Cedar Point (CP) Discussion Thread

P. 4740: Cedar Points Nights 2019 details released!
Users viewing this topic: DoinItForTheFame, Haymaker and 26 guests
Discuss theme parks, roller coasters, and mules!
Holy crap you have a HUGE donkey!

Postby tkkyj » Tue Apr 07, 2009 12:36 pm

I definitely understand the concern over spoiling that area of the park... I grew up going to Cedar Point and I don't like Millenium cutting in.

But--done right--this could restore some of the magic back there. Besides, it is almost scary back there at night when the park is about to close.

I just wonder what it will look like during the day? The 30 minute path closure may indicate that the canopies are somewhat retractable... or something... ?

I Guess Donkeys Are Okay

Postby zakkster » Tue Apr 07, 2009 1:10 pm

It is great to see CF adding something that will be cool for the whole family at CP. Now if they would only add a dark ride!
"It has been my experience that folks who have no vices have very few virtues"
Abraham Lincoln[url=http://www.clubtpr.com][img]http://www.clubtpr.com/images/memberbanners/4cea9dbcc67f65f627126cd8f6b5b8f1.jpg[/img][/url]

What I do and who I am

Postby pianojohn » Tue Apr 07, 2009 2:09 pm

haux wrote:Eh. I don't know how I feel about this. It's neat that they're changing it at night, but Frontier Trail is one of the most peaceful places in the park at night.

I think the peacefulness of Frontier Trail started to go in 1986 when they installed Thunder Canyon and was completely gone by 2000 when MF opened.

Now the only really quiet spot on the Point is the beach.

Still, it will be neat to look at if not necessarily all that quiet.

Permanent Tourist

Postby Electerik » Tue Apr 07, 2009 2:11 pm

I think it sounds pretty nice. This one sentence, however, is really odd:

Similar to the climate in the Midwest, each display will gently segue into a different season.

:P

I think Intamin should make a donkey!

Postby bgroodog » Tue Apr 07, 2009 3:03 pm

Electerik wrote:I think it sounds pretty nice. This one sentence, however, is really odd:

Similar to the climate in the Midwest, each display will gently segue into a different season.

:P
Sounds about right seeing as we have seen almost all seasons this past week alone here in Ohio... but idk about "Gently" ;)

Why do I still have a donkey title???

Postby Philrad71 » Tue Apr 07, 2009 3:32 pm

I am surprised no one has asked this yet - will there be LED's adorning the trash cans? :lolr:

Seriously though, I think it is a nice family addition to the park. I have always liked the walk from Frontier Town to the midway - it should be a very pretty walk at night.

I really did not see MF as ruining the ambience of the area. The coaster is ensconced perfectly behind the trees away from the trail except when you go under the tunnel where it crosses over to the island.

nagro5 tastes like poo-poo.

Postby nagro5 » Tue Apr 07, 2009 3:57 pm

What I'm wondering is how they are going to redirect people while they set up.
Total Coasters: 200 (167 steel, 33 wood)
Total Parks: 34

Why do I still have a donkey title???

Postby Carnage » Tue Apr 07, 2009 6:59 pm

^ Gonna be a long, long walk for anyone who wants to ride MF after they close the path.

This doesn't really scream "frontier" to me. They seem to be slowly sucking the frontier theme out of that area.

It kind of sounds like just a tacky crap load of LCD lights to me.

Jason X versus the Robot Space Donkey!

Postby BrownStreak » Fri Apr 10, 2009 2:57 pm

If this is done well it will be great although if it is done so-so it will really suck. I admit one of my favorite times at MK is when the fireworks are done and you turn around and see all the popcorn lights along Main Street. Also kind of bummed that Maverick & Molly is being replaced by a no-story-line music band show.
Of the road, but still in a truck...By the way, that's my dog Millie (named after Millennium Force) over there to the left!

I wrote the book about donkeys!

Postby coolcalicoaster » Fri Apr 10, 2009 3:18 pm

When I moved to Ohio from California I was so excited to be near CP. I have to admit I think it is the best park for my tastes. However, some people complain no matter what is added or not added :?r
I don't know one single person that goes to Cedar Point to sit on a bench at night to enjoy the quiet. I am also wondering why half of CP fans complain about lack of certain new attractions and the other half complain when anything new is built?
Just imagine if their were no CP. Now that would be something to complain about.

PreviousNext