Cedar Point (CP) Discussion Thread

P. 4740: Cedar Points Nights 2019 details released!
Users viewing this topic: Bing [Bot], DoinItForTheFame, Haymaker, mattkopp23 and 31 guests
Discuss theme parks, roller coasters, and mules!
Five babies drowned in a fire

Re: The Cedar Point (CP) Discussion Thread

Postby Skycoastin Steve » Mon Jan 31, 2011 1:33 pm

^Some form of retracking happens on a yearly basis during the offseason (and in small parts during the season). It'll never make a difference because of the trims and the PTCs.

Holy crap you have a HUGE donkey!

Postby kennywood_racer » Mon Jan 31, 2011 1:48 pm

That's why I try get MS out of the way on opening day. Front seat, first rider :b
ACE Member since 2006
Image[url=http://www.clubtpr.com][img]http://www.clubtpr.com/images/memberbanners/f01fb565c111aea8064bc69997573c70.jpg[/img][/url]

I Guess Donkeys Are Okay

Postby drumlover » Wed Feb 02, 2011 7:27 am

How much would a night at Hotel Breakers approx. be during Coastermania or anytime near then? Just a rough estimate would be appreicated. Thanks!

Gimme Some Candy!

Postby coasterfreak101 » Wed Feb 02, 2011 1:47 pm

^I asked a few pages back and Elissa said around $200 a night. I know they sell ticket/hotel packages, but those aren't released yet.
1. Skyrush | 2. Maverick | 3. The Voyage | 4. El Toro | 5. Outlaw Run
6. Millennium Force | 7. I-305 | 8. Medusa: SC | 9. X2 | 10. Phoenix

Coasters: 290
Parks: 51

Why do I still have a donkey title???

Postby thrillrider » Wed Feb 02, 2011 3:08 pm

It's much cheaper, and just as nice to stay at one of the many hotels down the street. The only thing that the on property hotels have going for them is just that....on property.

Besides that, do you really plan on spending much time in the room?

We have stayed at the on property hotels a few times, and found them to be overpriced for what they have to offer. As a matter of fact, the only park that it is worth wild to stay onsite is Disneyworld. And even the rooms at Disney are half the price of a room on cedar point property.

We stayed at pop century resort at Disney last year for $79 a night.

There are several hotels just down the street from cedar point that have good rates and the rooms are just as nice/nicer. Here are a few....

http://tinyurl.com/4ocowgo

http://www.knightsinn.com/KnightsInn/control/Booking/property_info?propertyId=14647

http://book.bestwestern.com/bestwestern/selectHotel.do?iata=00158210

These are just 3 places that we have stayed at that are nice. I hope this helps you out and saves you a few bucks.
341 steel coasters
114 wood coasters

Postby FeelTheFORCE » Wed Feb 02, 2011 3:21 pm

thrillrider wrote:As a matter of fact, the only park that it is worth wild to stay onsite is Disneyworld.

Actually, I think Universal is definitely worth it to stay on-site also. I'm sure there are plenty more out there also.

Anyway, it depends what you want. If you're willing to shell out the extra few bucks for the convenience and early entry, then go for it. If not, then there are some cheaper options outside the park, as stated.

Postby thrillrider » Wed Feb 02, 2011 3:36 pm

FeelTheFORCE wrote:
thrillrider wrote:As a matter of fact, the only park that it is worth wild to stay onsite is Disneyworld.

Actually, I think Universal is definitely worth it to stay on-site also. I'm sure there are plenty more out there also.

Anyway, it depends what you want. If you're willing to shell out the extra few bucks for the convenience and early entry, then go for it. If not, then there are some cheaper options outside the park, as stated.

We have been wanting to stay at universal...hear it's nice.

As far as shelling out the extra cash for cedarpoints rooms, it's not worth it to us. The early entry thing is really void because we have season passes that get us into the park early anyways. As far as convenience, the room cost's over $100 more a night than a room down the street. I will keep my $100 and make the 5 min drive. Again, this is just what "we" do.

Do you know how many ice bats and domos $100 can buy? :b

Btw...this is my 1000 post. :lmao:
341 steel coasters
114 wood coasters

Postby FeelTheFORCE » Wed Feb 02, 2011 4:04 pm

Yeah, that wouldn't apply to someone in your situation. When I said "it depends what you want," I meant the person who was originally asking the question.

And Universal is really nice! They have some great on-site hotels with awesome perks! I stayed at the Loews Royal Pacific. If you have any questions, feel free to PM me! :)

I Guess Donkeys Are Okay

Postby drumlover » Thu Feb 03, 2011 4:18 am

I just realized I'll be in there anyway for coastermania ert, so basically it would come down to is the hotel package deals worth paying a few extra bucks for coastermania?

Racing for the sky

Postby coasterlover420 » Thu Feb 03, 2011 12:43 pm

^Probably not. You'll be getting ert anyway so what's an extra hour in the morning? There are plenty of decent hotels in Sandusky. You could probably even find one downtown, it's really not that far at all from the park. 10 minute drive tops.
~Signature~

PreviousNext