Cedar Point (CP) Discussion Thread

P. 4740: Cedar Points Nights 2019 details released!
Users viewing this topic: Pedrinho and 16 guests
Discuss theme parks, roller coasters, and mules!
I'm a know-it-all about donkeys!

Postby coastermoosh » Thu Dec 10, 2009 10:12 pm

CoasterPrince wrote:I think CP is planning something for Demon Drop's area. Why would you take out a ride and send it to another park? Does it not work well with the CP air? I know it was for sale but why not scrap it if you don't want it.

Remember the GCI that was supposed to go to Great America up in Santa Clara? Let's hope Cedar Fair lost the gift receipt, lol!

I am a dick, Ted.

Postby SnooSnoo » Fri Dec 11, 2009 11:12 am

^That would be an awesome replacement.. although I doubt DT is going anywhere anytime soon.

Five babies drowned in a fire

Postby Skycoastin Steve » Fri Dec 11, 2009 11:17 am

CP has never struck me as the type of park that would want a GCI. I have a feeling if they ever go wood, it'll probably be yet another Intamin for the park, possibly GG. GCI doesn't really fit the "bigger, badder, faster" modus operandi that CP has had the last 20 years.

Wisconsin Dells Fanatic

Postby traincrossin » Fri Dec 11, 2009 11:28 am

^Yea, but when I hear "bigger, badder, faster" I don't think of a new flume ride. Cedar Point has to round off their collection of rides and a new family friendly wood coaster that's actually smooth seems like it would fit. Not saying it's the best idea for an expansion, but it's definitely not the worst.
13 - Gatekeeper
14 - Millennium Force

I don't know the difference between waist and waste.

Postby CPmaverick » Fri Dec 11, 2009 1:38 pm

Maverick is definitely not "bigger, badder, faster." It's just amazinger ;)
3DS Friend Code: 0774-4246-7779
Simpsons Tapped Out: serialmaverick

Postby Skycoastin Steve » Fri Dec 11, 2009 2:07 pm

^^Because they aren't just going to keep building coasters until that's all they have. They know that the GP likes a good log flume, and they had been without one for a couple years. Since Maverick, they've been concentrating on a wider range of people, with Planet Snoopy and now Shoot the Rapids.

If they go wood, any of the current manufacturers would be a great choice. They all make smooth, reliable, exciting coasters. Wooden coaster manufacturing is at an all-time high right now, with everyone at the top of their game. Regardless of who they choose, the next woodie at CP will be quality. In my opinion I just don't think it'll be GCI, because I don't think a GCI would "fit" at CP. CP is a park that loves to push how fast their coasters are and how much they push the limits, and despite the fact that GCI's are fantastic coasters, they don't push any limits.

El Toro Make Me Erect

Postby HCLcoasters » Fri Dec 11, 2009 2:20 pm

I agree. Cedar Point has a style and GCI doesn't fit that style. I think that CP style would be something like the Voyage.

Postby Skycoastin Steve » Fri Dec 11, 2009 2:27 pm

^Yep, or El Toro. As much as I would love a GG there, they seem to make more terrain coasters (Boardwalk Bullet excepted), and CP obviously lacks terrain. Also given CP's extensive history with Intamin and their willingness to splurge on a coaster, I have a feeling we'll be seeing a prefab there at some point in the future. It would certainly help them in the airtime department, since so many enthusiasts complain about the overall "lack" of airtime in their coasters.

2012+Mayan=BS!

Postby Chris Benvenuto » Fri Dec 11, 2009 3:35 pm

^ Well, Magnum still has a considerable amount of airtime. The only problem that it causes MAJOR knee and waist pain! ;)

El Toro Make Me Erect

Postby HCLcoasters » Fri Dec 11, 2009 3:38 pm

I can't see something like toro. I can see something like Balder. That would be a perfect fit.

PreviousNext