Universal Orlando Resort (USO, IOA) Discussion Thread

P. 1441 - Hagrid's Motorbike Preview! Including onride clips
Users viewing this topic: KI Kidd, Thee Pope and 19 guests
Discuss theme parks, roller coasters, and mules!
Can I park my donkey here?

Re: Universal Orlando Resort (USO, IOA) Discussion Thread

Postby AUWent » Mon Feb 25, 2019 4:39 pm

DirkFunk wrote:
robbalvey wrote:
TrippinBillie wrote:Will the addition of the Intamin Blitz over at Jurassic Park help ease the pain of the dragons? That sounds like it's gonna be one hell of a coaster :airtime:

Yes and no. You have to understand that "Dueling Dragons being removed" isn't just about a park knocking down a ride. It goes much deeper than that and is a discussion a lot longer than I have the time for at the moment...

What, are you saying that it isn't worth being stripsearched to ride a slightly better themed version of Cheetah Hunt?

Agree about the strip-searching. But I'm pretty sure the JP one is supposed to be more like Maverick.

Site Admin

Postby robbalvey » Mon Feb 25, 2019 9:04 pm

805Andrew wrote:This is the only time I can think of where people aren't happy with a B&M being replaced by an Intamin. I'm curious to see how this turns out though. Hopefully its really well themed and the ride is a decent length.

This isn't really B&M or Intamin's fault though. The park designed the ride and hired the ride manufacture and is delivering exactly what the park wanted. I think if the park had ordered an "Expedition GeForce Clone" I might think slightly differently about all of this! :lmao: :lol:

Donkeys are my way of life!

Postby JG-77 » Mon Feb 25, 2019 9:42 pm

805Andrew wrote:This is the only time I can think of where people aren't happy with a B&M being replaced by an Intamin. I'm curious to see how this turns out though. Hopefully its really well themed and the ride is a decent length.

This might have something to do with the fact that this is the only time a B&M has been replaced by an Intamin.

EDIT: Just checked RCDB. This is actually one of only 2-3 times a coaster has replaced a B&M period, the other two being Iron Wolf and maybe Chang (not sure where in KK Chang was, so IDK if a coaster has "replaced" it).
1. El Toro :airtime: 2. El Toro :airtimer: 3. El Toro :airtime: 4. El Toro :airtimer: --- I'm not good at ranking...

Why do I still have a donkey title???

Postby ytterbiumanalyst » Mon Feb 25, 2019 10:05 pm

JG-77 wrote:Chang (not sure where in KK Chang was, so IDK if a coaster has "replaced" it).

A lot of that area is waterpark now, but for purposes of a replacement coaster, the new Kentucky Flyer is kind of in the same spot.

Postby JG-77 » Mon Feb 25, 2019 10:32 pm

^Ahh, thanks. Looks like Dueling Dragons is the first ever B&M to be replaced by a steel coaster.
1. El Toro :airtime: 2. El Toro :airtimer: 3. El Toro :airtime: 4. El Toro :airtimer: --- I'm not good at ranking...

BAYSIDE STATION!!!

Postby Nrthwnd » Mon Feb 25, 2019 10:34 pm

^ Um....weren't/aren't they all steel coasters?
Otherwise, I do not understand the reference. :?r

By the way, the landscaping for this thing should make it totally
"impossible to see anything for the trees/forest". :wink: I hope.

Like The Beast. But "planned forestation." Which makes visiting in say.... Late 2024,
(for our plans) is more to see all that growth, since this year's Opening.
Talk is Cheap :idea: Action is Pricele$$

Postby JG-77 » Mon Feb 25, 2019 11:13 pm

Nrthwnd wrote:^ Um....weren't/aren't they all steel coasters?
Otherwise, I do not understand the reference. :?r

Only 3 B&M's have since been replaced within their original park. Iron Wolf was replaced with Goliath, Chang is being replaced by Kentucky Flyer (sorta), and Dueling Dragons is being replaced by the unnamed Harry Potter Intamin LSM coaster.

None of the other relocated or defunct B&M's have been replaced by another coaster.

Since Goliath and Kentucky Flyer are wood coasters, This makes Dueling Dragons the first B&M to be replaced by a steel coaster.

BAYSIDE STATION!!!

