TPR Home | Parks | Twitter | Facebook | YouTube | Instagram 

Everland Discussion Thread

^I'd do all of that in a second to have our parks open!

Ditto to that. Same here, for Playland(PNE).

But - masks on coasters? And if one flies off.....? Guess some kind of "strap" will be needed.

Just asking.

• 2 weeks later...

I'm always sad that I missed out on this ride by one year, and then saw the track and station sitting SBNO for my next 6 years worth of trips. I know a lot of videos and POVs were shot in its later life when the trees had really grown in so here's a very early look courtesy of Everland.

[fbvideonew]

[/fbvideonew]

Source

With Korea reporting 0 domestic cases (and only 4 imported) as well as with today being a public holiday, and with the 5th of May being Children’s day one of their busiest days Everland has reopened their indoor rides. The children’s indoor playground, foam ball battle house, and VR rides remain closed as do the parades and fireworks show.

Crowds for today’s public holiday looked pretty busy. It’ll be interesting to see how Everland does in the summer. The park is normally quiet since most people flock to the water park part of the resort but there's no word yet on when it will open.

A854CF30-AF68-4A05-8948-88B0062A3BF1.thumb.png.c971da8a48f3d96114e2588bd44e71aa.png

image0.thumb.png.6dafa72849ebc65b1c5ac49e527af1ab.png

Edited by Garet

• 3 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Everland has now delayed their water park opening indefinitely since Korea may be in the early stages of a second wave of Corona. After relaxing social distancing and switching to 'everyday quarantine' the numbers have been rising and outbreaks have popped up in and around Seoul.

Everland will open its water park from tomorrow.

The water park will be closed on Tuesdays and Wednesdays for the time being. I should also point out even though the outside park is 'open' Everland has a habit of staggered openings until summer. At the time of writing the biggest attraction, Mega Storm is open and that's it. Not even the wave pool or lazy river. The indoor park's wave pool and lazy river is open but their slides are not.

So for the grand price of $50 you can ride... 1 flume. The outdoor wave pool will be next to open on June 11th.

21BDE4DF-877F-4F5D-BB9D-31B5B6F7C825.thumb.png.74b9d39d571b86cf4b9a0b50da9415b4.png

cb.thumb.jpg.1b4354c4dc8ff5ba5e6e5c8fc469d796.jpg

• 1 month later...

Everland's also going for Walibi Hollands' method of promotion through teddy bears on roller-coasters. Although without all the seats filled it looks kind of lonely.

[fbvideonew]

[/fbvideonew]

^ Bear looks like it's had enough, i.e. tilting.

And it's not a bear! It's a red panda! A sad and lonely red panda.....

Elissa will love this one!

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

With domestic numbers low last week, and a 3 day weekend Everland had planned to reintroduce its fireworks show from today. However, the numbers exploded yesterday and today so Everland has now announced that not only have the fireworks been cancelled but T Express will go back to being a 100% reservation only ride like how they used to run it during peak season years ago.

For those curious, korea is now into its 3rd and potentially worst outbreak due to a right wing anti government pastor. His church had almost 100 cases And they were required to self isolate. Instead he convinced them that it was a hoax to try and shut down the church and led thousands in protests in the centre of Seoul.

He tested positive and there are already hundreds of cases linked back to the church and a lot of the members deliberately gave false information or harassed tracers letting it spread. One heavily affected church was yongin where everland is located and another couple in Seoul which is why you’ve seen posts in this thread and lotte worlds.

Just shows it just takes 1 person to undo a whole countries 5 months of work.

^Not that there's anything wrong with naked mole rats!

Of course not, as far as I'm aware Everland does have naked mole-rats in the Lost Valley queue. Not sure if they're still there, since our son was born we tend to use our Lenny points in the lottery for queue pass for that ride since it's usually the busiest ride in the park. It's normally quietest at lunch when everyone's eating and we've tried explaining it to our son but he's 4.... so he's right and we're wrong and lunchtime is obviously for lunch we have to go eat at the busiest time.

He's pretty grumpy right now, we had planned to go to the park last weekend with virus cases dropping but then the churches in the area turned into hotbeds and as a teacher, I can't risk my job being in the hot spots (we have a lot of check-ups by the ministry of education to prove we are doing our best to keep the kids safe). He doesn't quite understand what's happening and if we tell people near Everland are sick he tells us he'll go blow on it and make it better...

Have they named the baby, yet? Looks sooooo cute!

There's been nothing on their social media yet for a name. I had hoped to go see the baby panda when it goes on display but see above, not sure when I can go without parent's freaking out.

In other news, Caribbean Bay was supposedly only going to be closed a few days after the coronavirus case but they've removed the calendar from the site entirely. No official notice on when or if it will reopen again this season.