Cedar Point (CP) Discussion Thread

P. 4740: Cedar Points Nights 2019 details released!
Users viewing this topic: No registered users and 12 guests
Discuss theme parks, roller coasters, and mules!
Yummy! I just ate donkey!

Postby Astat » Wed Feb 13, 2008 5:02 am

^But on the flip side, since they only seat 4 passengers, they really don't make much sense being anything BUT an upcharge.

I've actually never done any of the Challenge Park stuff other than the mini golf courses, I might give this and the go-karts a shot this year...skycoasters still intimidate me though.

I Love Eli Manning!

Postby coastercrazed49 » Wed Feb 13, 2008 5:46 am

The one at six flags looks really fun, but you have to pay $25 after you have already paid $49 to get into the park. I don't think its worth it unless your in one of those fun centers or piers then I might rethink it.
EBL [9:16pm]: I'm not much into politics. I got turned off while Abraham Lincoln was in office.

Why do I still have a donkey title???

Postby Moose » Wed Feb 13, 2008 6:11 am

It look's like i should have rode this while it was at VF. They had a wicked good deal. It was something like 7 bucks a person if two people rode. I guess that should have been a sign that the thing wasn't doing well and would be moved.

Donkeys give me orgiastic scream!

Postby NewsPlusNotes » Wed Feb 13, 2008 7:31 am

^ That's what happened while the ride was at Dorney, also. In the last couple years it was really cheap to take a spin. I remember back when it opened they wanted like $20 (or more? can't remember exactly) to ride and no one did. That's when the price cutting started.

Mike

Postby FeelTheFORCE » Wed Feb 13, 2008 8:07 am

coasterguy618 wrote:
FeelTheFORCE wrote:
coasterguy618 wrote:Wow...they are building Valleyfair's old Skryscraper. That gets me mad. They could of at least tried and built somthing more modern and unique, seriously these Skyscraper things are out of date now.

Good Going Cedar Fair.

I've never ridden one, so I'm actually pretty excited to do so.

I mean don't get me wrong they are thrilling, but they are not worth the upcharge price.

Oh yeah, I completely agree, but Cedar Point has a deal in May where you pay one price for a package and you get a room (2 nights), 2 starlight tickets, 2 full day tickets, 4 Challenge Park tickets good for anything in Challenge Park, coupons for later in the season, and much money. My mom and I have been doing this for the past 5 years or so and I think maybe one or two years we used all of the Challenge Park tickets because it's always too cold/rainy to mini golf, and I'm not a fan of the go-carts as there's always obnoxious kids who race that try and ram into you, or it's raining. So I'm just happy that there's something I can actually use the tickets on this year so they don't keep going to waste. :lolr:

Donkeys are my way of life!

Postby sfmmrules! » Wed Feb 13, 2008 1:04 pm

I just checked CP's websight & theyre taking reservations for their resorts & have the packages listed too. :airtime:

Postby FeelTheFORCE » Wed Feb 13, 2008 1:28 pm

^ Nice! Yeah when I buy the package, I go so early in May (the weekdays after opening weekend; there is NO ONE there...everything is a walk-on), that I don't even have to book the package until literally 2 or 3 days before. :lolr:

I Love Eli Manning!

Postby coastercrazed49 » Wed Feb 13, 2008 3:37 pm

I think it would be fun to run that ride. You could mess with people when they were about to fall, that always makes a ride more interesting. :lolr:

1,000th Post!
EBL [9:16pm]: I'm not much into politics. I got turned off while Abraham Lincoln was in office.

The only thing better than a naked woman is a naked donkey!

Postby cycamps » Wed Feb 13, 2008 5:56 pm

It looks like it could turn out to be a good ride...

Postby FeelTheFORCE » Wed Feb 13, 2008 7:38 pm

I like the fact that you can watch streaming video of people on the ride. :lolr:

PreviousNext