Cedar Point (CP) Discussion Thread

P. 4740: Cedar Points Nights 2019 details released!
Users viewing this topic: No registered users and 11 guests
Discuss theme parks, roller coasters, and mules!
I don't know the difference between waist and waste.

Postby CPmaverick » Sat Jul 11, 2009 7:13 pm

Its possible they will build in and around Cedar Creek Mine Ride, much like they did with El Toro.
3DS Friend Code: 0774-4246-7779
Simpsons Tapped Out: serialmaverick

I Love Donkeys!

Postby Jason Hammond » Sat Jul 11, 2009 7:20 pm

Wasn't Viper removed to make room for El Toro?
http://www.refresheverything.com/givekidstheworld
5 Countries, 30 States, 168 Parks, 640 Coasters, 77,555 Miles
http://www.rollercoasterfreak.com

Have I mentioned how awesome donkeys are?

Postby KPfreak519 » Sat Jul 11, 2009 7:36 pm

Jason Hammond wrote:Wasn't Viper removed to make room for El Toro?

Yeah but they built in and around Rolling Thunder

Anyway, Im always hoping for new coasters at the Point but Im pretty sure were not gonna see one in this particular clearing. I could maybe see some sort of flat ride or water ride, but as some have said its probably something for Halloween.
PITTSBURGH PENGUINS 2009 STANLEY CUP CHAMPIONS!!!!!!!

Go Hokies

Jizzy jizz jizz jizz jizz

Postby PKI Jizzman » Sat Jul 11, 2009 7:52 pm

I'm going there Wednesday.
{1991} Chicago based. Creative ad world guy with @adultswim @cartoonnetwork World traveler, concert attendee, salsa connoisseur, comic reader, and theme park nerd
IG: photoboothez

I don't know the difference between waist and waste.

Postby CPmaverick » Sat Jul 11, 2009 8:06 pm

KPfreak519 wrote:Anyway, Im always hoping for new coasters at the Point but Im pretty sure were not gonna see one in this particular clearing. I could maybe see some sort of flat ride or water ride, but as some have said its probably something for Halloween.

I highly doubt it is for halloween because Terror Island was easially put on Millennium Island last year with no clearing and it was not even near the clearing.
3DS Friend Code: 0774-4246-7779
Simpsons Tapped Out: serialmaverick

The best thing about TPR is the donkeys.

Postby LJGoBlue » Sat Jul 11, 2009 8:29 pm

Well I am going there tomorrow with a friend and we have both decided to do a little bit of investigating on what exactly is going on here.

Full Fledged Donkey Enthusiast!

Postby Maverickrocks » Sat Jul 11, 2009 8:41 pm

CP may have a tendency to rip out trees, but they only do it for a reason. The clearing will be for a new ride. Kinzel even confirmed that CP would be getting something new for 2009 about two months ago.

Since the cleared space isn't really big enough for a coaster, they could use the lagoon for space. Or take out Mine Ride (and/or Snake Rive Falls) as some are speculating . I'm hoping it won't have to come to taking those out though. I really would be sad to see Mine Ride leave.

She turned me into a donkey! I got better...

Postby MattMattMatt » Sat Jul 11, 2009 8:43 pm

Jason Hammond wrote:Most recently in 1978 they removed Jumbo Jet and another Wildcat they had before their current model.

I think 30 years of not removing a coaster (and even then, relatively minor coasters compared to the sprawling CCMR) set a good enough precedent for most folks to know I didn't mean back in Cyclone's days. ;)

A donkey is a domesticated member of the Equidae or horse family.

Postby slither37 » Sun Jul 12, 2009 4:57 am

When I was on MF I also just saw halloween stuff on the island but I wouldn't be sad to see CCMR go at all. I think CP is good with family rides/family coasters right now and CCMR isn't too popular either. I'd love to see a flying coaster take its place right on the lake.

I am not a big fan of CCMR either, I just do think that CP will want to tear it down. A coaster weaving between the turns of MF would be pretty good.

I will make him an offer he can''t refuse.

Why do I still have a donkey title???

Postby Philrad71 » Sun Jul 12, 2009 8:18 am

I am still sticking with a bigger version of Pilgrim's Plunge - it will be the world's tallest water ride in 2010 and would be billed as the replacement to White Water Landing.

In looking at PP with the elevator vertical lift, it would be perfect for that area and for CP. I do not think that they would have to remove CCMR in order to build something like this...

PreviousNext