Postby Nrthwnd » Mon Feb 25, 2019 11:17 pm

^ Okay, now I understand. Thanks for the explanation. :)
Talk is Cheap :idea: Action is Pricele$$

Delicious & Refreshing

Postby jedimaster1227 » Tue Feb 26, 2019 7:37 pm

The Universal Orlando Resort has sent us a press release announcing that The TODAY Cafe will open at Universal Studios Florida later this year! The new dining option replaces the former Beverly Hills Boulangerie at the entrance of the park.

today_cafe_new_main_214b75f2652f01cbf24b5a855c8fd6bb.fit-760w.jpg

The TODAY Cafe will soon make its way to Universal Orlando Resort’s neck of the woods. The cafe will bring together a highly-themed environment designed to feel like stepping onto the iconic TODAY show set along with specialty food and beverage options.

NBC’s TODAY informs, entertains, inspires and sets the agenda each morning for Americans. Now, guests of Universal Orlando will have the chance to start their day with America’s number-one morning show and be part of the Studio 1A experience every time they visit. Guests can step into the stage-lit set inspired by the show and catch up on top headlines from TODAY’s live broadcast, all while refueling for more theme park thrills.

The Universal Creative team behind world-class attractions and Universal’s award-winning culinary team are partnering closely with TODAY. The anchors of the show, Savannah Guthrie, Hoda Kotb, Al Roker, Carson Daly, Craig Melvin, Kathie Lee Gifford, Sheinelle Jones, Dylan Dreyer, Willie Geist and others, helped to inspire the one-of-a-kind experience that can only be found at Universal Studios Florida.

One of the standout features of the TODAY Cafe menu will be seasonal dishes inspired by co-anchor Al Roker’s favorite recipes. Every day menu options will include fresh, in-house baked pastries, salads, sandwiches and specialty, locally-roasted coffees including a unique blend made exclusively for the TODAY Cafe. Guests can grab items on-the-go, or enjoy their meal any time of the day at seating both inside and outside in an area designed to look like the TODAY Plaza.

The TODAY Cafe will offer specialty breakfast options like avocado toast and an organic acai bowl to New York-inspired sandwiches and salads. Top highlights include a new twist on a classic Italian sandwich piled high with porchetta, spicy capicola, provolone, roasted tomato, arugula, basil aioli on a crunchy baguette, and an Asian-inspired chicken salad that will combine baby arugula, cabbage, radicchio, shitake mushrooms, daikon sprouts, wasabi cashews and soy peanut vinaigrette. Additionally, in tribute to a long running tradition in Kathie Lee and Hoda's hour of TODAY, guests can enjoy wine and beer on tap with a delicious cheese platter for two.

The TODAY Cafe will be located at Universal Studios Florida, just inside the iconic arches and across the street from the Universal Studios Store – a prime location to grab breakfast, lunch or a snack before or after enjoying world-class attractions and entertainment throughout the day.

Universal Orlando’s culinary team continues to take dining experiences to the next level by creating highly-themed environments to tell unique stories through food. From award-winning restaurants to magnificently-themed eateries, there is something for every member of the family at one of the destination’s three theme parks, Universal CityWalk and resort hotels. For more information, visit http://www.UniversalOrlando.com.
Asian-Inspired Chicken Salad - TODAY Cafe.jpg
Avocado Toast - TODAY Cafe.jpg
Cheese Platter - TODAY Cafe.jpg
Exclusive TODAY Cafe Coffee Blend - TODAY Cafe.jpg
Italian Sandwich - TODAY Cafe.jpg
Organic Acai Bowl - TODAY Cafe.jpg
Pastries - TODAY Cafe.jpg
Vegan Sandwich - TODAY Cafe.jpg
Change the scheme, Alter the mood! Electrify the boys and girls if you would be so kind!

token black guy

Postby jarmor » Tue Feb 26, 2019 8:20 pm

While I will miss the former Beverly Hills Boulangerie (as it is basically the driving force behind me starting a cheesecake business) the new offerings at this place seems to be top notch and I welcome it! Can't wait to try it.
"B&M will NEVER build a coaster over 300 ft..." until 2012
"Cedar Fair will NEVER build a coaster taller than MF..." until 2015

PreviousNext

Return to Theme Parks, Roller Coasters, & Donkeys!