Cedar Point (CP) Discussion Thread

P. 4740: Cedar Points Nights 2019 details released!
Users viewing this topic: No registered users and 18 guests
Discuss theme parks, roller coasters, and mules!
Don't let this donkey melt you with its laser eyes!

Re: The Cedar Point (CP) Discussion Thread

Postby gforce532 » Wed Apr 21, 2010 10:26 pm

Yeah "Take the Tunnel" at a roaring 5 mph. :lol:. I love how we say that and none of the GP gets it.

A donkey is a domesticated member of the Equidae or horse family.

Postby coolhandluke » Wed Apr 21, 2010 11:10 pm

I'd say the very obvious pipes on the outside wall, as well as the kinda-themed lanters, would indicate it will be fully enclosed. Perhaps some audio themeing? I can hope...

I'm actually looking forward to this more than I expected I'd be. I typically pass on CP's water rides, but this may change that up a bit.

2012+Mayan=BS!

Postby Chris Benvenuto » Thu Apr 22, 2010 5:55 am

In regards to the park's First Rider auction for Shoot The Rapids, I'll be there on Opening Day to be one of the first 30 riders on the ride. I posted a winning bid of 100 dollars, it tickles my pride that I'll forever be part of Cedar Point's ride history and that I'll have memories that will last a lifetime. :br :b

I'm fricking excited, I'll make sure to have photos from the event. ;)

http://www.firelandsredcross.org/ShootTheRapids/default.htm
Link for reference.
Last edited by Chris Benvenuto on Thu Apr 22, 2010 8:54 am.

I Guess Donkeys Are Okay

Postby OnPointTony » Thu Apr 22, 2010 8:17 am

thrillrideseeker wrote:So since this is Cedar Point related I thought you guys might like to see! I came across this photo on facebook. It was taken yesterday... But no one can figure it out! Any ideas?
~Matthew

This photo was apparently taken in the fall, not recently. We placed a car on the track to install a new trim brake. Did I mention we have a new water ride this year? It's pretty sweet. :)
Tony Clark | Director of Communications | Cedar Point Amusement Park | Twitter

the ghost seems to think there is a "Donkey Fairy"

Postby oriolat » Thu Apr 22, 2010 8:54 am

traincrossin wrote:Image
Gates have been installed

Why would they want gates on a ride like this? I mean, is this going to be like Pilgrim's Plunge where boats don't stop at the station and people have to board the boats while in motion or is this going to use a stop-and-go system like a coaster?

If the donkey is rockin, don't come knockin!

Postby Invertalon » Thu Apr 22, 2010 9:13 am

Knowing CF, it will def be a stop/go deal.

Five babies drowned in a fire

Postby Skycoastin Steve » Thu Apr 22, 2010 9:28 am

OnPointTony wrote:
thrillrideseeker wrote:So since this is Cedar Point related I thought you guys might like to see! I came across this photo on facebook. It was taken yesterday... But no one can figure it out! Any ideas?
~Matthew

This photo was apparently taken in the fall, not recently. We placed a car on the track to install a new trim brake. Did I mention we have a new water ride this year? It's pretty sweet. :)

Well that's rather boring considering some of the more outlandish theories we had. :|

Spinach plus Tuna makes the taste of the paste!

Postby Reality15 » Thu Apr 22, 2010 10:02 am

oriolat wrote:Why would they want gates on a ride like this? I mean, is this going to be like Pilgrim's Plunge where boats don't stop at the station and people have to board the boats while in motion or is this going to use a stop-and-go system like a coaster?

I'm going to place my money on having a system like Maverick. Two boats unload/load at once, once loaded they move forward, one into the trough one into the waiting position. Two new boats roll into the station. When the first dispatched boat is far enough away, the operators send the second.

Or they could use the system used on the Intamin rapids ride at Michigan's Adventure, where there are several positions for boats in the station. They load in position 2 and, depending on crowd level, position 3, with position 4 being waiting and position 1 being pre-dispatch. It's a very confusing process, but it might work on a ride like this.

My two guesses.
Check me out on: Flickr // YouTube // Facebook // Twitter

Have I mentioned how awesome donkeys are?

Postby dougstanton » Thu Apr 22, 2010 11:34 am

OnPointTony wrote:
~Matthew

Can you fill me in on exactly where that is on the ride? The angle the picture was taken from is throwing me off. It looks to be in the same spot where there are already trims. Is it a new trim brake for the old location or a new trim on a different spot in the ride? Thanks Tony.

the ghost seems to think there is a "Donkey Fairy"

Postby oriolat » Thu Apr 22, 2010 11:58 am

Reality15 wrote:I'm going to place my money on having a system like Maverick. Two boats unload/load at once, once loaded they move forward, one into the trough one into the waiting position. Two new boats roll into the station. When the first dispatched boat is far enough away, the operators send the second.

Since there are two separate loading bays I assume they'll do it like on Maverick.

PreviousNext