Universal Orlando Resort (USO, IOA) Discussion Thread

P. 1441 - Hagrid's Motorbike Preview! Including onride clips
Users viewing this topic: KI Kidd and 19 guests
Discuss theme parks, roller coasters, and mules!
Online
Don't let this donkey melt you with its laser eyes!
User avatar
 
Posts: 376
Joined: 04 Apr 2013
Location: New England
Gender: Male
Age: 30

Re: Universal Orlando Resort (USO, IOA) Discussion Thread

Postby necoastergp » Wed Feb 27, 2019 10:19 pm

JG-77 wrote:
Nrthwnd wrote:^ Um....weren't/aren't they all steel coasters?
Otherwise, I do not understand the reference. :?r

Only 3 B&M's have since been replaced within their original park. Iron Wolf was replaced with Goliath, Chang is being replaced by Kentucky Flyer (sorta), and Dueling Dragons is being replaced by the unnamed Harry Potter Intamin LSM coaster.

None of the other relocated or defunct B&M's have been replaced by another coaster.

Since Goliath and Kentucky Flyer are wood coasters, This makes Dueling Dragons the first B&M to be replaced by a steel coaster.
Unnamed? Hagrids Magical Creature Motorbike Adventure.


Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Coasters: 106 (Steel:90 Wood:16) Parks:19

Online
I know more about donkeys than women!
User avatar
 
Posts: 352
Joined: 03 Apr 2007
Location: Palm Springs, CA
Gender: Male
Age: 32

Re: Universal Orlando Resort (USO, IOA) Discussion Thread

Postby southpuddle » Thu Feb 28, 2019 4:58 am

Cut him some slack, it’s an entire sentence for Pete’s sake. Somehow Universal made it super unique yet incredibly forgettable at the same time.

Online
Why do I still have a donkey title???
User avatar
 
Posts: 6917
Joined: 02 Aug 2012
Location: These Ozarks Hills
Gender: Male
Age: 34

Re: Universal Orlando Resort (USO, IOA) Discussion Thread

Postby ytterbiumanalyst » Thu Feb 28, 2019 5:28 am

To be fair, it does sound like something out of a Harry Potter book. "Boys and girls, today we're going to meet one of the fiercest, most beautiful creatures in the world, the Intamin. Ready your wands and prepare to use the Reparo spell."
Image

Can you see the donkey in my toast?
User avatar
 
Posts: 1804
Joined: 27 Mar 2007
Location: Korea
Gender: Male
Age: 30

Re: Universal Orlando Resort (USO, IOA) Discussion Thread

Postby Garet » Thu Feb 28, 2019 5:44 am

I have a suspicion that most guests who are visiting the parks for all the rides will just refer to it as ‘the motorcycle coaster’ or something along those lines and even most potter fans will probably say something along the lines of ‘The Hagrid ride’ or something similar.

I see hardcore theme park enthusiasts insisting on using its full name more than even Harry Potter fans actually.

I think Intamin should make a donkey!
 
Posts: 163
Joined: 11 Oct 2013
Gender: None specified

Re: Universal Orlando Resort (USO, IOA) Discussion Thread

Postby gp1086 » Sat Mar 02, 2019 10:07 pm

A few Halloween Horror Nights questions:

(1) You cannot just buy admission to HHN right? It's a ticket to Universal Studios Florida (not IOA or Volano Bay) and then a separate fee?
(2) Assume Friday and Saturday are busiest days, how do Sundays tend to be? Is it recommended to get an Express Pass on a Sunday assuming I want to see ~5 attractions?
(3) Related to crowds, how well do they do with controlling the crowds in the scare experiences? I went to a similar Halloween attraction a few years back and it wasn't all that effective / enticing given they had so many people walking through at once. I obviously get the tradeoff that if fewer people go through the attractions at once, lines are longer.

Can you see the donkey in my toast?
User avatar
 
Posts: 1804
Joined: 27 Mar 2007
Location: Korea
Gender: Male
Age: 30

Re: Universal Orlando Resort (USO, IOA) Discussion Thread

Postby Garet » Sun Mar 03, 2019 5:47 am

I just saw Fantastic Beasts 2: crimes of Jonny Depp and it was ok... which is probably how I feel about most Harry Potter films but this one was more meh than most but I kind of realized, it's interesting this brand new ride isn't themed to this part of the franchise at all. Harry Potter isn't going anywhere, anytime soon but I find it interesting that even though this is movie 2 of 5 even this new ride is focused on a finished part of the franchise.

I mean when was the last time a park ignored a currently ongoing series for an old one. The original Star Wars is huge but Galaxy's Edge is focused on the sequel trilogy, it makes me wonder how much faith there is in the Fantastic Beasts series.

If the donkey is rockin, don't come knockin!
User avatar
 
Posts: 978
Joined: 15 Oct 2011
Location: Buffalo, NY
Gender: Male

Re: Universal Orlando Resort (USO, IOA) Discussion Thread

Postby anonymouscactus » Sun Mar 03, 2019 6:25 am

gp1086 wrote:A few Halloween Horror Nights questions:

(1) You cannot just buy admission to HHN right? It's a ticket to Universal Studios Florida (not IOA or Volano Bay) and then a separate fee?
(2) Assume Friday and Saturday are busiest days, how do Sundays tend to be? Is it recommended to get an Express Pass on a Sunday assuming I want to see ~5 attractions?
(3) Related to crowds, how well do they do with controlling the crowds in the scare experiences? I went to a similar Halloween attraction a few years back and it wasn't all that effective / enticing given they had so many people walking through at once. I obviously get the tradeoff that if fewer people go through the attractions at once, lines are longer.


