Fatal Roller Coaster Accident at Japan's Expoland

Police Raided the Park!?!? See Page 9
Users viewing this topic: No registered users and 1 guest
Discuss theme parks, roller coasters, and mules!
WDW Monorail Fanatic
User avatar
 
Posts: 6739
Joined: 05 Apr 2006
Location: North Georgia
Gender: Male
Age: 45

Postby BeemerBoy » Fri May 11, 2007 11:16 am

Goliath513 wrote:Keep in mind, there hasn't been a new stand-up roller coaster built since 1999 when Georgia Scorcher was built at SFOG.

Coincidentally, I believe that was also the year that the gimmicky fad died out too (thankfully).
Displaying "Online Enthusiast Morality" since 2006, with 99.9% more sarcasm.

I know more about donkeys than women!
User avatar
 
Posts: 361
Joined: 06 Mar 2006
Location: Virginia Beach, VA
Gender: Male
Age: 32

Postby DRACHEN_FIRE_FAN-BOY » Fri May 11, 2007 11:37 am

BeemerBoy wrote:
Goliath513 wrote:Keep in mind, there hasn't been a new stand-up roller coaster built since 1999 when Georgia Scorcher was built at SFOG.

Coincidentally, I believe that was also the year that the gimmicky fad died out too (thankfully).


well, there isn't that much you can do with a stand-up that you can't do with a sit-down. The only really unique stand-up coaster I have been on was "Riddler's Revenge". Stand-ups were a great idea, just started a little too soon.....

Why do I still have a donkey title???
User avatar
 
Posts: 10381
Joined: 19 Feb 2005
Location: Waterloo, Canada
Gender: Male
Age: 39

Postby Carnage » Fri May 11, 2007 1:17 pm

DRACHEN_FIRE_FAN-BOY wrote:well, there isn't that much you can do with a stand-up that you can't do with a sit-down. The only really unique stand-up coaster I have been on was "Riddler's Revenge". Stand-ups were a great idea, just started a little too soon.....


The problem isn't that you can't do much with a stand up that can't be done on a sit down.

The problem is that there's alot a sit down can do that a stand up cannot.

Standups are like flyers in that they are much more restricted to the types of elements they can perform.
Image

Harry Potter is a sick donkey.
User avatar
 
Posts: 74
Joined: 31 Aug 2006
Location: Tucson, AZ
Gender: Male
Age: 25

Postby boy_who_luvs_coasters » Sun May 13, 2007 9:26 am

Wow. Thats very sad. And best wishes go to everyone hurt in the accident. And the one women who was killed. :cry: lol

Im still kind of confused about what had happened.

-The train can off the track, coliding into the gardrail? and the seats came off?

Im not completly shur.
-Shawn
63680468
:) :lolr: :lmao: :mickey:

There is no such thing as a donkey punch.
User avatar
 
Posts: 85
Joined: 26 May 2006
Location: Cambridge
Gender: Male
Age: 31

Postby xX-Linde-Xx » Tue May 15, 2007 9:22 am

Does anyone know if any other Togo coaster are still running or are they shut down

Bonafide Donkey Expert
User avatar
 
Posts: 1087
Joined: 01 Jun 2006
Location: Somewhere in England...
Gender: Male
Age: 30

Postby IceDragon » Tue May 15, 2007 9:46 am

boy_who_luvs_coasters wrote:Wow. Thats very sad. And best wishes go to everyone hurt in the accident. And the one women who was killed. :cry: lol

Im still kind of confused about what had happened.

-The train can off the track, coliding into the gardrail? and the seats came off?

Im not completly shur.


You really need to buck up with your spellings, kid.

The wheel's axle snapped, causing the right hand side to come loose. The vibrations increased so much the car tipped left, causing the restraints (and the womans head) to scrape along the catwalk next to the train...

2 + 2 = donkey!
 
Posts: 469
Joined: 25 Apr 2007
Gender: Male
Age: 31

Postby hemmy » Thu May 17, 2007 8:34 pm

Reports say the axles on the ride haven't been replaced in 15 years. :|

Previous

Return to Theme Parks, Roller Coasters, & Donkeys!

Who is online

Users viewing this topic: No registered users and 1 guest

These pages are in no way affiliated with nor endorsed by SeaWorld Parks & Entertainment, Cedar Fair, Legoland, Merlin Entertainment,
Blackstone, Tussaud's Group, Six Flags, Universal Theme Parks, the Walt Disney Company or any other theme park company.

All onride photos and videos on this website were taken with the permission of the park by a professional ride photographer.
For yours  and others safety, please do not attempt to take photos or videos at parks without proper permission.

Disclaimer!  You need a sense of humor to view our site, 
if you don't have a sense of humor, or are easily offended, please turn back now!
Most of the content on this forum is suitable for all ages. HOWEVER!
There may be some content that would be considered rated "PG-13."
Theme Park Review is NOT recommended for ages under 13 years of age.

cron