Photo TR: Six Flags Kentucky Kingdom

30 degree weather in April.
Users viewing this topic: No registered users and 1 guest
Discuss theme parks, roller coasters, and mules!
I prefer to mate with donkeys over humans!

Photo TR: Six Flags Kentucky Kingdom

Postby coaster05 » Sat Apr 07, 2007 6:47 pm

This is my first attempt at a real trip report and I definitely still have some small issues.

The park looked nice for SFKK and they had managers and employees everywhere. Most coasters only ran one train, but the crowd was so small that was fine. This is the first I had seen the repainted Chang and it looked very nice. The repaint of Hellevator also looked good, but that old name rocked. Deluge had nothing but some supports down so I got no pictures of that and for future knowledge that whole area by T2 is closed off while they are working, so the park is very inconvenient to get around right now.

The cold caused me to keep my camera tucked in most of the day so the report is pretty short.
Image00002.jpg
First stop sonic which we don't have around my house.
Image00004.jpg
Wow! That just can't be good for my heart.
Image00008.jpg
Well here we are at the park for opening day.
Image00010.jpg
We were one of the first 500 so we got free capes. Melanie, my wife, on the left. Our friend, and non member, Crystal on the right.
Image00012.jpg
I finally got my Tin Lizzie's credit! The landscaping looks really nice. Most of the park looked really good.
Image00016.jpg
Chang's paint looks fantastic and rode really well. IMO it just owns Mantis.
Image00021.jpg
How old is your arcade if you have a Smurf ride. And what is Papa Smurf doing to me to make me so happy?
Image00022.jpg
Crystal and me on my sister's favorite ride that she renamed "Ethnic Slur".
Image00025.jpg
How many giant combs can one park sell in a year? Maybe Shapiro should look at the dept. that purchases souvenirs.
Image00027.jpg
I think that may be a few too many photographers for this "warm" April Day.
Image00034.jpg
The paint and theming on this still looks very nice. SF also had maintenance over here most of the day to keep it running.
Image00037.jpg
I have no idea why this was running water, but no boats...
Image00041.jpg
and this wasn't running at all. To be fair they had someone stationed there the whole day explaining to the guest what was going on for any closed ride. It was a nice example of improved service as all the ops and helpers were very polite.
Image00030.jpg
Scooby does not seem to agree with the "family first" image of Six Flags.
Image00048.jpg
Uglydoll "OX" had a good first trip of 2007 and we all left with a pretty positive experience of SFKK. My best of 4 visits there.

Holy crap you have a HUGE donkey!

Postby coreyml » Sat Apr 07, 2007 7:46 pm

darn this global warming

I've gone pantless!

Location: In the lair of the Huge Hummel Boy (which is conveniently located near Williamsburg, Va.)

Postby cfc » Sat Apr 07, 2007 8:19 pm

Looks like Melanie and Crystal have joined the Super Friends--Lex Luthor better watch his butt! Chang looks pretty awesome.

Good job, Rich. I've never even been to Kentucky, much less SFKK. At least you won't have to worry about freezing to death at BGE this summer, but heat exhaustion might be another story.

Jizzy jizz jizz jizz jizz

Postby PKI Jizzman » Sat Apr 07, 2007 8:24 pm

Nice TR! I hope it will be better when I go next week! ZOMG! 50*!!!

Postby coaster05 » Sat Apr 07, 2007 8:28 pm

Thanks Chuck. We have not been to BGE in warm temps so that will be quite interesting. It was just way to cold for SFKK.

Postby thrillerman1 » Sat Apr 07, 2007 9:47 pm

Nice little TR. You know I've pretty much always had a good experience at SFKK, so I'm not sure why it has gotten a bad rap over the years. Yes Chang rules all stand ups including Scorcher and Riddler. :P

Postby Wes » Sat Apr 07, 2007 9:59 pm

UGLYDOLL!!!

2 + 2 = donkey!

Postby CoastersNSich » Sat Apr 07, 2007 10:42 pm

Nice Photos!! I'm hoping to go on Monday, when the temperatures are supposed to be a little warmer. I hoped to go Friday, but it was a bit too nippy for me to drive two hours just for some coasters.

Postby coaster05 » Sun Apr 08, 2007 12:17 pm

^I drove 5 but I needed to get my pass taken care of. It was even colder than they had orginally thought so you made a good decision.

I Guess Donkeys Are Okay

Postby moonshadow » Sun Apr 08, 2007 8:53 pm

I think I liked Chang the best, out of the few operable coasters that were present. The weather sucked, but the company was good. That always helps. Nice report, Rich. We should have taken a picture of Mel's high school friend from the season pass line.

Next

Return to Theme Parks, Roller Coasters, & Donkeys!