Universal Studios Singapore Discussion Thread

Users viewing this topic: No registered users and 2 guests
Discuss theme parks, roller coasters, and mules!
"CACTUS SHARP!!"

Re: Universal Studios Singapore Discussion Thread

Postby COASTER FREAK 11 » Fri May 13, 2011 10:06 am

Hey, it still looks better then Monster Inc At California Adventure! Hahaha. I really like the POV, thanks!

A zonkey is a cross between a zebra and a donkey.

Postby Gerstlauer1 » Fri May 13, 2011 10:50 am

The water looks, so, so CLEAN!!! :lmao: :p

Awesome pics and pov mate! Thank you very much for that!

It all started with a donkey

Postby the ghost » Fri May 13, 2011 3:35 pm

^^ I think I am the only person in the world who like that ride, lol.

Thanks for the pov... I am a bit confused though... I heard(before opening) that there was a drop, yet I did not notice one. Was there one and I just didn't see it?

“Fear can make a donkey attack a lion”

Postby testtrack321 » Fri May 13, 2011 4:34 pm

the ghost wrote:^^ I think I am the only person in the world who like that ride, lol.

Thanks for the pov... I am a bit confused though... I heard(before opening) that there was a drop, yet I did not notice one. Was there one and I just didn't see it?

I like Monsters Inc also.

The post earlier said that Screamscape is reporting the drop had to be removed. Can we confirmation on this?

The best thing about TPR is the donkeys.

Postby digimax » Fri May 13, 2011 4:42 pm

testtrack321 wrote:
the ghost wrote:^^ I think I am the only person in the world who like that ride, lol.

I like Monsters Inc also.

The post earlier said that Screamscape is reporting the drop had to be removed. Can we confirmation on this?

I sort of like it BUT I generally love indoor dark rides (whether slow or fast) in general.

Yes, the drop was in the original plan. It does not exist anymore. In actual fact, there is supposed to be a SECOND level in the ride building which was scrapped. The reason why it took so long to open was because they had to rebuild.

I'm trying to plot out (from memory) a rough ride layout but my guess is that after the "partying" scenes - the part where guests see the "Mt Foosa" plan - is where most of the major redesign work happened.

I Guess Donkeys Are Okay

Postby vfire » Sat May 14, 2011 5:46 pm

Projectors on the Madagascar ride!!! Why? If I wanted to watch the movie, I'd stay home and plug in a DVD. The projectors just scream cheap! And early reviews say the animatronics are pitiful. And no drops either!?!? I'd take Monsters Inc. over this any day. How disappointing...

Postby digimax » Sat May 14, 2011 9:10 pm

Alright, I've written up a full review here: http://dejiki.com/2011/05/madagascar-a-crate-adventure

The park was doing Technical Rehearsals yesterday. There was apparently, a major technical fault yesterday at the loading/unloading platform that caused a long line of boats to be stuck. Wrote about it in the blog post.

I might still be visiting the park tomorrow for the grand opening. Some effects were not working on the preview night but was working yesterday, and vice versa.

A zonkey is a cross between a zebra and a donkey.

Postby Gerstlauer1 » Sun May 15, 2011 2:57 am

^
Thanks for the review mate! It's awesome that you take time to write such an awesome text!

It all started with a donkey

Postby the ghost » Sun May 15, 2011 3:36 am

Good write up! I kinda wish I enjoyed this a little more in terms of the ride itself... I just don't find it too impressive in general. I mean, a boat ride does not need to be a crazy thrilling to be an awesome attraction, such as jungle cruise, but this just looks kinda boring in general. I mean, I understand it's a kids ride, but there was no wow factor, which would have been acceptable if this wasnt A. Such a big ride for the park(you even referred to it as an E ticket and B. The fact that it took soooooo long to make this attraction. I mean, I have no "issue" with the ride... just a little underwhelming IMO.

Postby digimax » Sun May 15, 2011 5:40 am

the ghost wrote:I mean, I understand it's a kids ride, but there was no wow factor, which would have been acceptable if this wasnt A. Such a big ride for the park(you even referred to it as an E ticket and B. The fact that it took soooooo long to make this attraction. I mean, I have no "issue" with the ride... just a little underwhelming IMO.

The original vision of the ride was supposed to be an E ticket, I believe. This ride has similar, or greater capacity as the other E ticket attractions. There were opportunities to use up-to-date technology but the execution in the end was rather.. not up to par. Come to think about it, I am puzzled why I said it's an E ticket now. :?r Perhaps it is a Low-E or High-D level ride. I do agree that it's underwhelming - seems like I've lowered my expectations after being a passholder at the park.

Perhaps if the ride opened a year ago (even in its current, reduced state), the general response would've been slightly more positive.
Last edited by digimax on Fri May 27, 2011 7:34 am.

PreviousNext

Return to Theme Parks, Roller Coasters, & Donkeys!