Cedar Point (CP) Discussion Thread

P. 4740: Cedar Points Nights 2019 details released!
Users viewing this topic: BDD27, SbSteveZ, thepoint4life23 and 45 guests
Discuss theme parks, roller coasters, and mules!
Gimme Some Candy!

Re: The Cedar Point (CP) Discussion Thread

Postby coasterfreak101 » Thu Feb 24, 2011 7:56 pm

ToTheMax012 wrote:I'm a cook at a BWW in Pittsburgh (just got promoted) and I cook 'em with the deep fryer.

Back on Topic- Are Coastermania ERT sessions busy?

In 2008, Friday night was absolutely packed (45 minutes for Maverick!), Saturday morning was absolutely empty until around 7-730am, and Saturday night was also pretty empty, with maybe a two-train wait for some rows of Raptor and a one-swing wait max for MaxAir.
1. Skyrush | 2. Maverick | 3. The Voyage | 4. El Toro | 5. Outlaw Run
6. Millennium Force | 7. I-305 | 8. Medusa: SC | 9. X2 | 10. Phoenix

Coasters: 290
Parks: 51

There is no such thing as a donkey punch.

Postby Coasterbp » Thu Feb 24, 2011 9:55 pm

Hotel rates have FINALLY opened up now as well. You can make your reservations now through the website. New interface again this year. Much better than any other years, that's for sure.

-=coasterbp

Have I mentioned how awesome donkeys are?

Postby adavis » Fri Feb 25, 2011 8:12 am

thrillrider wrote:
adavis wrote:When BDubs got rid of the Thai sauce part of my soul died.

But it's still totally delicious.

They have thai curry sauce that is killer. As a matter of fact, I am eating some right now. :p

It is good, but it tastes more like Indian food than Thai, at least to me. Plus there's no peanut butter in it!

I Love Donkeys!

Postby coffguy » Sun Feb 27, 2011 9:11 am

Which resorts/hotels are actually on Cedar Point's island that you can walk to the enterance from? Because some of the early entrance ones are not on the island. (Helpful for Coastermania and I am already taking into account the packages.)

Why do I still have a donkey title???

Postby Carnage » Sun Feb 27, 2011 9:21 am

Hotel Breakers, Sandcastle Suites, Camper Village, and Lighthouse point are on-point and walkable.

Postby thrillrider » Sun Feb 27, 2011 9:25 am

Hotel breakers, and sandcastle are located just outside the parks gate. There is also the campground and lighthouse point on the island as well.

Be forewarned though, the prices at these resorts are pretty steep for what you get. If you have a platinum pass, you still get the early entry, and don't need to stay on property to get the perk. To be honest, the hour early entry may get you on 2 rides before the gates open to the public. You also have other platinum pass holders filtering in during that hour, so the lines get progressively longer.

We were going to stay on property again, and decided against it. We ended up getting a room just down the street, and platinum passes(for 3), and still spent less than getting a room on the island with only tickets. Rooms at the cedarpoint resorts average between $130-$300 per night, unless you go early in the season, or sometimes durring the week.

The rooms at the cedarpoint resorts are average at best. Some of the rooms are very outdated.
341 steel coasters
114 wood coasters

Five babies drowned in a fire

Postby Skycoastin Steve » Sun Feb 27, 2011 10:47 am

^I think the biggest draw for hotel rooms on point is that you can easily walk back to your room in the middle of the day if need be, whereas if you're off point, you have to go out to the parking lot, drive over the causeway, go all the way back to your hotel (wherever it may be), and then come all the way back. I guess it's all a matter of opinion on whether you want the extra convenience that comes with the extra cost.

Postby Carnage » Sun Feb 27, 2011 11:15 am

It also depends on when you go.

The earlier in the season you go, the cheaper the on-site hotels are. I always go the weekend before Memorial day, and the difference between Breakers Express and Breakers/Sandcastle is only like $20/person total. For that price difference it's a no-brainer.

The difference between express and on-site though gets wider and wider as you get into the summer season.

Someday, I hope to find my own Indiana Jones.

Postby Jojo19799 » Sun Feb 27, 2011 11:16 am

Is Breakers Express a walkable distance? I'm thinking of staying there for Coastermania. Also, a few reviews for the hotel said that there was free parking available for the park. Has anyone else heard about this? This will be my first time staying at any CP related hotel. Everytime I've gone to CP, I've always stayed at a hotel down the street from the park.

When I grow up, I want to breed donkeys!

Postby BigDipper 80 » Sun Feb 27, 2011 11:52 am

^No, it is off the peninsula and pedestrians aren't allowed on the causeway. I think that the park offers a shuttle, but I could be wrong about that.

PreviousNext