Cedar Point (CP) Discussion Thread

P. 4740: Cedar Points Nights 2019 details released!
Users viewing this topic: smartestcoasterkidever!, The Great Zo and 29 guests
Discuss theme parks, roller coasters, and mules!
A donkey is a domesticated member of the Equidae or horse family.

Re: The Cedar Point (CP) Discussion Thread

Postby slither37 » Thu May 06, 2010 5:47 am

here is the Coastermania page:

http://www.cedarpoint.com/public/news/coastermania/index.cfm

Notice the cool ClubTPR logo on the bottom!

I think the ERT schedule is good and each session is in one area so you do not waste a large portion of ERT walking between coasters. I bet if you do not like your spine and head, you can walk right on during the Mantis ERT.

2 Hours of ERT on MF is particularly good.

I will make him an offer he can''t refuse.

Yummy! I just ate donkey!

Postby Tbcoasterfan » Thu May 06, 2010 7:36 am

ArizonaGuy wrote:Anyone know how weekdays in May are for attendance? I'll be visiting Cedar Point for the first time at the end of May. Is there also a Qbot system or anything that Cedar Point offers?

During the week it shouldn't be bad at all
I live just down the street from Cedar Point, and I guess you'd label me as a fanboy!

I wish they would make Street Fighter Donkey.

Postby KDcoasterMAN » Thu May 06, 2010 8:39 am

I'm getting the message that choosing to go to Cedar point during opening week was a bad idea... What wait times should I expect at their maximum limits?

Why do I still have a donkey title???

Postby FeelTheFORCE » Thu May 06, 2010 9:47 am

^ & ^^ Opening week is Math and Science week. As I've said before, I'd advise NOT to go during that period. It's not a fun experience at all, and you can expect lines to be 1 to 2 hours for most major rides. The second week they are open is Amusement Park 101 week. I believe that is new this year. I don't know how crowded that will be, but I would assume it won't be much better than M&S week.

Postby KDcoasterMAN » Thu May 06, 2010 9:53 am

^Thanks for the advisement. Sadly, reservations are hard to cancel on such short notice... But hey, hopefully I'll couple good rides in!

Postby FeelTheFORCE » Thu May 06, 2010 9:57 am

^ You should be ok if you plan your route carefully and accordingly....i.e. go to the back of the park first, eat lunch and dinner early/late and hit popular rides during lunch time and dinner time, etc.

Postby KDcoasterMAN » Thu May 06, 2010 10:31 am

^ Thanx again, I going up with a couple CP Veterans who "say" they know their way around the park. I'm just hoping for No Rain and No Crowds. Of Course you can't have one without the other...

I know the must hit rides for my three days there are TTD, Mav, Mag, MF, MaxAir, Skyhawk, and Raptor. Are there any others I definitely need to add to my list?

Postby FeelTheFORCE » Thu May 06, 2010 10:59 am

The only other ones I'd say are must rides are Gemini and Wicked Twister. I'm not a fan of Blue Streak, but a lot of people are, so you might want to give it a try...the line is never long because it's tucked away beyond Raptor. Mantis maybe, but if you don't get around to it, no big deal. Power Tower makes for some nice views also...especially of Dragster if you get the correct side facing it.

What would donkeys be like on the moon?

Postby G$ Kurt » Thu May 06, 2010 11:21 am

^of course Gemini is a must ride! =)

Five babies drowned in a fire

Postby Skycoastin Steve » Thu May 06, 2010 11:41 am

In the two years I worked there, I never saw a weekday crowd in May that I would describe as anything more than moderate. Even weekends aren't that bad in May. Sure, there might be a few long-ish lines, but nothing is going to be over an hour on a weekday in May, unless something really weird happens.

I went in on a Sunday in May 2008 (off day) and was able to ride 39 separate rides, that's how dead it was. And I probably could have ridden another 4 or 5 if they were open (Maxair was still down, Sky Ride was down for wind, TTD and DD went down for rain, Wildcat was down because of the lift hill incident that year). Granted, the wet-ish weather drove some of the crowd away, but even before it rained it wasn't crowded at all.

PreviousNext