TPR Home | Parks | Twitter | Facebook | YouTube | Instagram 

PTR - Adventure Island - 10th Feb

Well yesterday was the time for my first UK park of 2007, but this visit was mainly because today was Rage's opening day.

I won't say too much, apart from Rage was very good, really enjoyed it, its good to finally get on a decent ride at Adventure Island.

Anyway, here's the pics:

AI has changed forever!

Before Rage officially opened, they added a second train, not that it was needed.

The other train, keeping nice and dry

Oo, its testing, should be open soon!

Evan enjoys watching RAGE

There I go!

Its very curvey, if a little rickerty.

After a few goes on Rage, we decided to go have some lunch up at the high street.

Possibly the worst named coaster on the planet, "Mighty Mini Mega"

Evan enjoying his first ever Whopper at the age of 4

Southends mahoosive peir

Evan is turning out ot be a right little 'whore'

More photo's of Rage:

Ti's a rather large peir, isn't it!

Best looking Twister ever?

Pay £16 for a wristband, yet you have to pay extra for the Dodgems

More Rage

This ride is crap, basically

I think Evans CC is about 12, not bad ofr a 4 year old.

Wehay!

"I wanna go on Rage!"

POV shot

This coaster actually is quite good

Possibly Evans favourite ride, EVER!

Another shot of Rage

I now actually think the Tri-track looks better than the 'flat track'

Green Scream

The 'cutback' on Rage is quite rickerty

This actually used to be Evans favourite ride, but they have now raised the height limit of it from 1m to 1.2m so he can't go on it no more, well, untill he's grows to 1.2m, which will probably be in a year or so.

The same goes for the Dinghy Slide, now 1.2m instead of 1m, and it was another of Evans favourites. He's not impressed.

And I finish this small PTR with this nice of AI just before it closed after Rages first day of operation.

Hope you enjoyed.

Martyn

• Replies 25
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Awhhh we love the whip as well, it is a cool ride! (Evans favourite)

I think i must have been in a cloud some where as i did not know southend was getting a new coaster and we sat around all day bored thinking of something to do (was tempted to go to Thorpe park seeing as it opened yesterday but it peed down with rain so we changed out mind! lol)

I can see it fitting in really well there, ohh will have to plan a trip in the next few weeks.

Good report!

I have to add something . Even has a good coaster count but my son Thomas who is now 2 has a coaster count of 10. Which is good. I did also not that the hight restrictions have gone up which is a pain as I was looking forward to taking Thomas on that ride.

Great pics though and what a great ride for Adventure Island.

Rage sounds awful.

I had high hopes that this would be smoother than Speed, less rattly and thus less painful. Listening to the vile noises it makes on the pov Mushroom took makes me realise that it is none of those things.

Ejector air made Speed good, but after an impressive first start the turn around removed any enjoyment factor away from the ride. The inversions were forceless and pointless and the helixes were to intense and rather sickly. Speed had no flow, despite being incredably fast, was jerky and unplesent. It seems that Rage is even worse.

I'll find out in June.

I think these type of "Euro" coasters need to have more room so the inversions and rolls can be enjoyed more. A tight track area means the ride could become "rough".

Speed is a good example of streching the model, but the ending is a bit short and compact, a couple more straight bunnyhops then the downward helix to the brakes works better.

Speed's overbanked turn around was vile. I think it's the trains that are the problem here, not the track and layout. The track work on these things is hardly good, but the fault is with the flexibility of the trains. They seem to struggle with turns and become jolty and unplesent when they turn.

Speed's drop, airtime hill and loop were fine. No rattles or jerking.

The restraint's don't help. They are reminiscent of the Vekoma SLC OTSRs. They have extra bits digging into the sholders. Not what you want on a coaster with tones of ejector air, now is it?

What this pov of rage and listen to the horendous noises it makes.

Rage sounds awful.

I had high hopes that this would be smoother than Speed, less rattly and thus less painful. Listening to the vile noises it makes on the pov Mushroom took makes me realise that it is none of those things.

Ejector air made Speed good, but after an impressive first start the turn around removed any enjoyment factor away from the ride. The inversions were forceless and pointless and the helixes were to intense and rather sickly. Speed had no flow, despite being incredably fast, was jerky and unplesent. It seems that Rage is even worse.

Pffft, don't be so unpleasant, you can't tell a ride from what it sounds like in a POV. Besides, unless you got huge bruises on your legs, don't be so quick to complain whenever a coaster's elements aren't perfectly smooth. Really, one of the main purposes of roller coasters is to scare you into thinking that you are out-of-control. If you want a pleasant trip along some tracks, you can go ride the train.

To me, Rage looks fantastic. I think it and the Mystery Mine show the true far and wide potential of these machines, I wouldn't be surprised at all if these started popping up everywhere soon like the Pinfari's and Schwartzkopf's of old.

I agree with Shavethewhales. HaJiMe, don't be such a baby. I think people complain too much about roughness on coasters. A coaster is meant to give a sensation of "out of control". If you want a pleasent ride, take the monorail.

Rage looks cool, I think that I will like this one. Rage, here I come!

What this pov of rage and listen to the horendous noises it makes.

LMAO First, the noises up the lift could be anything and most likly not concerning the car. Its probably the chain or something else. Just some grease should fix that.

Secondly, the rattling is VERY mild. Id be more inclinded to think its just the bodywork flexing about causing that noise. When an entire train rattles (causing some roughness), like a B&M, its far louder. That was very quiet and I doubt it was the entire train flexing and rattling about but rather was something flimsy such as bodywork or something else cosmetic on the train.

You made it sound like a horror movie but it was quite quiet. Infact, Millennium Force IS louder and more violent.