Universal Orlando Resort (USO, IOA) Discussion Thread

P. 1444 - Hagrid's Motorbike Review!
Users viewing this topic: grsupercity and 19 guests
Discuss theme parks, roller coasters, and mules!
Why do I still have a donkey title???

Re: Universal Orlando Resort (USO, IOA) Discussion Thread

Postby coasterbill » Mon May 20, 2019 3:20 pm

Verbolten at Busch Gardens Williamsbrug features a drop, but this is achieved through a high speed elevator system — not a true free-fall. So, our statement is still correct."

Postby Canobie Coaster » Mon May 20, 2019 3:48 pm

Assuming the drop track on this coaster is identical to the one on Thirteen, I felt no difference between the Zierer and Intamin versions of the element.
Top 5 Wood- Lightning Rod, Voyage, Phoenix, Boulder Dash, Wildfire
Top 5 Steel- Steel Vengeance, Fury 325, Expedition GeForce, Twisted Colossus, Iron Rattler
Most Recent Trip Reports- Six Flags Darien Lake & Kings Island

Can you see the donkey in my toast?

Postby Garet » Mon May 20, 2019 4:36 pm

So for all the discussion a while back about how to divide up guests who want motorbike style riding vs sitting in a side-car, it looks like in this picture that both are just regular seats as opposed to one side being Tron lightcycle style seating is that correct?

the ghost seems to think there is a "Donkey Fairy"

Postby Mike240SX » Mon May 20, 2019 4:42 pm

Sure looks that way to me.
-Mike
Total Coasters: 133
Top 10 Steel: Maverick, Skyrush, Intimidator 305, Banshee, Millennium Force, Raptor, Superman: The Ride (SFNE), Top Thrill Dragster, Big Bad Wolf, Volcano
Top 10 Wood: The Beast, El Toro, Phoenix (Knoebels), Boulder Dash, Thunderbolt (KW), Mystic Timbers, Comet (Hershey), Hercules, Shivering Timbers, Jack Rabbit (KW)
Top 5 Hybrid: Twisted Timbers, Goliath (SFGAm), Wicked Cyclone, Great White, Gemini

Site Admin

Postby robbalvey » Mon May 20, 2019 5:28 pm

Yeah. I got to see the test seat but we weren't able to take a photo of it. It basically just looks more like a normal coaster train with "motorcycle theming" around it.

Site Admin

Postby robbalvey » Mon May 20, 2019 5:29 pm

Canobie Coaster wrote:Assuming the drop track on this coaster is identical to the one on Thirteen, I felt no difference between the Zierer and Intamin versions of the element.

Agreed. And I've done Verbolten, Thirteen, Darkmare, and Polar X-Plorer and they all felt exactly the same to me.

Postby Canobie Coaster » Mon May 20, 2019 5:50 pm

I'm still surprised they'd spoil the drop track, but it sounds good in promotional material so I guess that's why they did that.
Top 5 Wood- Lightning Rod, Voyage, Phoenix, Boulder Dash, Wildfire
Top 5 Steel- Steel Vengeance, Fury 325, Expedition GeForce, Twisted Colossus, Iron Rattler
Most Recent Trip Reports- Six Flags Darien Lake & Kings Island

Can you see the donkey in my toast?

Postby Garet » Mon May 20, 2019 8:13 pm

Did they even need this 'North America first' to begin with? I think a new Harry Potter ride sells itself without the marketings teams need to justify why they can ignore Verbolten.

Site Admin

Postby robbalvey » Mon May 20, 2019 9:29 pm

Garet wrote:Did they even need this 'North America first' to begin with? I think a new Harry Potter ride sells itself without the marketings teams need to justify why they can ignore Verbolten.

Yeah, I have to be honest, I'm not exactly sure why they felt the need to go with some of those "Six Flags" type of marketing "world's first...North America's first..." etc... To me if they just said "New Harry Potter ride" is pretty much all they needed to get people to show up at the gate...

Delicious & Refreshing

Postby jedimaster1227 » Tue May 21, 2019 9:10 am

The Universal Orlando Resort has announced the next original content haunted house that will be offering up scares at this year's Halloween Horror Nights!

Depths of Fear.jpg

https://blog.universalorlando.com/whats-new/depths-of-fear-at-hhn-2019/

If you have a fear of water and what lies beneath, your skin will crawl with this new haunted house at Halloween Horror Nights. Depths of Fear mixes all the elements of the unknown with underwater elements, monstrous creatures and a countdown to a disastrous fate.

Story

The workers of a deep-sea mining company have found themselves in a dire situation. They’ve delved too deep and encountered a parasitic race of creatures that turn out to be deadly. Panic ensues as you find yourself encountering infected miners and acidic creatures. The pressure builds as the self-destruct sequence counts down to the inevitable implosion of the facility.

“Mouthbrooders”

As you venture further into the depths, you’ll encounter the creatures known only as the “Mouthbrooders.” Picture being trapped in a claustrophobic mining installation underwater with a countless number of these slithering monsters. Your worst nightmares will come to life as these fiends spew flesh-eating acidic eggs at human hosts, and you witness miners being driven mad by the infection.

Event Details

Halloween Horror Nights returns to Universal Studios Florida on select nights from Sept. 6 – Nov. 2. This year, you’ll experience 10 haunted houses, 5 scare zones, live entertainment and more. Choose a night and get your tickets now!

LAST CHANCE: Don’t miss out on the limited time ticket offer and exclusive vacation package for Universal Orlando’s Halloween Horror Nights at Universal Studios Florida. Offer ends 6/5/19.
Change the scheme, Alter the mood! Electrify the boys and girls if you would be so kind!

PreviousNext

Return to Theme Parks, Roller Coasters, & Donkeys!