TPR Home | Parks | Twitter | Facebook | YouTube | Instagram 

Wild West World Discussion Thread

Hey everybody!

This thread is simple! Rather than having a million little threads about everything that goes on at the former Wild West World, this thread is designed to consolidate it all into one user-friendly thread. Feel free to use it to post updates, trip reports, questions, comments, and of course, general discussion. For pictures and videos of the park as well as past updates, see TPR's Park Index Page.

Below are some links to past updates from the park, you may be interested in. Enjoy!

--Robb

July 9th, 2007 - Park files for bankruptcy due to extremely low attendance

February 2nd, 2010 - Thomas Etheredge securities fraud case begins

February 11th, 2010 - Etheredge found guilty of 7 of 9 counts, sentence set for March 12th, 2010

April 2nd, 2010 - Etheredge sentenced to five years in prison

September 21st, 2010 - Wild West World set to never reopen

November 7th, 2010 - Wild West World auction sells everything, including the buildings!

Original Post:

Does anyone know where I can find ride stats? They said on the news last night that they have already sold 20,000 season passes. Opening week could be a nightmare.Diablo looks awesome , cant wait to ride it!

Edited by jedimaster1227

• Replies 43
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Thanks those are some good pics of the rides. I couldn't find the height of the log flume and ferris wheel speed of the coaster etc.does anyone know where I could find those? They have stuff like that on themmeparksonline but they dont have a listing for wild west world yet.

Yeah, there doesn't seem to be all that much to draw me to this park. I mean, the frisbee and the diablo look fun, and the log flume and spinning coaster should be alright, but other than that, the place doesn't look like all that much. It just doesn't have that overall quality or atmosphere that you would hope from a park that size, what with all its lower-case rides and steel buildings with facades. I would go though, if I were closer, I just don't think it's worth a 2-3 hour drive. Would it be if I went to Joyland as well?

Btw, anyone have any new pics of the place?

just got our season passes. Got to look down the mainstreet. All the rides look complete except the log ride.none of the walkways around the rides or on the mainstreet are done.I wonder how long It takes to put in concrete. hopefully they get done before the 5th

Since I'm the coaster geek at my school, my computer teacher asked me today if they will be open on time. I said that they need to start testing to "legally" open. I thought that rides would have to be tested for about three weeks. I was wrong. THERE ARE NO AMUSEMENT RIDE SAFETY LAWS IN KANSAS!!! Just thought that needed mentiond .

Probably because Kansas has no amusement parks .

Wow, I like how they make note of where the new rollercoaster will be - smack dab in the middle of the park. They seem to be intense on making that 'the' ride of the park. I've heard that they will have already selected a design firm by the time the park opens, so maybe we'll hear some about it soon.

• 2 months later...

On the news tonight, Etheredge said that he blames low attendance (less than 1,000 people a day/week I can't remember) on the wet weather. Umm, it hasn't rained in a while. When it did rain, it wasn't very frequent. I think that he's starting to realize that his park sucks. Also, I heard that he decided what to get, where to put it, and wouldn't listen to his staff's ideas. What a bad choice. I STRONGLY prefer Frontier City to this place. Maybe he should visit FC or even SDC to see their amazing theming.

Eh, well, I doubt they'll have very good attendance until 2009. That is, if the new coaster turns out to be what everyone has said it will be. Everyone I've heard from that was at the park's media event said that they did indeed show a photo of the Thunderbird at Powerpark to represent what the 2009 coaster will be like, so I've got my hopes up.