Photo TR: Port Aventura 08/05/07

Users viewing this topic: No registered users and 1 guest
Discuss theme parks, roller coasters, and mules!
Does Jeff Johnson count this donkey as a credit?

Postby Peejay » Sun May 13, 2007 2:02 pm

Amazing pictures. I've visited Port Aventura two years ago and it became one of my favorite parks. Furius Baco looks great.

Harry Potter is a sick donkey.

Postby eyeamthu1 » Sun May 13, 2007 4:24 pm

PortAventura is just a stunning park... really top notch, I rate it very highly. I'm glad to see they're getting one more major ride though - that was needed, though I still think its placement takes quite a lot away from the Mediterranea entrance plaza. I mean, it's like sticking a coaster in IOA's Port Of Entry. And how is Stampida with the new trains? Comfy / better than the old ones?

This B&M donkey is so smooth!

Postby EmBy » Mon May 14, 2007 6:24 am

Hi Guys,

Glad you all liked the photos, took a while to resize and get to under 150KB, but they came out fine, I think??

Yeah amazing park, one of the best I've seen for theming.

Yeah Stampida was running smooth, it was my first time on it so I don't really know how it was before. But I heard people saying it was rough before, but was smooth this time, plenty of room in the train.

The new ones have a little camera pointing towards both riders and then they are selling then on dvd at the photo stall after the ride. Did see anybody buying then though and they didnt even have then advertised.

And the question about Betty Boo, her eyes do move.........it was crazy when she turned up, there was nearly a riot. =)

Jolly jolly jolly jolly jolly

Postby Louise » Mon May 14, 2007 7:40 am

^ The pictures turned out GREAT, good quality, and I really enjoyed the TR, thanks for posting! This is one of the parks I'm most looking forward to on the TPR trip as there really does seem to be a good assortment of stuff.

Oh, and I LOVE Betty Boop, but she looks really creepy there! ::shock:: I'll be totally frightened of her if we see her.

Did you ride Hurakan Condor??

Dragon Khan and Furious Baco (which by the way might be tied with Thunder Dolphin for my favourite coaster name ever) look fab, can't wait!

Don't put that donkey on the floor!

Postby redfoot12 » Mon May 14, 2007 9:24 am

Nice.

Port Aventura is on my top 3 European parks wish list.

This B&M donkey is so smooth!

Postby EmBy » Mon May 14, 2007 1:55 pm

Louise wrote:Oh, and I LOVE Betty Boop, but she looks really creepy there! ::shock:: I'll be totally frightened of her if we see her.

Hi Louise,

Glad you liked the TR.

I'm afraid to say I chickened out of Huraken Condor........I'm terrible for heights, and I've stopped doing drop tower rides after a bad experience in Southport. Ended up just taking shots of it instead.

Yeah, you will have to try and get some pictures with Betty, also she had a China Man with her all the time. She kept on doing funny poses.

Jolly jolly jolly jolly jolly

Postby Louise » Mon May 14, 2007 3:29 pm

EmBy wrote:
Louise wrote:Oh, and I LOVE Betty Boop, but she looks really creepy there! ::shock:: I'll be totally frightened of her if we see her.

Hi Louise,

Glad you liked the TR.

I'm afraid to say I chickened out of Huraken Condor........I'm terrible for heights, and I've stopped doing drop tower rides after a bad experience in Southport. Ended up just taking shots of it instead.

Yeah, you will have to try and get some pictures with Betty, also she had a China Man with her all the time. She kept on doing funny poses.

At Southport?! I remember Southport's being pretty meh, but then I can totally understand you being nervy of heights. I was just curious if you rode Condor because I'm a total sucker for a good drop tower. It's like Apocalypse too, right, in that you can stand or sit? I think? ::?

Anyway, yes, I will TOTALLY be trying to get a picture with Miss Boop, just hoping those eyes won't freak me out as much in person. ::shock::

I know more about donkeys than women!

Postby Wishmaster » Mon May 14, 2007 4:09 pm

^ It has a few different types of cars. Floorless, floorless + tilting and stand-up + floorless + tilting if I'm not mistaken. I haven't ridden it myself yet, the people who did claim that Hurakan Condor is awesome.
Rock ''n roll angels bring thyn hard rock, hallelujah! :devil:

http://www.coastercounter.com/Wishmaster

Indiana Jones and the Temple of the Forbidden Donkey.

Postby KingOfNynex2003 » Thu May 17, 2007 12:09 am

really cool pictures! I wish I had the money to go out to Port Aventura and get my coaster count up but I'll just have to wait unfortunately.
[url=http://www.clubtpr.com][img]http://www.clubtpr.com/images/memberbanners/a8a731ac04bc03138e9c85ddc2e9c415.jpg[/img][/url]

I wrote the book about donkeys!

Postby Théo the little french » Thu May 17, 2007 2:05 am

Nice TR! I can't wait august to go to PA! This park is so beautiful!! (it's not Walibi Rhône Alpes! :lolr: )

Have you seen the tests of Furius Baco? And have you bought your on-ride video of Stampida?

PreviousNext

Return to Theme Parks, Roller Coasters, & Donkeys!