Holiday Park Discussion Thread

P. 73: New indoor area (including a Zierer coaster) for 2018
Users viewing this topic: No registered users and 1 guest
Discuss theme parks, roller coasters, and mules!
Nothing beats Cali coasters

Re: Holiday Park Discussion Thread

Postby chickenbowl » Mon Aug 26, 2013 8:49 am

gisco wrote:Was lucky enough to have a roll back on this coaster.

It's supposed to rollback! :Pr

Europe has a lot of cool parks with many different types of coasters. But I can't think of another Premier or any similar type of coaster in Europe. I think this addition will make this park even more attractive to both locals and enthusiasts!
Chasing Airtime
Steel Vengeance|Intimidator 305|Maverick|Hakugei|Skyrush
Lightning Rod|T Express|Outlaw Run|El Toro|Phoenix

Don't put that donkey on the floor!

Postby Ed Farmer » Mon Aug 26, 2013 9:36 am

An identical sister car, the "Superman Ultimate Flight" at Six Flags Discovery Kingdom, enthusiastic since 2012, the California park guests.

There's a tidbit you probably wouldn't see in the press release if this were being built stateside.
Been you to have any spike, man?

I don't always seduce Donkeys, but when I do I use classy Champagne!

Postby _koppen » Mon Aug 26, 2013 10:46 am

EXCITED!
No. 1 Water Park guy!
The Megalite is *the* roller coaster of the world! (after finally riding Expedition Geforce I'll admit it was pretty awesome as well!)

Favorite element on SkyRush is the Stengel Dive!

Postby BDG » Sat Aug 31, 2013 1:16 pm

Here's an original souvenir. :lmao:

For only 420,000 euro you can take the SuperWirbel home with you:

http://www.intermarkridegroup.com/roller-coasters/corkscrew-coaster-rc1325

I guess now we know where that Premier ride will be installed...
hopa.jpg
SuperWirbel can be seen in the top left / north west corner.

Postby _koppen » Sat Aug 31, 2013 2:35 pm

I thought so to, but in an interview a few days ago, a spokesperson for the park said that they have not yet decided where it should go.
No. 1 Water Park guy!
The Megalite is *the* roller coaster of the world! (after finally riding Expedition Geforce I'll admit it was pretty awesome as well!)

Postby _koppen » Sun Sep 08, 2013 5:35 am

So from an interview with the park manager (from an enthusiast event) we know this:

The project name for the new ride is Sky Rocket Coaster, this is however not the final name for the ride.
The location for the new coaster is excepted to be somewhere around the lake area, however not yet decided.
A dual loading station is not ( :cry: ) planned for it.
Construction will start in November.
They hope to have some new facilities around the new ride, like toilets, snack-bar etc..
The ride will get a real station with a roof, unlike Geforce.

Super Wirbel is for sale, although the rides fate has not yet been decided.

The free fall tower will get it's third, broken, side repaired during the winter.

There are no immediate plans for a Wickieland in Holiday Park yet, like in Plopsaland.
No. 1 Water Park guy!

Am I allowed to eat donkey during lent?

Postby RCT3Bross » Sun Sep 08, 2013 6:57 am

^ Since Super Wirbel's fate is unknown I really hope for it to stay at least 1 more season. I haven't had the chance to ride it yet and a credit is a credit.
Just wondering here, I'm not German. Can a park get permission to build a coaster in Germany without knowing exactly where? :?r I mean it isn't smart in my eye's to announce a ride without the prober paperwork, It could still be stopped then.

I'm really looking forward to next year visiting this park for the first time. Expedition GeForce is a coaster I'm looking at for years now and I'm really exited to try it out, also the new coaster will be my first premier who seem to have some interesting rides.
Roller Coaster Traveler 3 Bross Parks of 2018: Efteling, Phantasialand, Walibi Holland, Skyline park, Europa Park, Walibi Belgium, Toverland, Thorpe Park, Alton Towers, Blackpool Pleasure Beach
2018 Rides: Fenix (Toverland), Tiki Waka (Walibi Belgium), Wicker Man (Alton Towers), Icon (Blackpool Pleasure Beach).

I love donkeys more than me.

Postby simon8899 » Sun Sep 08, 2013 9:56 am

I think a dual loading station isn't really needed. Having visited last year on a sunday the waits for GeForce were 10 minutes max with all other rides were a walk-on.

Also IMO it's good they get rid of SuperWirbel - I found it to be even worse than BigLoop or Python. Lots of headbanging and the helices were taken so slow and the cars were oscillating weirdly - maybe the ride was badly calculated to begin with or aged very badly. Either way this ride proves that Vekoma loopers can never stand up to Schwarzkopf loopers in speed, pacing and ageing.

When I grow up, I want to breed donkeys!

Postby David H » Sun Sep 08, 2013 11:03 am

Another reason to visit the park. But let's be honest: with Expedition GeForce there, do you really need another reason?
Check out my Photo Trip Report from my Epic Asia Trip! Tons of coasters and a good helping of culture too! The first legs in Japan and Korea are done, and now we're up to the TPR China trip!
Photo TR: David's EPIC Asia trip! TPR China + Japan, Korea, and Taiwan!

If the donkey is rockin, don't come knockin!

Postby FreeFaller » Sun Sep 08, 2013 11:08 am

@ _koppen: I have been there with other TPR members as well! What a pity we haven't met each other! :D

PreviousNext

Return to Theme Parks, Roller Coasters, & Donkeys!