Universal Orlando Resort (USO, IOA) Discussion Thread

P. 1423: Holidays at Universal Orlando media preview report!
Users viewing this topic: No registered users and 5 guests
Discuss theme parks, roller coasters, and mules!
I Love Donkeys!

Re: Universal Orlando Resort (USO, IOA) Discussion Thread

Postby AUWent » Tue Aug 21, 2018 7:56 am

Yeah, not a great looking lineup of IPs (excited about TrT though), but I'm very happy to see them doing five originals, all of which look really, REALLY good. In my opinion, the original houses are generally the best. Oh, and the final house was just announced:

Here's the announcement vids for the other four originals, BTW:

Site Admin

Postby robbalvey » Tue Aug 21, 2018 9:14 am

Universal Orlando Resort has added two event dates to Halloween Horror Nights 2018 due to popular demand – giving guests more chances to brave the most intense event in history, featuring more haunted houses than ever before. The added dates – Wednesday, September 19 and Wednesday, September 26 – make this year’s event the longest in history with a total of 36 nights.

Universal also revealed details about the final haunted house that will be featured at Halloween Horror Nights 2018 - ScaryTales: Deadly Ever After.

The twisted minds of Universal Orlando’s Entertainment team are bringing back a fan-favorite with a whole new twist in ScaryTales: Deadly Ever After. Guests will encounter The Wicked Witch of the West, who has seized control of the fairytale realm and is tormenting treasured storybook characters in hideous and cruel alternate storylines. As guests venture through this nightmarish bedtime story, they’ll see familiar characters now turned evil including Hansel and Gretel salivating for human flesh, a splattered Humpty Dumpty and more.
Screen Shot 2018-08-21 at 12.15.21 PM.png

Last edited by robbalvey on Tue Aug 21, 2018 9:15 am.

Open Up Happiness

Postby jedimaster1227 » Wed Aug 22, 2018 8:23 am

The Universal Orlando Resort has sent us an update about the movie theater at Universal CityWalk being enhanced as it converts from AMC to Cinemark!

Cinemark-Coming-to-Universal-Orlandos-CityWalk-1440x900.jpg

Exciting news! Major enhancements are coming to our movie theatre at Universal CityWalk beginning this fall, as it becomes Universal Cinemark. The superior upgrades will enrich your entertainment experience, further immersing you in the action of the films in the most cutting-edge movie-watching environment available.

The transformation of our theatre will begin in September and take several months to complete. New, reclining, Cinemark Luxury Loungers with extendable footrests, cup holders and plush seating will be installed in all 20 auditoriums so you can kick up your feet and enjoy the utmost comfort while watching your favorite films.

Cinemark-Coming-to-Universal-CityWalk.jpg

And one of the things I’m most excited about is the addition of a Cinemark XD auditorium. XD auditoriums feature expansive wall-to-wall screens, custom-engineered surround sound with multi-channel speakers and state-of-the-art projection systems capable of delivering 35 trillion colors. The XD auditorium offers comfortable, plush Luxury Lounger seating, the brightest digital images and the newest movies every week.

Plus, you can boost your movie-going experience by joining Cinemark Movie Club, a unique monthly movie membership program offering ticket and concession discounts along with other exclusive benefits. You can join and take advantage of the benefits by downloading the Cinemark app.

This marks the beginning of our partnership with Cinemark Theatres, which operates more than 530 theatres around the world. Our theatre will be closed all day on Friday, September 14 to prepare for Universal Cinemark’s debut on Saturday, September 15. Then, the remodeling work will begin to implement all of the awesome enhancements I mentioned earlier.

So this fall, head over to Universal Cinemark at CityWalk, grab your popcorn and get ready to experience a blockbuster movie…Universal Cinemark-style!
Change the scheme, Alter the mood! Electrify the boys and girls if you would be so kind!

Don't let this donkey melt you with its laser eyes!

