Fatal Roller Coaster Accident at Japan's Expoland

Police Raided the Park!?!? See Page 9
Users viewing this topic: No registered users and 1 guest
Discuss theme parks, roller coasters, and mules!
WDW Monorail Fanatic

Postby BeemerBoy » Fri May 11, 2007 11:16 am

Goliath513 wrote:Keep in mind, there hasn't been a new stand-up roller coaster built since 1999 when Georgia Scorcher was built at SFOG.

Coincidentally, I believe that was also the year that the gimmicky fad died out too (thankfully).
Displaying "Online Enthusiast Morality" since 2006, with 99.9% more sarcasm.

I know more about donkeys than women!

Postby DRACHEN_FIRE_FAN-BOY » Fri May 11, 2007 11:37 am

BeemerBoy wrote:
Goliath513 wrote:Keep in mind, there hasn't been a new stand-up roller coaster built since 1999 when Georgia Scorcher was built at SFOG.

Coincidentally, I believe that was also the year that the gimmicky fad died out too (thankfully).

well, there isn't that much you can do with a stand-up that you can't do with a sit-down. The only really unique stand-up coaster I have been on was "Riddler's Revenge". Stand-ups were a great idea, just started a little too soon.....

Why do I still have a donkey title???

Postby Carnage » Fri May 11, 2007 1:17 pm

DRACHEN_FIRE_FAN-BOY wrote:well, there isn't that much you can do with a stand-up that you can't do with a sit-down. The only really unique stand-up coaster I have been on was "Riddler's Revenge". Stand-ups were a great idea, just started a little too soon.....

The problem isn't that you can't do much with a stand up that can't be done on a sit down.

The problem is that there's alot a sit down can do that a stand up cannot.

Standups are like flyers in that they are much more restricted to the types of elements they can perform.

Harry Potter is a sick donkey.

Postby boy_who_luvs_coasters » Sun May 13, 2007 9:26 am

Wow. Thats very sad. And best wishes go to everyone hurt in the accident. And the one women who was killed. :cry: lol

Im still kind of confused about what had happened.

-The train can off the track, coliding into the gardrail? and the seats came off?

Im not completly shur.
-Shawn
:) :lolr: :lmao: :mickey:

There is no such thing as a donkey punch.

Postby xX-Linde-Xx » Tue May 15, 2007 9:22 am

Does anyone know if any other Togo coaster are still running or are they shut down

Bonafide Donkey Expert

Postby IceDragon » Tue May 15, 2007 9:46 am

boy_who_luvs_coasters wrote:Wow. Thats very sad. And best wishes go to everyone hurt in the accident. And the one women who was killed. :cry: lol

Im still kind of confused about what had happened.

-The train can off the track, coliding into the gardrail? and the seats came off?

Im not completly shur.

You really need to buck up with your spellings, kid.

The wheel's axle snapped, causing the right hand side to come loose. The vibrations increased so much the car tipped left, causing the restraints (and the womans head) to scrape along the catwalk next to the train...

2 + 2 = donkey!

Postby hemmy » Thu May 17, 2007 8:34 pm

Reports say the axles on the ride haven't been replaced in 15 years. :|

Previous

Return to Theme Parks, Roller Coasters, & Donkeys!