1) You can just get a ticket to HHN without a daytime ticket. The advantage to having a daytime ticket is you can stay in a "holding area" during the transition inside the park and get first dibs on some of the houses.

2) Honestly now a days any day is a busy day, but I'll let someone else speak to that. They have certain tickets that are good certain days and certain lengths of time for the locals and they flood the park any chance they have with their "season pass" of sorts. One ticket is good for unlimited visits the first few weeks, the other is good for unlimited visits certain days off the week. I haven't looked at this years options so this may have changed.

3) Unfortunately it's one big conga line, which really limits the scares. They don't let in small groups due to the sheer crowds and moving as many people as they can through at one time as possible.

Online
Counts I305 as 32 credits...
User avatar
 
Posts: 6229
Joined: 22 Apr 2006
Location: Orlando, FL
Gender: Male
Age: 27

Re: Universal Orlando Resort (USO, IOA) Discussion Thread

Postby A.J. » Sun Mar 03, 2019 6:34 am

Garet wrote:I have a suspicion that most guests who are visiting the parks for all the rides will just refer to it as ‘the motorcycle coaster’ or something along those lines and even most potter fans will probably say something along the lines of ‘The Hagrid ride’ or something similar.

I can corroborate this, most of the people I have overheard talking about those attractions casually have always referred to them as "Harry Potter World / Land" and "The Harry Potter Ride" and "The Gringotts Ride". Diagon Alley is the only attraction I consistently hear people refer to by name, for obvious reasons.
Image
Data entry nut for the official TPR coaster poll! https://coasterpoll.com/
Check out my theme park 3D visualization portfolio!
The opinions that I post on this forum do not necessarily represent those of the company I work for.

I think Intamin should make a donkey!
 
Posts: 163
Joined: 11 Oct 2013
Gender: None specified

Re: Universal Orlando Resort (USO, IOA) Discussion Thread

Postby gp1086 » Sun Mar 03, 2019 8:41 am

anonymouscactus wrote:
gp1086 wrote:A few Halloween Horror Nights questions:

(1) You cannot just buy admission to HHN right? It's a ticket to Universal Studios Florida (not IOA or Volano Bay) and then a separate fee?
(2) Assume Friday and Saturday are busiest days, how do Sundays tend to be? Is it recommended to get an Express Pass on a Sunday assuming I want to see ~5 attractions?
(3) Related to crowds, how well do they do with controlling the crowds in the scare experiences? I went to a similar Halloween attraction a few years back and it wasn't all that effective / enticing given they had so many people walking through at once. I obviously get the tradeoff that if fewer people go through the attractions at once, lines are longer.


1) You can just get a ticket to HHN without a daytime ticket. The advantage to having a daytime ticket is you can stay in a "holding area" during the transition inside the park and get first dibs on some of the houses.

2) Honestly now a days any day is a busy day, but I'll let someone else speak to that. They have certain tickets that are good certain days and certain lengths of time for the locals and they flood the park any chance they have with their "season pass" of sorts. One ticket is good for unlimited visits the first few weeks, the other is good for unlimited visits certain days off the week. I haven't looked at this years options so this may have changed.

3) Unfortunately it's one big conga line, which really limits the scares. They don't let in small groups due to the sheer crowds and moving as many people as they can through at one time as possible.

Thanks! Very helpful.

I think Intamin should make a donkey!
 
Posts: 163
Joined: 11 Oct 2013
Gender: None specified

Re: Universal Orlando Resort (USO, IOA) Discussion Thread

Postby gp1086 » Sun Mar 03, 2019 8:43 am

anonymouscactus wrote:
gp1086 wrote:A few Halloween Horror Nights questions:

(1) You cannot just buy admission to HHN right? It's a ticket to Universal Studios Florida (not IOA or Volano Bay) and then a separate fee?
(2) Assume Friday and Saturday are busiest days, how do Sundays tend to be? Is it recommended to get an Express Pass on a Sunday assuming I want to see ~5 attractions?
(3) Related to crowds, how well do they do with controlling the crowds in the scare experiences? I went to a similar Halloween attraction a few years back and it wasn't all that effective / enticing given they had so many people walking through at once. I obviously get the tradeoff that if fewer people go through the attractions at once, lines are longer.


1) You can just get a ticket to HHN without a daytime ticket. The advantage to having a daytime ticket is you can stay in a "holding area" during the transition inside the park and get first dibs on some of the houses.

2) Honestly now a days any day is a busy day, but I'll let someone else speak to that. They have certain tickets that are good certain days and certain lengths of time for the locals and they flood the park any chance they have with their "season pass" of sorts. One ticket is good for unlimited visits the first few weeks, the other is good for unlimited visits certain days off the week. I haven't looked at this years options so this may have changed.

3) Unfortunately it's one big conga line, which really limits the scares. They don't let in small groups due to the sheer crowds and moving as many people as they can through at one time as possible.

Thank you! Very helpful.

PreviousNext

Return to Theme Parks, Roller Coasters, & Donkeys!

Who is online

Users viewing this topic: KI Kidd and 19 guests

These pages are in no way affiliated with nor endorsed by SeaWorld Parks & Entertainment, Cedar Fair, Legoland, Merlin Entertainment,
Blackstone, Tussaud's Group, Six Flags, Universal Theme Parks, the Walt Disney Company or any other theme park company.

All onride photos and videos on this website were taken with the permission of the park by a professional ride photographer.
For yours  and others safety, please do not attempt to take photos or videos at parks without proper permission.

Disclaimer!  You need a sense of humor to view our site, 
if you don't have a sense of humor, or are easily offended, please turn back now!
Most of the content on this forum is suitable for all ages. HOWEVER!
There may be some content that would be considered rated "PG-13."
Theme Park Review is NOT recommended for ages under 13 years of age.

cron