Holiday Park Discussion Thread

P. 73: New indoor area (including a Zierer coaster) for 2018
Users viewing this topic: No registered users and 1 guest
Discuss theme parks, roller coasters, and mules!
I don't always seduce Donkeys, but when I do I use classy Champagne!

Re: Holiday Park Discussion Thread

Postby _koppen » Mon May 20, 2013 2:39 pm

I read about that, it sounds like an awesome thing to do!

Something similar happened in Sweden during the early 90's when the then owner of Skara Sommerland bought the crashed U-137 and putted it on display in the park (that is the Sovjet submarine that run aground in Swedish teretory during the cold war armed with nuclear weapons).

My german is not really good, but maybe you can have listen to it and translate correctly:
Video
No. 1 Water Park guy!
The Megalite is *the* roller coaster of the world! (after finally riding Expedition Geforce I'll admit it was pretty awesome as well!)

I think Intamin should make a donkey!

Postby Belgiumcoasterfreak » Mon May 20, 2013 2:52 pm

_koppen wrote:I read about that, it sounds like an awesome thing to do!

Something similar happened in Sweden during the early 90's when the then owner of Skara Sommerland bought the crashed U-137 and putted it on display in the park (that is the Sovjet submarine that run aground in Swedish teretory during the cold war armed with nuclear weapons).

My german is not really good, but maybe you can have listen to it and translate correctly:
Video

Haha this isn't German, but Dutch (Flemish), just so you know :b . This is Steve van den Kerkhof, CEO of the Plopsa-parks (video is from the new refurbished theme zone of Plopsaland de Panne). You translated it correctly. They are planning to build a new ride for 2014 in Holiday Park and it's something you already find in the US and it's unique in Europe. I wonder what it will be... Could Air Force Two be a link to the new ride? Sounds pretty interesting...

2 + 2 = donkey!

Postby Kooky » Mon May 20, 2013 3:42 pm

i hope for something like this ;)
image-source:http://newsplusnotes.blogspot.de/2011/11/scott-and-carol-present-day-two-at.html
Selfmade "8-Bit game characters goes to reality"-movie: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QRfPo-MKuPA

If the donkey is rockin, don't come knockin!

Postby FreeFaller » Wed May 29, 2013 3:49 am

What about a 4D coaster like X or a flying B&M? :D

I don't always seduce Donkeys, but when I do I use classy Champagne!

Postby _koppen » Wed May 29, 2013 5:10 am

FreeFaller wrote:What about a 4D coaster like X or a flying B&M? :D

Could be, but both of those cost a ton of money.

I'm thinking about a Rocky Mountain, but also this popped up in my mind.
I don't think we have one in Europe, and they are common in the US.
No. 1 Water Park guy!
The Megalite is *the* roller coaster of the world! (after finally riding Expedition Geforce I'll admit it was pretty awesome as well!)

I'm a know-it-all about donkeys!

Location: Front seat of Leviathan, or if WFS (World's Finest Shows) is in town, then there.

Postby ultradude306 » Wed May 29, 2013 6:37 am

I'd rule out a flyer or wing rider, as although they are found in the US, Europe already has both of these rides (Raptor in Italy, and Air at Alton Towers).

I'm guessing a launched invert like the person above said, however, not an impulse....More like volcano at KD
Check Out My YouTube Channel!

Channel: ultradude306
http://m.youtube.com/#/user/ultradude306?&desktop_uri=%2Fuser%2Fultradude306
Funny vids, coasters, & more!

Reeks of Books

Postby CorkscrewFoley » Wed May 29, 2013 9:39 am

An Impulse with the double twisted towers ala Wicked Twister could work. Theme it to some kind of large sea creature, and you have gold.

Postby Belgiumcoasterfreak » Wed May 29, 2013 10:02 am

More news about Holiday Park and Air Force two:

The deal to buy the plane is cancelled. They don't wanna sell the plane to people who don't live in the USA and they don't want to ship the plane to a foreign possible buyers...

About the coaster/new attraction:

A Intamin inverted launch could sound nice... But I think it will be more of a family ride then a real thrill-ride...

If the donkey is rockin, don't come knockin!

Postby FreeFaller » Sun Jun 02, 2013 12:16 am

I don't think that it's realistic, but what do you think about a RMC coaster? That would be definitely unique in Europe!

Postby Belgiumcoasterfreak » Mon Jun 03, 2013 9:21 am

FreeFaller wrote:I don't think that it's realistic, but what do you think about a RMC coaster? That would be definitely unique in Europe!

That isn't so unrealistic. Steve (CEO) says it is going to be a ride that is recently build in the US and it's more common their than other places on earth. It's something very unique in Europe and back in 2011 they said they will build a new coaster right after the new Maja-land (which is completed this year). The new ride was going to be something thrilling and made for the teenagers of the family-group and Steve said it will fit perfectly next to EGF as size of coaster.

My guesses: next year a RMC wooden coaster for 2014 with some inversions (2 ore 3 inversions most likely). Possible with the steepest drop in Europe to and the station building near ore at the location of Super Wirbel (the old Vekoma corkscrew). The forest behind Super Wirbel is property of Holiday Park and would fit perfectly for a RMC woodie. Why do I think at that location? Super Wirbel has a lot of problems throughout the years and in 2011, they confirmed that Super Wirbel isn't going to stay in the park much longer. It's at that moment, when they talked about the future demolition of SW, they talked about a very good replacement right after it's gone.

What do you guys think?

PreviousNext

Return to Theme Parks, Roller Coasters, & Donkeys!