Cedar Point (CP) Discussion Thread

P. 4740: Cedar Points Nights 2019 details released!
Users viewing this topic: ALT2870 and 12 guests
Discuss theme parks, roller coasters, and mules!
I think Intamin should make a donkey!

Re: The Cedar Point (CP) Discussion Thread

Postby HappyEisentrout » Mon Feb 21, 2011 11:41 am

^I forgot about TB, but the dining room always closed early. When I worked on Dragster we would all go and order in the drive thru and eat on the curb there. Buffalo Wild Wings is just over rated and kinda far down 250.

And yeah the Sports City closed and Goofy Golf is there, behind a bunch of buildings. There is so much land that could be used on Cleveland Ave that could be utilized for making money. And no matter how touristy the area gets, nothing will take away from that sight when you turn onto the causeway and see the park out over the bay. So the park will always have that middle of no where feel. This town just needs more money flowing, which could happen. Don't get me started on how much downtown needs a face lift and what it could become with some tlc.
2003-2004 - Michigan's Adventure (Games, Shivering Timbers ATL, Wolverine Wildcat, Timber Town Railway)
2005-2009, 2011, 2012 - Cedar Point (Magnum XL-200, Top Thrill Dragster, Thunder Canyon TL, Maverick TL, CP&LE Engine House)

Five babies drowned in a fire

Postby Skycoastin Steve » Mon Feb 21, 2011 11:59 am

^BDubs overrated??? Blasphemy!!! Now I will concede that their service is abysmal, but the wings are always delicious. And ya know, BDubs is right next to Taco Bell, so they're the same distance down 250. ;)

I think Intamin should make a donkey!

Postby HappyEisentrout » Mon Feb 21, 2011 2:20 pm

^Taco Fish is right next to Bdubs (Taco Bell/Long John Silvers), but we always went to the one down Perkins. It's closer.

PS-BDubs wings are always over priced and they got rid of the Smokey Southwest, they don't exist for me anymore.
2003-2004 - Michigan's Adventure (Games, Shivering Timbers ATL, Wolverine Wildcat, Timber Town Railway)
2005-2009, 2011, 2012 - Cedar Point (Magnum XL-200, Top Thrill Dragster, Thunder Canyon TL, Maverick TL, CP&LE Engine House)

Have I mentioned how awesome donkeys are?

Postby adavis » Mon Feb 21, 2011 3:37 pm

When BDubs got rid of the Thai sauce part of my soul died.

But it's still totally delicious.

Racing for the sky

Postby coasterlover420 » Mon Feb 21, 2011 6:04 pm

HappyEisentrout wrote:^Taco Fish is right next to Bdubs (Taco Bell/Long John Silvers), but we always went to the one down Perkins. It's closer.

PS-BDubs wings are always over priced and they got rid of the Smokey Southwest, they don't exist for me anymore.

I kind of agree. Even with the CP discount it was kind of overrated...it even got old after a few times.
Sometimes the Dragster crew would get some Taco Fish and then go eat at Coldstone in the grass :P
~Signature~

I Love Donkeys!

Postby coffguy » Wed Feb 23, 2011 6:22 pm

Cedar Point has put up their hotel packages for this year's Coastermania, check it out.

http://www.cedarpoint.com/public/news/coastermania/index.cfm

Gimme Some Candy!

Postby coasterfreak101 » Thu Feb 24, 2011 12:01 pm

^Thanks!

So it looks like Boyfriend's graduation doesn't start until 230 that Friday, and so we won't be up until 11pm or so. Does the park close the parking lot to incoming cars once the park closes at ten, or would we still be able to take advantage of that last hour of ERT?

I think we've decided to spend a few hours there on Sunday to make up for it. Then on to Kings Island and Kennywood!
1. Skyrush | 2. Maverick | 3. The Voyage | 4. El Toro | 5. Outlaw Run
6. Millennium Force | 7. I-305 | 8. Medusa: SC | 9. X2 | 10. Phoenix

Coasters: 290
Parks: 51

Why do I still have a donkey title???

Postby Philrad71 » Thu Feb 24, 2011 5:18 pm

Buffalo Wild Wings is just over rated and kinda far down 250.

Gotta agree with you there...they have one in Erie and I was quite disappointed. Wings were small, undercooked (not quite sure how you can undercook small wings, but they did), overpriced and the sauce wasn't all that great.

Perhaps it was just the store we ate at and other locales are better, but I have yet to visit another one on my travels. I would try another one, but am reluctant only because I'm spoiled by the wings in Western NY. Sounds like they got rid of some good flavors. Which sauce (that is currently on the menu) is the best should we decide to visit again? FYI...I prefer hot and spicy wings over sweet.

I actually prefer Quaker Steak and Lube's wings over BDubs, but even they aren't anything close to real Buffalo wings. Although I have to admit that I do like their Louisiana Licker sauce mixed with some XXtra hot sauce...extra crispy!

Most people from the Buffalo area make fun of BDubs when comparing it to all the local places around here that serve them. The best place to get them besides Duffs or the Anchor Bar in Buffalo are some of the small dive bars all over Western NY.

I have had wings in a lot of places around the country and I am still baffled by the fact that there are so many places that have no clue how to properly cook them. How hard is throwing them in the deep fryer (thawed) till they float and then toss them in your favorite sauce? I think there are too many places that cook them frozen which is never a good thing.

Also had to laugh at the wings at the Thirsty Pony on the corner of the CP Causeway entrance...those are chicken wings? YIKES! :lol:

“Fear can make a donkey attack a lion”

Postby ToTheMax012 » Thu Feb 24, 2011 5:25 pm

I'm a cook at a BWW in Pittsburgh (just got promoted) and I cook 'em with the deep fryer.

Back on Topic- Are Coastermania ERT sessions busy?

Why do I still have a donkey title???

Postby thrillrider » Thu Feb 24, 2011 5:48 pm

adavis wrote:When BDubs got rid of the Thai sauce part of my soul died.

But it's still totally delicious.

They have thai curry sauce that is killer. As a matter of fact, I am eating some right now. :p
341 steel coasters
114 wood coasters

PreviousNext