Cedar Point (CP) Discussion Thread

P. 4740: Cedar Points Nights 2019 details released!
Users viewing this topic: No registered users and 9 guests
Discuss theme parks, roller coasters, and mules!
Five babies drowned in a fire

Re: The Cedar Point (CP) Discussion Thread

Postby Skycoastin Steve » Wed Sep 08, 2010 7:57 pm

CPmaverick wrote:^I noticed that too. That also happened to be one of the only smooth parts before the re-tracking. Leave it to Cedar Fair to re-track a smooth section :x .

Smooth has nothing to do with it. If the area around there isn't structurally sound, they have to replace it. The track might have been fine, but if the bracing and/or supports weren't, then obviously that's something that needs to get fixed.

DarkStitch626 wrote:Top Thrill Dragster's orange train's shell is sitting in the Mean Streak in field area aswell.

Dragster will always have one train off the track, as they've pretty much gotten in their "operational niche" running it with 5 trains. Sometimes the 6th train will be on the transfer, other times it will be sitting in pieces somewhere, but what you saw isn't rare at all. Also, I believe it's the yellow train, but no need to get technical! ;)

Why do I still have a donkey title???

Postby FeelTheFORCE » Wed Sep 08, 2010 8:33 pm

^ Actually, from what I remember, TTD ALWAYS had that 6th train sitting on the transfer. This is the first year I have not seen it there.

I don't know the difference between waist and waste.

Postby CPmaverick » Wed Sep 08, 2010 8:42 pm

Skycoastin Steve wrote:Smooth has nothing to do with it. If the area around there isn't structurally sound, they have to replace it. The track might have been fine, but if the bracing and/or supports weren't, then obviously that's something that needs to get fixed.

That's kind of what I figured. I probably should of typed that ;) .

Although I wish CP would of just left it and let it collapse :lol: .

FeelTheFORCE wrote:^ Actually, from what I remember, TTD ALWAYS had that 6th train sitting on the transfer. This is the first year I have not seen it there.

You are correct. There's been six trains somewhere on TTD's track/transfer since 2003 until the end of last season.
3DS Friend Code: 0774-4246-7779
Simpsons Tapped Out: serialmaverick

Racing for the sky

Postby coasterlover420 » Wed Sep 08, 2010 9:03 pm

If you know where to look, you can notice that the GOLD train has been taken apart and put in the storage behind STR to be used as replacement parts for the other 5 trains. If you look closely while riding you'll notice that all of the parts on each train are labeled by train/car/side (such as BC/6/L or something), on some trains, there are parts from the gold train.
~Signature~

Maveshark Team Leader and awesome dude!

Postby coasterkyle » Wed Sep 08, 2010 9:59 pm

CPmaverick wrote:^I noticed that too. That also happened to be one of the only smooth parts before the re-tracking. Leave it to Cedar Fair to re-track a smooth section :x .

Pingu1651 wrote:^^ Green hasn't been running at all this season. I think I saw it on the transfer tracks when it was closed, but it's basically been red and gold all season.

It was sitting on top of the transfer track for about a week back in early June, probably while they were debating whether or not to put it back on the track for operation (obviously they didn't).

Green has not even been close to the transfer track at all this season its been sitting in the same spot since at least May
Credits - 144 Favorites 1.Skyrush 2.Maverick 3. Phoenix

Postby CPmaverick » Wed Sep 08, 2010 10:06 pm

^It was definitely on the transfer track. Not for long, but it was there.

Maveshark Team Leader and awesome dude!

Postby coasterkyle » Wed Sep 08, 2010 10:26 pm

CPmaverick wrote:^It was definitely on the transfer track. Not for long, but it was there.

not to be Mean ;) or anything but I'm on the crew we havent had green all season its been sitting back there the whole time
Credits - 144 Favorites 1.Skyrush 2.Maverick 3. Phoenix

Five babies drowned in a fire

Postby Skycoastin Steve » Thu Sep 09, 2010 6:15 am

^Do you mean the gold train? I rode in the green train two weeks ago.....

I wish they would make Street Fighter Donkey.

Postby KDcoasterMAN » Thu Sep 09, 2010 6:24 am

^When I was at the park in May, Red and Gold were on the tracks.

Postby CPmaverick » Thu Sep 09, 2010 9:04 am

coasterkyle wrote: not to be Mean ;) or anything but I'm on the crew we havent had green all season its been sitting back there the whole time

Should of taken a pic but it was there. It was sitting on it's up-stop wheels on top of the transfer track. Obviously they were not sure what they wanted to do with it. Did you take a few days off?

Skycoastin Steve wrote:^Do you mean the gold train? I rode in the green train two weeks ago.....

I do know green has not run all season, especially two weeks ago. For the last two months it's been sitting inside Mean Streak.

PreviousNext