Cedar Point (CP) Discussion Thread

P. 4740: Cedar Points Nights 2019 details released!
Users viewing this topic: FeelTheFORCE and 44 guests
Discuss theme parks, roller coasters, and mules!
I wish they would make Street Fighter Donkey.

Postby haux » Sun Apr 12, 2009 11:23 pm

coolcalicoaster wrote:
haux wrote:
coolcalicoaster wrote:When I moved to Ohio from California I was so excited to be near CP. I have to admit I think it is the best park for my tastes. However, some people complain no matter what is added or not added :?r
I don't know one single person that goes to Cedar Point to sit on a bench at night to enjoy the quiet. I am also wondering why half of CP fans complain about lack of certain new attractions and the other half complain when anything new is built?
Just imagine if their were no CP. Now that would be something to complain about.
Plenty of passholders I know (myself included) would go to CP, get a few rides in and then just relax the rest of the day. I could have a great day if I didn't ride anything.

You are definitely in the minority. Most people don't travel all the way to Sandusky for that same reason. People usually go to their local park(not a theme park) for relaxation.
CP and other major parks like SFGADV and MM, would not attract guest from all over the world with the advertisement of rest and relaxation. They are attracted by the major thrill rides. I'm sorry but that is the nature of this business.
I'm talking about passholders, like myself, who live relatively nearby and visit tons of times a year. The locals do this. The people who live right next to the park do. My friends from Michigan do. I'm not saying I'd go to the park not planning on riding anything. But I'd be OK if I could a couple rides on Raptor and MF, one on Maverick, had lunch and then just kicked back on the beach or did some people watching.
I am out of ideas for what to write in this signature box.

I wrote the book about donkeys!

Postby rawrtotheargh » Sun Apr 12, 2009 11:34 pm

^ I agree. If you go to a park regularly then it would be nice to go and ride a few and just relax. I'd probably want to ride a couple before I left. But relaxing most of the day would still be a fun time. As long as you are with fun people. I can tell you that sometimes when I go to Magic Mountain i'll spend hours visiting friends at certain rides and just sit there and talk to them. Its very relaxing. Its like my spa. I place to go and get away from life. :) Or maybe that is technically an addiction. Is there a coaster enthusiast anonymous.

I Guess Donkeys Are Okay

Cedar Point marking flags???

Postby lacrosse14 » Sat Jul 11, 2009 6:48 am

For all you that are readers at Screamscape you might have read this already, but Cedar Point has been marking flags by Cedar Creek Mine Ride and construction has started on Millenium Island. Is there a new ride coming to Cedar Point next year? Here's the link for all who want to see the flags:
http://www.screamscape.com/html/cedar_point.htm

Site Admin

Postby robbalvey » Sat Jul 11, 2009 6:49 am

Hey everyone!

With Cedar Point being one of the most popular amusement park destinations in the world, I realized we never had an official overall CP discussion thread!

So let's turn the old Maverick thread into that discussion!

If you have photo TR's of Cedar Point. You can post them here! Have questions about Cedar Point? Post them here! Heard any current news or seen changes to the park? Post them here!

I've noticed we've had a lot of either current or past employees of Cedar Point on this forum.

So if you feel like fessing up to your employment at the park (or have any great stories to tell from working there) post them now!

--Robb

A donkey is a domesticated member of the Equidae or horse family.

Postby slither37 » Sat Jul 11, 2009 7:37 am

Seems like a rather cramped area to be building. I do not think that cedar creek mine ride is coming down, so could this be just some utilities moving? I did see some stuff going on the island when riding MF, but i was thinking this was for Halloween.

I will make him an offer he can''t refuse.

I wish they would make Street Fighter Donkey.

Postby haux » Sat Jul 11, 2009 10:17 am

Oh, no. Work stories. I worked at CP the summers of 2003, 2004 and 2005, and I visited as a guest more than 100 times between 2007 and 2008. I've got plenty of stories. Gross stories, fun stories, horror stories.
I am out of ideas for what to write in this signature box.

Challenge me at Donkey Kong...I dare ya!

Postby monsterfan99 » Sat Jul 11, 2009 6:07 pm

^^ With the MF Island, I remember being on the river cruise (I think that is the name.) The driver point to the area in question and said "To your left is construc...oh nothing, keeping looking forward."

I have severe vegetarian

Postby CreditCrazy » Sat Jul 11, 2009 6:17 pm

slither37 wrote:Seems like a rather cramped area to be building. I do not think that cedar creek mine ride is coming down, so could this be just some utilities moving? I did see some stuff going on the island when riding MF, but i was thinking this was for Halloween.

When I was on MF I also just saw halloween stuff on the island but I wouldn't be sad to see CCMR go at all. I think CP is good with family rides/family coasters right now and CCMR isn't too popular either. I'd love to see a flying coaster take its place right on the lake.

She turned me into a donkey! I got better...

Postby MattMattMatt » Sat Jul 11, 2009 6:29 pm

CCMR is still doing around 850,000 riders per year which is right in line with rides of similar status in the park. I'd also speculate it's not expensive to maintain, and there's really not much land to gain in a full removal that they couldn't find elsewhere. Not to mention CP really does not have a history of removing roller coasters. I wouldn't call it likely.

I Love Donkeys!

Postby Jason Hammond » Sat Jul 11, 2009 7:10 pm

^Well not recent history maybe. But, there were 13 coasters that previously operated at Cedar Point that are no longer there.

http://www.rcdb.com/pd1.htm

Most recently in 1978 they removed Jumbo Jet and another Wildcat they had before their current model.

PreviousNext