a land is say broken or in refurbishment - why pay to access a land with nothing worthwhile in it? Gives the guests flexibility in price of a theme park trip. It would be kind of like a variation on the A - E-ticket system of past days, but instead of per ride, it is per land.

Postby coasterbill » Fri Aug 02, 2019 7:56 am

DBJ wrote:This is what I find the most interesting idea. With the massive hub concept, each section has it's own land with own admission gate. It opens up the possibility to a tiered ticketing system. For example, the odds of me wanting to visit a traditional kids section like a Sesame Street / Super Silly Fun land are zero. So my ticket/pass would cover basic admission, plus access to Monsters, Beasts and Nintendo. Or for example, a guest shows up and the one ride in a land is say broken or in refurbishment - why pay to access a land with nothing worthwhile in it? Gives the guests flexibility in price of a theme park trip. It would be kind of like a variation on the A - E-ticket system of past days, but instead of per ride, it is per land.

Site Admin

Postby robbalvey » Fri Aug 02, 2019 9:10 am

TurnOfTheCentury wrote:The rumor is that the lands will be Nintendo, Classic Monsters, Fantastic Beasts and How to Train Your Dragon (who knows why), with at least two more expansion pads. I think the idea of having a huge hub which each land being its own contained area that dead ends (you don't connect between the lands) is somewhat interesting and *maybe* makes things more immersive. I also read somewhere that the coaster will not be "dueling."

Is Fantastic Beasts really that popular? I feel like most people I know who are Potter fans are quite “meh” on those films. I don’t see that franchise being “theme park land worthy” in any way.

Full Fledged Donkey Enthusiast!

Postby Chiselphane » Fri Aug 02, 2019 9:12 am

DBJ wrote:

This is what I find the most interesting idea. With the massive hub concept, each section has it's own land with own admission gate. It opens up the possibility to a tiered ticketing system. For example, the odds of me wanting to visit a traditional kids section like a Sesame Street / Super Silly Fun land are zero. So my ticket/pass would cover basic admission, plus access to Monsters, Beasts and Nintendo. Or for example, a guest shows up and the one ride in a land is say broken or in refurbishment - why pay to access a land with nothing worthwhile in it? Gives the guests flexibility in price of a theme park trip. It would be kind of like a variation on the A - E-ticket system of past days, but instead of per ride, it is per land.

God no please don't even say that out loud in case the devil is listening and makes it happen

PreviousNext

Return to Theme Parks, Roller Coasters, & Donkeys!