Postby CoasterLover » Wed Aug 22, 2018 9:02 am

ytterbiumanalyst wrote:
CoasterLover wrote:
Dombot wrote:If this is the start of the rumored Ministry of Magic expansion I will be very, very upset.

I was under the impression that the Ministry of Magic expansion would be on the USO side of the property as an extension off of London/Diagon Alley in the plot currently occupied by the Fear Factor Live Stage.

That actually makes a lot of sense, as the Ministry of Magic is in London (like all the other UK ministries are). I really hate to be this pedantic, and I never am normally, but Rowling is particular and has some creative control over what Universal does, so she will insist that things be as close to the books as possible.

Plus, I'd have to imagine a lot of their creative work is going to developing a large new Harry Potter section to anchor their new Orlando park (though not that they may not also have Harry Potter related expansions in mind for both IOA and USO).

I Guess Donkeys Are Okay

Postby caleb.stone » Wed Aug 22, 2018 9:46 am

CoasterLover wrote:
Dombot wrote:If this is the start of the rumored Ministry of Magic expansion I will be very, very upset.

I was under the impression that the Ministry of Magic expansion would be on the USO side of the property as an extension off of London/Diagon Alley in the plot currently occupied by the Fear Factor Live Stage.

With Rowling I'm sure that the MoM is going to go into USO. I could very much see the rumored Forbidden Forest going into where Lost Continent currently sits.

Though even as a huge potterhead growing up I really don't want to see much more of it in the parks. Especially being raised and working IoA when Potter first opened. I just think it's getting to be too much of the same thing.
Favorite Steel: The Incredible Hulk
Favorite Wooden: Storm Chaser

Harry Potter is a sick donkey.

Postby Chiselphane » Thu Aug 23, 2018 10:15 am

I'm also a big HP fan and I think what they have is enough. I can see them going for the surefire money maker though, and looking at their recent films I'm finding it tough to pick a new IP that would have enough lasting power to justify that kind of investment.

This button makes my penis erect.

Postby DJeXeL » Sun Aug 26, 2018 8:57 pm

jedimaster1227 wrote:The Universal Orlando Resort has sent us an update about the movie theater at Universal CityWalk being enhanced as it converts from AMC to Cinemark!

Interesting. I wonder what that means for the AMC in Hollywood....
- Insane In The Lift Chain -

"You shut your mouth when you talk to me"

Lost My Veganity on the New Hotness trip.

Postby dylanreich » Tue Aug 28, 2018 1:09 pm

DJeXeL wrote:
jedimaster1227 wrote:The Universal Orlando Resort has sent us an update about the movie theater at Universal CityWalk being enhanced as it converts from AMC to Cinemark!

Interesting. I wonder what that means for the AMC in Hollywood....

Hopefully nothing... If that moves to Cinemark as well they'll lose their IMAX theater as Cinemark doesn't pay for IMAX and will replace it with XD. :?r
YOLO all day errday
Steel: 1.Skull Mountain 2.X2 3.I-305 4.Tatsu 5.Storm Runner 6.Volcano
Wood: 1.Phoenix 2.Thunderhead 3.El Toro 4.Apocalypse 5.Lightning Racer

Site Admin

Postby robbalvey » Tue Aug 28, 2018 1:24 pm

DJeXeL wrote:Interesting. I wonder what that means for the AMC in Hollywood....

Nothing at all. This is not a company-wide thing, just a specific location change.

Why do I still have a donkey title???

Postby FeelTheFORCE » Tue Aug 28, 2018 4:31 pm

My local theater is a Cinemark with the luxury loungers, and it is phenomenal. They feel like you're in your living room. I honestly stopped going to the movies for a few years because of how expensive it was getting to uncomfortably watch a movie in sub-par seats, but these brought me back!
Last Coaster Ridden: Intimidator 305 at Kings Dominion on August 24, 2018.

PreviousNext

Return to Theme Parks, Roller Coasters, & Donkeys!