• Disaster Transport
    • Bobbaan
    • La Vibora
    • Munich Autobahn

• Replies 33
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I have been on one, Disaster Transport - at least the last time I went they weren't playing that silly Alslaka thing when you go up the lift hill.

Shouldn't this be "the Least Worst Bobsled You Have Been On" or are there actually some good ones?

I've been on Screamin' Delta Demon, Disaster Transport, and La Vibora. Of those, I have to go with Disaster Transport. The pure darkness in portions of the ride really make it intimidating and that last twisting drop in the dark is pretty wild. Of the three, DT feels the most natural.

I rode the Screamin' Delta Demon over 10 years ago, so its been a while, but I remember there being a lot of brake sections that really jolted you. La Vibora was just awkward. The cars didn't feel like they were made properly. It was like the car didn't carry enough momentum through the turns or something because it felt like the car was sliding down the banking in every turn.

I´ve ridden the Schweizer Bobbahn at Heidepark and Europapark, Trace du Hourra, Avalanche at Blackpool and Bobban at Efteling and my favourite is the last one (Bobbaan).

I don´t like Mack bobsleds but love the Intamin one at Efteling!

Well, I have only been on Alpine Bobsled and Disaster Transport, and I voted Disaster Transport because it simply has scenery, and it was okay at best. But once I go on Flying Turns in June, I will most likely reconsider my preferences.

I have only been on 2 also, KD Avalanche, CP DT. I can't believe all the votes for DT?? Such a lame ride that was even worse when it was Avalanche Run Bobsleds!!! At least the KD version has some good twisting and turning with decent speed and 1 or 2 good pops of airtime. It would be nice if it were longer and a little more comfortable for 2 riders, the front rider gets squished by the restraint.

^ I was thinking the same thing. I think DT has two things going for it.

1) CP has such huge attendance compared to some parks, that tons of people have rode it more often than most Bobsleds.

2) DT is a sentimental favorite. It's gained such a reputation over the years for it mediocre ride & lame theming...that these negatives have actually become positives, and have made it a superstar among Bobsled coasters.

Of all of these, the only one I've ridden is La Vibora, but I rode it when was the Sarajevo Bobsleds at SFMM. Great concept, though I'm sure the Mack version (like at PKI) is better.

One day I'd like to get to Knoebel's and ride their bobsled---er, Flying Turns!

Eric

I've only been on 2: Avalanche Bobsled at PKD, and Disaster Transport. I voted for DT- I love this ride! I loved it when it was outside- I think it was called Avalanche Run or something- but it's even better in the dark- makes it seem faster. And the cheesy theming is so much fun!

I'm going with Sarajevo Bobsleds for my fondest memories back at Sfgadv. Of course that ride is now Alpine Bobsled at Great Escape. Problem is, it could have changed so I couldn't really say if I would still enjoy it now.

With all that said, I picked Avalanche over DT.

I've only been on 2: Avalanche Bobsled at PKD, and Disaster Transport. I voted for DT- I love this ride! I loved it when it was outside- I think it was called Avalanche Run or something- but it's even better in the dark- makes it seem faster. And the cheesy theming is so much fun!

I personally wouldn't say I love it, but I like it, it's still fun. But I would have to say I was more partial to it w/out the building. I remember being on boat rides as a kid, and being on the beach at Breakers and thinking how cool that coaster looked on the edge of the beach like that!