Cedar Point (CP) Discussion Thread

P. 4740: Cedar Points Nights 2019 details released!
Users viewing this topic: No registered users and 8 guests
Discuss theme parks, roller coasters, and mules!
I prefer to mate with donkeys over humans!

Re: The Cedar Point (CP) Discussion Thread

Postby odene497 » Wed Mar 31, 2010 1:27 pm

This is such a beautiful ride. I'm pretty excited to get back to Cedar Point this summer and try out the all the new additions since I've last been.

Challenge me at Donkey Kong...I dare ya!

Postby PhantomNick » Wed Mar 31, 2010 2:21 pm

This ride is really looking great! I'm definitely a fan of the rockwork they are adding along the flume path....nice touch. Certainly looks like a fine replacement for WWL!
I would rather be off riding coasters!

Steel Top 5 - (1) Steel Vengeance (2) Skyrush (3) Fury 325 (4) Millennium Force (5-tie) Phantom's Revenge (5-tie) Maverick
Wood Top 5 - (1) El Toro (2) Phoenix (3) Voyage (4) Ravine Flyer II (5) Shivering Timbers

Baby I'm Ready To Gooooooooo

Postby thrillrideseeker » Wed Mar 31, 2010 2:22 pm

Workers prepare Snake River Falls for a fresh coat of paint.
. . . HOLD TRAIN! A ride a Cedar Point is acutally getting a paint job?! Now if we can just get them to repaint MF, and TTD! Then I would be super happy. TTD is starting to look rather . . . pink.
~Matthew
~Matt & Matt~

This donkey is a Know-it-All

Postby andyuk200523 » Wed Mar 31, 2010 2:29 pm

Am I the only one that thinks the support for the Main drop looks a little bit too close to the drop of the smaller drop????
Andrew

Not sure when next trip is, however May/June 2013 - Canada Baby!!!!!

Am I allowed to eat donkey during lent?

Postby Homeboy23 » Wed Mar 31, 2010 2:31 pm

^ It looks that way but it is probably just the view from the picture.

I don't know the difference between waist and waste.

Postby CPmaverick » Wed Mar 31, 2010 3:32 pm

andyuk200523 wrote:Am I the only one that thinks the support for the Main drop looks a little bit too close to the drop of the smaller drop????

If you look in this picture there looks to be enough room. I doubt Cedar Point or Intamin would make a simple mistake like that.
STR154.jpg
3DS Friend Code: 0774-4246-7779
Simpsons Tapped Out: serialmaverick

I Guess Donkeys Are Okay

Postby geaugadan » Wed Mar 31, 2010 4:27 pm

Im so excited to ride this thing! Though I love Maverick, Cedar Point really lost one of its biggest family rides with the removal of White Water Landing. It's great to see a modern replacement for WWL!

My only qualm with the ride is that it is a demonstration of Cedar Fair's record with a love of cement. Frontier Trail remains one of the few places in Cedar Point where there were real-life trees in abundance. I might be naive in thinking there is a way to preserve as many trees as possible, because to me it just seems like they kinda axed trees all willy-nilly to construct this ride. Though the rock work will be a nice touch, a tree or two wouldn't have hurt.

I hate to be the Lorax, but soon Cedar Point will just be Point. Either way, this is sure to be a great addition to the already stellar ride line-up at CP. I'm anxious for opening day to get here!

I'm a know-it-all about donkeys!

Postby nln00b » Wed Mar 31, 2010 6:11 pm

This looks great! I can't wait to see what it looks like once it's open.
I am where the Coasters Are!! Except for SLC''s. :| :cry: :evil: :vekoma:

VeCOMA Coasters: 41 (36 Steel, 5 Wood) Park Count: 10

Why do I still have a donkey title???

Postby FeelTheFORCE » Wed Mar 31, 2010 6:45 pm

geaugadan wrote:My only qualm with the ride is that it is a demonstration of Cedar Fair's record with a love of cement. Frontier Trail remains one of the few places in Cedar Point where there were real-life trees in abundance. I might be naive in thinking there is a way to preserve as many trees as possible, because to me it just seems like they kinda axed trees all willy-nilly to construct this ride. Though the rock work will be a nice touch, a tree or two wouldn't have hurt.

I believe the majority of the ride is on Millennium Island where there are no paths anyway. From the sound of it, most of the trees in Frontiertown around the normal walking paths seem to remain untouched.

thrillrideseeker wrote:
Workers prepare Snake River Falls for a fresh coat of paint.
. . . HOLD TRAIN! A ride a Cedar Point is acutally getting a paint job?! Now if we can just get them to repaint MF, and TTD! Then I would be super happy. TTD is starting to look rather . . . pink.
~Matthew

Read my post above regarding someone's inquiry on new paint to T&T. Just before the STR pics.

Also, anyone have any more advice on my post a few pages ago? Thanks.
Last edited by FeelTheFORCE on Wed Mar 31, 2010 6:56 pm.

I don't know the difference between waist and waste.

Postby CPmaverick » Wed Mar 31, 2010 6:52 pm

^ Saturday will probably be fairly busy. Last year I was at CP until 11:30 and Magnum had a 45 minute wait and Maverick had over an hour when I left. With Shoot The Rapids opening, it definitely won't be quieter. Sunday should have crowds on the lighter side with only Millennium Force, Maverick, and Top Thrill Dragster having waits anywhere close to an hour.
3DS Friend Code: 0774-4246-7779
Simpsons Tapped Out: serialmaverick

PreviousNext